new rules posted

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Dec 24, 2009.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

new rules posted

had to add some presnap rules and some play calling rules. please read over the play calling and player movement rules to see the small changes.
    there is also a new fix to the fa rule

we are also discussing another new rule we are discussing for player pre-snap offensive movement.

i hate having to add rules, but the more we play this game the more cheesy crap we will find players doing. guys, even here, will do what the rules allow them too.

i also know that this means my league wont be for a majority of players out there, and that may include some of you and thats fine.

i dont want anyone to leave, but this will be as close to a cheese free league as possible. those that aren't, don't last.

2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I've read and accepted the new rule changes.

Clarification (so I don't get reported): Sometimes I play my MLB and will crowd one of the gaps. Sometimes I come sometimes I back off into coverage (man or zone). Is this accepted? LB's do this in real life, so I'm just wanting to be sure. Also I run a SS blitz which when I 'show' the blitz the SS automatically comes down or close to the LB box. On this particular play the nose tackle falls into a zone (I control him) maybe 5-7 yards off the line. Is this play legit? Only asking because I run this play alot (maybe 3-4 times a game) and it may seem like cheese to some.

Thanks for your time.

3. natedawg212000

thats all within our rules and imo not cheesy. we have just had some cheese reports lately and ive seen some myself. i hate having more rules, but we have to keep some of these guys from doing whatever they want.

we are re-discussing 2 of these rules and may tweak them more.

4. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Salutations,

League rule states you can move your LB in a gap but he CANNOT get in the gap.ie, between the DT and DE. Your LB must remain off of the line of scrimmage.

5. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

I dont know why "show blitz" is labeled cheese, i think the bigger problem is everyone playing stupid 2 rush 9 drop zones and then show blitz, that way the LBs and Safetys cover passing lanes when going to the respective zone position.. I mix it up on defense until i see if my opponent is going to be a zone-aholic, then i incorporate mostly zones on passing down unless there doing a west coast sort of offense.
    Almost everyone good ive played in OMFL has played zone on almost every passing down and i dont blame them, man to man is serverly inadequate to cover even the most low rated WRs becuase of the new thing they did to this years madden, i forget what its called but its a slider and it adjusts the difference between the fastest player and the slowest player. They wanted the Chris Johnsons and the Randy Moss's of the NFL to seem a hellaalot faster than everyone else.

6. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Oh and to anyone facing a opponent doing this "rush 2 drop 9" zone i was talking about, figured out to get any sort of passing game going is to stay in the pocket until the receivers break route, then you can usually find someone open. Becuase they are only rushing two, having a decent line gives you enough time to dance around waiting for the receivers to get open.

7. natedawg212000

we are discussing just having it say mix it up. personally i want it to say 2 times a drive because there are ppl abusing it. i use it maybe 3-4 times a game, maybe. if ppl want to play a single over the top safety then they should be forced to play a 4/6 and not be able to just show blitz all game. the main reason is the reason you stated, which makes it cheese. i dont play zone on passing games. i mix it up, period, the way it should be.

8. savaunte

savaunte Oakland Raiders

I show blitz on any short yardage try, and near the goaline...when im not in goaline defence. Now, sometimes it is a blitz, other times im in zone and other times im in man coverage...it all depends on what i think the other coach is gonna try to run....my d-book doesnt have 46 defense, but maybe I should find one that does...so im not breakin any rules....

9. natedawg212000

i guess my main issue here (and we can discuss it as a league) is ppl are abusing this big time.

10. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

I used show blitz I don't count how many times I use it though because I usually play safety manually so I'm constantly moving down anyway.

11. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

i dont show blitz much at all but I do run zone 95% over man, even if its a different zone. Against weaker opponents a man coverage of some sort may work most of the time with a good rush but zone seems to work best. I dont try to abuse zone but its part of my gameplan like a tampa cover 2.

12. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Ok I just got done playing my game and the individual was on the line OUTSIDE of the defensive end with a corner during a inside blitz. How is that legal but sitting even on the line between the DT and DE illegal? They both have the same effects (CPU missed blocking assignments). Not complaining I just need a little clarification. And I'm not complaining about this person's play style either because I used to run the same play myself.

I understand nano's and all that good stuff but most you need to move multiple positions around.

And I've read the rules, so please no comments like that please.

13. Bluebean

Bluebean Kansas City Chiefs

I've run that play 2 or 3 times a game against all my opponents. In a nickel package, I line up my slot DB on a CB blitz right on the line of scrimmage next to the DE. It's a 5 man blitz and it only works sometimes against people that don't block him, most of the time I get burned. I am sure that's legal, it's a simple play of moving 1 guy up to the line of scrimmage exactly forward of the spot he lines up anyway.

14. Bluebean

Bluebean Kansas City Chiefs

There is really hardly any cheese in this game as far as I'm concerned. The past Madden's used to have WR double pass glitches, the 3 man rush squeeze on the de contain which was unstoppable, the unstoppable goaline runs a couple years ago.. on and on. Playing people in the online lobbies do weird stuff but nothing really to call it cheating now. At least EA cleaned this game up a good bit.

15. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

No I wasn't accusing you of anything cheesey, I just wanted to know the difference between that and moving your linebacker on the LOS between some DT/DE. I run the same play when I have better personel, it's a good sim play. But you were kicking my ass in the passing game so I had to try and leave my LB's in coverage,lol. I just like doing manual 'show blitz' I guess.

And your right nothing is really cheese in this game. Everything can be stopped even nano's(just snap the ball before their setup, lol)

PS- I hope TO ruins your locker room chemistry, lol.

16. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Our rule on player movement:

As long as Bluebean kept the CB out of the LB box and if moved 2 players, he controlled one of them he is within the rules..

Only question I would have would be what do we consider the LB Box.

17. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

DE to DE and about 5 yards off the line of scrimmage is what I understand it to be

18. coachgaddy

He would have to be outside the linebackers shoulder anywhere inside of that and he is in the box.

19. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

Although when you do "show blitz" the SS will sometimes line up to the inside of the DE. In that case should we manually move the SS to the outside of the DE?

20. coachgaddy

We you do show blitz and the cpu bring the LB or safety down that is acceptable.