New Rule in Effect Season 5

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Masler, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

No swaying of Juniors at all or Juniors at a certain overall?

2. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

Might want to put it to a vote. My personal preference is no swaying of transfers and no swaying back anyone that is a 90 OVR or a projected pick in the top 3 rounds.

I don't think it makes sense to sway back a 89 OVR Sophomore but can't sway back an 87 Junior simply because of their class.

3. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

First off, its just an idea. Second, the game already has a certain amount of "logic" on who goes or stays. Most juniors that are projected to be drafted leave, and I think most coaches encourage them to. We aren't seeing this big improvement like we expected in the player's leaving stage. In fact, I think its worse than previous versions. Everyone going pro comes back. I suggested last year we don't allow anyone to be swayed back. That is actually my first preference. But no juniors I saw as a baby step from what we have now.

4. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

Bob Knight would throw a chair at this, so much for a college education :rolleyes:

5. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I'm sure we're all aware that CPU teams don't sway guys back. Why should we get that advantage over them? Don't we have enough already?

6. aarondramp

I understand it's just an idea. I just think that if we can't sway people back it should be based more on their OVR or projected draft slot instead of their current class.

7. aarondramp

The silly thing is that they have way too many underclassmen declaring for the draft on EA. This year's class set a record with 68 underclassmen. Of the guys that go pro for draft stock purposes (as opposed to those that really need the money or have eligibility issues), many of them are 1st or 2nd rounders. I swayed back two projected 5th rounders this year. One of which was a sophomore. It's just not accurate, unfortunately.

8. jello1717

So why should we as people get the chance to correct those inaccuracies when the CPU can't? Obviously swaying can only make you team better. We already recruit better. We already play better. Why should we get to sway when the CPU can't?

9. aarondramp

I'm not horribly opposed to the idea. If that's what the group wants then I would be fine with that. It always sucks to lose guys, but we do have some pretty big advantages over the CPU.

I was speaking more to if we are going to limit swaying back, base it on something other than their year.

10. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

how much does the pitch effect what they do?

11. aarondramp

Masler

Any way we could get this set? I have two juniors that are 90 OVR, so I need to see if I should be replacing them. I think there are several good options, just would like to see it finalized.

12. jello1717

We should also get a set list of position change rules as well Masler. We talked about it last season, but never set anything in stone.

• Like Like x 1