New Rule for Madden'11 : Salary Breakdown and Season 1 contract lenghts

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Psycho, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

New Rule for Madden'11 : Salary Breakdown and Season 1 contract lenghts

So a couple of things to cover here.

1) A few players salary will be affected by there stats:

a) Players salary with respect to his teammates.
    If during the player's current contract if he leads the team in any of the following target categories*, then come sign/resign time he will want to be the highest paid player on the team, for that position, plus the signing bonus of the player he's trying to one up.

b) Players salary with respect to the league.
    If during a player's current contract he leads the league in any of the target categories, then he will demand the Bonus and salary of the highest paid player, in his position, in the league, when it's time for him to sit down with his GM and ink his new contract.
    c) Team and league leaders that have to be released into FA.
    Any player demanding high dollar released back into FA will still demand that salary for days 1+2 of the offseason FA, but fall back to original value on day 3.

*Target Categories (min. stat for increase salary demands)

Passing yds (2,500)
    Passing TDs (20)
    Rushing TDs (12)
    Rushing yards (1,000)
    Recieving yards (600)
    Recieving TDs (8)

Sacks (5)
    Tackles (30)
    Ints (4)

How to keep track of this?
    On your spreadsheet for Madden'11 Bold green will indicate that he lead the league during his contract, bold red will indicate that he lead the team.

2) Salary Cap:

Madden'11 Season one the salary cap will most likely be $250, will it increase over the duration of the OF... maybe. I did not increase it this season because I saw that the people that got into salary cap trouble were guys that would sign all of their starters, pay the signing bonuses, then bitch because they had no room to sign draft picks and FAs... and in some cases quit. On the other hand guys that we're watching the salary cap strategically let go of some starters and hoped to pick them up in FA, or just drafted younger, cheaper talent.

The goal here is to make the GMs here sweat to keep a team together. It's the NFL, not college. You can't make the ultimate team with no holes, and backups to fill in when injuries occur and not skip a step.

That being said, I'll look at the progression of players salaries and make the call during the Madden'11 OF if a cap increase is warranted.

3) Season 1 starting contracts:

This time around the starting contracts lengths will be what the offline franchise mode says is left on each players contract. If the player inks a deal before we start the OF... don't care. Everyone will start with the length of contract that the offline dynasty says is left.

4) Spreadsheets:

Next year it will be on each individual GM to do his own spreadsheet on google docs. I'll appoint an AFC Manager, and a NFC Manager. The commish and the respective manager of the conference will check the spreadsheets to make sure they were done correctly, including making sure the team/league leaders are bolded correctly.

I might have more later about salary, but that's all I could come up with for now.

Oh, and there will probably be gameplay rule changes also... relaxing rules, not making new ones.

2. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

I like what I see here so far. Another element of strategy with the new contract system.

Preliminary salary sheet for Madden 11 year 1 Steelers:
    Steelers cap is at 222 out of 250 with the current ratings and current contract prices.
    Steelers Salary Cap

3. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

You have to enable sharing for us to see it.

But it's nice to know you're already ahead of the game on the spreadsheet.

4. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Sorry about that. Updated it to where people can see it.

Yeah I was pretty bored last night so I made it up.