New recruiting options for NCAA 2012 and beyond.

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by runthepound, Feb 2, 2011.

1. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

Well with it being national signing day, and knowing how heavily I follow recruiting in real life, I was thinking about what things EA could come up with in the dynasty mode to make it deeper. Couple of things I thought about. Not sure how they would do this or how effective it would be, but these are my ideas:

1. Somehow allow us to see some of the juniors in High School and possibly be able to recruit them a year ahead of time or to throw out some really early offers to gauge true interest when they show up on the real recruiting board their seniors years.

2. Allow us to continue to recruit some kids that have already committed elsewhere. This would require us to remain committed to guys on our boards and not just move on to spending time with some of the other people on our board.

Again, these are just a couple of thoughts that I had. Not sure how they would be able to implement this, but as popular and as big a recruiting has become in real life, I think EA may have to take some steps in this type of direction in the next year or 2 to continue to make this game as authentic as possible.

Thoughts?

2. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

I just want a "we have hot chicks on our campus" option for FIU.

Oh yeah, your suggestions are good too, though I probably wouldn't try to continue to sway guys that have already committed. Seems like a high risk move there

3. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

Well, the reason I said this is that there are always those few guys that bounce back and forth until signing day.

4. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

I think its a great idea. You would have to allot time for recruits who have been #1 on your board and not take their soft commitment for granted.

5. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

i like your ideas RTP..
    1) i for one have always wanted to be able to recruit juniors..reason being(using myself as an example) being able to see juniors would have helped me build up my Maryland team because i could have got out on some guys earlier to help where they would seed me on their board at the begining of the season.

2) that would require them to give us more time to recurit players because a 10hr week wouldn't cut it.

There are alot of things EA could take away from the game to add this feature in: DAMN MASCOT GAME!!!!!!! get that shit out of here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

A couple of things I would amend for NCAA '12:

- I think the gameplay is pretty good but one aspect they could fix is the quarterback drop. If a user drops a quarterback ten yards behind the line of scrimmage, the probability of completing a pass should drop drastically.
    - Coaches challenge should be available in user games
    - regular season neutral site games should be in (like the ACC-SEC game to open the season in Atlanta and Va Tech -Boise in DC). They used to have them in an older version but now they are gone. Bring them back.

7. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

I was kind of hoping they would add a "Recruit a Mascot" feature!