New Rule Request - No scheduling or summary requirements

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big D, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Big D

Big D Walk On

If guys on AIM are going to just sit there and not say anything while I'm trying to enforce a league rule, then so be it.

Looks like nobody cares anymore, and we cannot play favorites with one owner or another.

So my new rule proposal is that we do NOT require any scheudling or game summaries from any of the owners. We simply set an advance date, and if guys dont get their game in then its simmed.

Sounds like this is what the majority wants.

2. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

What are you talking about man? I was sitting in my bedroom enjoying my fiancee's company and was away from the computer. So what the hell are you talking about?

3. Big D

Big D Walk On

Gaddy wants to not be required to post anything for an undetermined amount of time. I was willing to compromise and say no game summaries until he gets a new comp but game scheduling should still be a requirement.

The board members who are there apparently didn't see eye to eye with me and backed up gaddy, saying he shouldn't have to post anything until he gets a computer.

Ok then fine, but we can't selectively enforce our rules. Either we enforce them or not. I highly HIGHLY doubt anybody in this league is busier than I am, as I work two jobs seven days a week for a minimum of 70 hours a week. So if you say gaddy doesn't have to post, then I don't think I should have to either. Simple as that.

4. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

I just said not having a computer is an acceptable reason. I made it more clear just now, he should still at least get with someone to let the rest of the league know when his game is scheduled. I do not agree that he is exempt from that

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Look, there are two players per game every week. If both of them cannot post an update, then yes, we have an issue. But as long as one of them can communicate for both of the owners, what is the issue?

I've posted countless times for my opponent in a scheduling thread when we've had connection/linkup issues. What the hell is the problem with that?

Now if BOTH teams are not posting, yeah, bust both of them. I got no problem with that. But if someone involved in the game is posting, what is the big deal?

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I know I do not have a rules committee vote, but I think just a simple enforcement of the rule would suffice. As long as one of the two owners are updating the scheduling thread with times, then no issues.

7. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I think we should stay on course. Why change a rule like that for an exception of Gaddy. I agree if one guy posts thats cool. As for summaries I don't care if gaddy posts "Pats win 34-7 from his blackberry." I would rather see that than nothing at all.

8. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Ya we aren't changing any thing. Sorry that your upset but the rules stay the same and gaddy can just do what he must until he gets back to normal.

9. Big D

Big D Walk On

That's fine, just realize I am beyond busy so I make use this rule and not post summaries and scheduling for while if I don't have time then.

10. Big D

Big D Walk On

By the way, this isn't me being a boob about this....just if we are bending it for gaddy then you might have to for me as well if things get to hecktic.

11. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

I doubt it. Being busy and not having a pc are two different things my friend. Not sure whats bothering you but this isn't the way to go about fixing it.