NEW Rule proposal - Trades

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Aug 21, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

NEW Rule proposal - Trades

Right now it states that you are allowed 10 items or 4 trades per offseason. Each item sent and recieved is accepted. Let me just add it is getting old where guys agree to stuff and a week or two later come back and say they hate it. Either give us your true feelings at the time of a discussion or lets replace you with a guy who will. We are wasting precious time and showing unstability by flip floping and revoting on crap we discussed MONTHs ago.

My proposal is to remove the part that each item sent and recieved counts as a item towards your total.

You are now allowed up to 5 trades per season.
    Up to 4 players per deal.
    Up to 10 players MAX per season.

IMO that is too many, but i am willing to meet in the middle to give more flexability on both this and team swaps.

Thoughts, REAL thoughts, please.

2. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

whatever you guys want. I see arguments for both sides, I am on the fence.

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Okay. The trade rules changed a bit since I left and came back. I felt that 4 trades/year was good. I never was a fan of 4 players/trade just from the standpoint of Madden not allowing that in game (3-3 max). 3 players/team/trade was always enough I felt.

I do like the points setup you have now; however, I did NOT like the send/receive portion counting against you. Sending, yes. No problem. Receiving is a bit much as you're getting double punched for doing a trade.

If you want honesty, Nate, here it is: while I did throw an idea out there to look at/debate, I honestly think that your system works. IF you take out the receiving portion of a trade as points against you.

So I'd say 4 trades, 10 points per year, 4 players per deal, and ONLY sent players count as "points" for the purposes of trading.

I'd also add an addendum (hate to beat this drum over and over) that trading of draft picks ONLY do not count as trades for the purposes of our 4 trade limit. Makes wheeling and dealing of draft picks easier to accomplish. OR, if you wish to limit that draft day trading stuff (understandable with all the crap board will be doing), then 4 trades during offseason involving nothing but draft picks on top of 4 player trades. If during the offseason team trades picks/players in same trade, counts as 1 trade for each type (player trades/draft trades) to make it fair on all counts for those who try to fudge around.

Make sense?

4. Big D

Big D Walk On

Let me just say again that I was trying to be a 'good soldier' and keep my mouth shut on this which is why I didn't speak up earlier. I'm not a guy who is going to make big fusses out of stuff just because it affects my team or its what I want. I always try to look at the big picture and what's good for the league.

The reason this came to a head with me yesterday is that AGAIN we have another big merry go round of owner swaps, and everybody was jusy 'Ho hum, ok that all sounds fine and dandy."

Well OK. But as Winuvas stated perfectly in his proposal thread our structure currently encourages you to just swap teams rather than try to build a legacy somewhere. That's not right, and I don't think that's what any 'fantasy' video game league should be about.

Since Nate said to be 100 percent honest above, then I also think we should allow draft pick trading during the season. This is the only way for guys like Bruce to become competitive early if they want.

5. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

I am cool with the new proposal. As far as trading pics during the season I can go either way but I do think it could cause problems if people bail on us after trading away key players for pics.

6. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Your job as a board member is to do the exact opposite. Make your opinion heard as you represent non-board member owners. They might feel the way you do.

This is not a FANTASY league.

Your not serious.

7. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Well the vote, even if changed for draft picks still will not change the outcome becaue it would be tied and I break the tie breaker. That issue is dead in the water for now. Let's please talk about this subject again and make a decision here instead of going around and around this same stinking mountain.