New SFML Status

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Papa Perry, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

New SFML Status

Guys as of right now we have lost a member and we haven't had any new guys join. I've been given the green light to advertise and I plan to have us start playing games next Monday. Go ahead and start trade talks and look at your free agents you have interest in.

Since the contracts are formula that consists of many things including age, I was gonna let you guys know that the ages I will be using for the contracts are the ones in the game and not on the Madden OF website. The reason is because the ages on the game change during the season and I believe the ones on the site are the age of the players at the end of the current season.

Here is one key thing I need from you guys:
    When I post the salary spreadsheet, download it and make sure the age and overall match. Don't worry about contract length because I have pulled them from the Week 1 rosters that match the OF rosters as far as overalls and ages and roster movements.

If you have any questions/concerns/comments, post here and I will answer anything you may ask. Also, if you have a friend interested in joining they need to join TF just like you did when you joined. And I may need someone to help me out with a few things if you can. Post here if your willing to help.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/277527.page

Here is the link of the system we're gonna be using. I'm changing up some of his stuff because the madden leagues on TF generally don't allow trades with computers and I'm gonna add a couple of trade restrictions. But this is the general idea of the system and you can pull up the excell attachment on this guys post to see how it looks.

Keep in mind this is from an older online franchise roster and they had already made some roster changes in this file. That's what's taking me so long getting it finalized. And for some reason my computer lost all of my Microsoft stuff like Word and Excel so I had to buy it again to continue making changes.

2. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

So are we starting completely over?

Too bad I had the boys like I wanted them - defense starting to look fantastic.... Offense looking great....

3. Papa Perry

Yea I'm sorry to you Nati and other guys that had already made trades to build there teams up. Hopefully some of the new guys could make some new trades with you that will be equal or even better to what you had.

4. Betz

Betz Guest

Titans trying to make some moves...

5. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

GUFFAW!!!!!

6. Papa Perry

New User

Guys I'd like for you to welcome KnighNoles. He is our new Steelers owner.

7. trutest

trutest Walk On

welcome KnighNoles

8. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

yo yo... im goin to have to read up on the free agent, cap and other miscellanous information as this is my first go around with any rules besides sim play in an OF

9. Papa Perry

Go ahead and check them out but I will be posting new ones soon. They won't change much but there will be some additions for sure.

10. Betz

Betz Guest

it seems like this league along with SMFL, and TMFL they all have the same rules for the most part....but whats up with the srambbling of the QB if not under pressure? is this legal?

11. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I was a little confused with the salary cap formulas, but I will probably understand it after I see an equation.

12. Papa Perry

Check first post. I've updated with a link to preview the contract/salary formula.

Post thoughts

13. hurdrs123

hurdrs123 Walk On

Ok tell me if I have this right. When you resign a player you can only do it to a max of 2 years?
    And how does contract length work for free agents?

14. Papa Perry

I'm pulling the old roster file and giving players that are on a team their contract length on that file. As far as free agents, each player has an expected contract length (ECL) that varies depending on age. You can sign them within 2 years more or less than their ECL. If you sign for 1 year more/less than the ECL his Expected Salary is increase 10%. If you sign for 2 years more/less than the ECL his Expected Salary is increased by 20%.

The only time you can sign them for more or less than their ECL is during the season. So when we do our preseason bidding you will be able to offer more salary but not more years. I'm gonna try to get the Free Agents and User teams completed tonight so you guys can start thinking about Free Agents.

Also, is anyone overloaded at a position and wanting to cut some guys? Let me know so I can check your roster.

15. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Ok couple of questions:

1. We can only resign players in their contract year correct?

2. Before the season starts we need to decide which players in their contract years on our roster we are going to sign and who we're going to let go right? We won't be able to resign those players unless we do it after the year, but would have to bid against other owners right? Just like real free agency.

16. Papa Perry

If I missed anything in my response let me know Castor. Those were very good questions man. Below i one thing you had not asked about that I thought about mentioning:

Franchise Tags – This is something very important and used frequently in the NFL. I would like to use this the first season if you guys are willing to try it. Our system will have these requirments:

- All tags are “non-exclusive” meaning another team can bid on that player for their expected salary and expected contract length.
    - The team issuing their offer must give up their own 1st round pick (Therefore if a team does not have their original 1st round pick, they cannot bid on tagged players).
    - Teams may not make an offer on more than one tagged player each off season whether they received the player or not.
    - If a team’s tagged player is bid on they can match it and keep them and the team offering gets their 1st round pick back.
    - If you choose not to match the offer you receive the pick given up by the team.

A lot of things changed from my previous post so there really won't be a whole lot of detail involved and there shouldn't be any problems with this stuff. I still want you guys to speak up though.

Thoughts? Comments? Please Post

17. Papa Perry

As far as on XBL I will be M.I.A. til friday. I've lost the internet completely at my parent's house due to our local DSL providers making cutbacks and we're outside the new ring of coverage. I'm looking into satellite internet but have never dealt with it and have not really heard good things about it at all.

The good news is I'll be able to continue playing because my grandparent's have DSL and I've already moved my router to their house. Plus it's on the way home from work. I've just gotta get my smaller tv from storage and get it moved over to their house so I don't take up the TV in the den. This isn't going to hinder my progress on the spreadsheet because I actually have everything I need without the use of the internet.

Sure enough preseason free agency will be started Monday and maybe we can get 2 or possibly 3 weeks of games in before Thanksgiving. It's really important to me that we get games in quick as possible before Christmas because I know the holidays will slow some guys down.

18. Papa Perry

Potential 16th User

There is a guy that has asked about joining and will be official as soon as I get his GT, email, and AIM if he has one. He will be joining as the Panthers.

This will make 16 guys which is lower than I really wanted to start with but the show must go on. Some of you have mentioned not wanting to play if we don't get more users. I want more guys involved just like you do and I really am trying hard to get them in just please be patient and it will work out in the end.

I got 5 teams left to do on the spreadsheet. After i do those I will double check every team to make sure everything is right and will post them and the new rules no later than sometime Monday morning. After that is posted users can look at Free Agency and see what kind of cuts/additions they may want to make. I also would like Trade Blocks to get started by then. By Wednesday we will open bidding on any and all FA's.

19. Betz

Betz Guest

yo guys im out....this league doesnt seem to be taking off as quickly as i thought it would...plus with MW2 just released my madden days are limited.....

20. trutest

trutest Walk On

peaceeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

21. Papa Perry

I'm sorry guys. I already feel like I'm letting you guys down but we WILL be ready for starting the preseason stuff monday.

Sending out invites in a few minutes. Password is tradition.

22. Herc

Herc Walk On

Not your fault man. Honestly only reason im still here is cause i see ur trying so ill wait it out a bit and c how it goes. But yeah if we cant get atleast 24 guys in league withing the next few weeks ill prolly backout as well. Hope we get them though as I do want SFML to work.

23. Betz

Betz Guest

i agree with herc....i'll stay as well. you been putting alot of work into this Perry and i wouldnt want to just bail on ya

24. roll2tide

roll2tide Walk On

sorry guys, had to drop.

25. Papa Perry

Sorry to hear. Alright here's the deal. I'm about to head to my house to do one last sweep on the spreadsheet. As soon as I get to work in the morning (which is usually around 6:30 am central), I'll hop online and post the FA's. We will open bidding as soon as it is posted and the bidding rules and deadlines will be posted along with the FA's.

Here's how we are going to to do the rosters: I'm going to post a roster with the respective teams name and then you will post any movements you do o want to do (Cuts, FA pick-ups, trades, draft picks)

Any questions?

And does everyone have a way to view an excel document?