New Roster

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BadaBing319, Oct 21, 2010.

1. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

Hey, so I was thinking - I realize that EA hasn't updated the online franchise roster despite the countless roster updates they've had for online play. We aren't going to be able to wait much longer unfortunately.

However, what if we were to make the major changes ourselves? We can easily move Moss to the Vikings and Lynch to the Seahawks. We don't need to make every little update to teams 3rd string OLB and obviously we cannot create players, but we can get most of the impact moves done on our own, right?

2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I was thinking along these lines too. What about compensation? (not that 4th rounders really matter but hey, I have a lot of holes, lol)

3. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

Wait, so you mean the Roster that I download weekely from EA is NOT the same one everyone uses when they start a new Online Franchise? I had no idea that was the case. Just another sheer laziness issue for EA not wanting to deal with more than one supported/ hosted roster?

Lets do it ourselves. say any guy over 75 is worth manually updating. since there are no penalties for drops and signs, we can trade picks. and everything we need to. it will just take two of us to do it. and neither can b the the commish. since he cant move teams. Remember when deep round draft picks mattered??? hell when I used to play Madden 08 PC there was nothing better than finding a round 6 gem. back when actual attributes were hidden and random instead of having static draft classes preloaded.

4. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

Sad how franchise mode has actually regressed over the years.

Actually, the best way to do this may be for the commissioner to make the moves on the Online Franchise web site. You can easily add and drop players from there...

5. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

If someone can get their hands on a list - I can take care of the roster moves. Still though, I want my 4th round pick from Seattle! lol