New Rivalry

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by jca312, Jul 12, 2010.

1. jca312

jca312 Walk On

New Rivalry

[​IMG]

A few interesting things happened during Cream of the Crop Media Day, one was JFunk rambled on and on about his beloved Crimson Tide for HOURS, the SEC, the banking crisis, Global Warming, the economy, and whether or not he thinks Sarah Palin could pass as librarian hot. After JFunk's portion mercifully came to an end, bamaboiking channeled his inner Bill Belichek and refused to even confirm that the University of Georgia actually had a football team or if they would actually be able to field a team to play any games in the upcoming season.
    As the ACC segment of the day was ready to wrap up, Coach Runthepound decided it was a good time to put Coach JCA and Miami on notice. "We're comin' for ya Week 8!" A game that was already circled on the schedule just got a little more intense. While Miami and North Carolina aren't officially rivals, the match-up gained some intensity when former Hurricane coach, Butch Davis, returned from his stint in the NFL to coach the Tar Heels. Now, with the series nearing the boiling point, Coach RTP, who takes over after beating Miami in all three match-ups while he was at Florida State, decided to take the Lane Kiffin approach and throw a gallon of gasoline on the fire before even spending a quarter on the Tar Heels' sideline. Coach JCA seems to have instilled great discipline in his team as no player would comment on anything but the Hurricanes Week 1 game against the University of South Florida. Miami will have several challenges before the Week 8 Coastal Division showdown that they are more worried about at the moment. The only person who would comment on it was Coach JCA who had this to say. "Obviously that is an important game, but I think they are all important. I think it says something that he commented on our game, since they play LSU, Missouri, Georgia Tech, Oklahoma, and Clemson all before Week 8. I'll just take it as a compliment that he is worried about that game, make sure we take care of business before that game and see how it goes."

2. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

THis is what im talking about, media was awesome and we got some heat now. Winning the ACC is more important to UNC than miami. Whoever Wins will probally see clemson.

3. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Hahaha....Great post JCA. You're exactly right man, while their was no bickering or straight forward jabs thrown at one another....some things were said (including myself) that you def could not get out of a post on a forum...lol

The media day was classic and so much fun. RTP just text me this morning saying he is listening to the whole thing again on his ipod while @work.

You guys made it happen. Great work again guys. Things definetley got more interesting after that.

4. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

RTP could not be reached for comment this morning on the situation....word is he was on the practice fields with his team. A statement will be made this afternoon on the "new rivalry."

5. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

JCA you're dead to me.

6. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

After listing to media day i will give the edge to the U but only in a close one in year 1. This will be a great rivalry to watch over the years here in CoC

7. jca312

jca312 Walk On

You know I got nothin' but love for you man (y)

8. JFunk34

I know bro. You're still my boy.

9. jca312

jca312 Walk On

"I close my eyes,
    Only for a moment, now the moments gone...
    Dust in the wind
    All we are is dust in the wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiind.
    YOU'RE MY BOY BLUE!!!!"

10. JFunk34

HA. Great movie.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/polnhn_NbgE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/polnhn_NbgE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]