New Shake N Bake Dynasty Setup Poll #2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by LeGeNd RiPs, Dec 1, 2013.

?

Which setup would you be MOST interested in having?

Poll closed Dec 1, 2013.
  1. 1 conference AAC Coach Carousel

33.3%
  2. 1 conference SEC No CC

16.7%
  3. 1 star Open Dynasty Coach Carousel

50.0%
  1. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

2. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Voted!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I voted AAC but please note idk if all even partake.

4. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. IrishBearcat

6. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

If y'all start this week, I'll join up when you start and be on auto until December 11th (got three big exams coming up these next two week that I can't fuck up).

7. IrishBearcat

Looks like option 3 wins?

• Like Like x 2
  8. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Just my honest opinion on the Coach Carousel

The feature on paper sounds awesome. My buddies and I (7 users in total) did a CC Dynasty for NCAA 12. Things were awesome. We were all WAC and MWC teams. Best team a user had was Fresno St (which was an awesome team but the rest was garbage) and it was highly enjoyable for the first two seasons. We put a restriction that the first year you had to stay at a job. At the end of Season 2, some users got job offers while others who were average (.500 or less) did not. Myself (UTSA), another friend (San Jose St), and the Fresno St guy were the only ones to get offers better than our original condition. I was offered Baylor and took it. San Jose guy was offered LSU and took it (was a 5 star team might i add), and Fresno St was offered Oklahoma (another 5 star) but he declined because he didn't like the CC idea to begin with. Well we played two more seasons and it became dull and unappealing for the users who were not offered a job. They were stuck at 2 or 3 star schools while 2 users had 4+ star users. They felt the jump was beyond unfair. So we had 4-5 users unhappy for a season. We told them to wait till the next offseason and another bunch would be offered. Unfortunately only one other guy was offered. A Texas St coach was offered to go to Florida and took it (4 star at the time). Needless to say, the other 4 guys lost interest instantly and it died out.

I love the CC idea but we need 100% committed users and maybe a Star limit on a team to choose (cannot go to a school 2+ stars greater than your current situation or something along those lines maybe). I think at TSO, it's a better atmosphere to try this than with casual buddies playing together but my buddies were a bit close to TSO status minus the site affiliation. Just something to keep in mind.

• Like Like x 1
  9. LeGeNd RiPs

IrishBearcat

Papa Perry

fuzzyl0gic

Kasper

matthew34brown

-Balla-

qclassic 22

mboda

Kaizer2310

Da Rat

dakota7

UofCWildcat

Alright guys. Looks like option 3 wins. I like the feedback from UofC. I'll put something together sometime tomorrow(probably after 6est.) and we'll get our team draft started. Really excited about this guys and, like UofC said, we need everyone to be 100% committed to this thing for it to work. No bitching out if you don't get/get a shit offer. Let's make this thing fun guys!

10. IrishBearcat

I definitely think restrictions need to be applied. CC = realistic coaching scenarios. It's definitely not a candy-ass situation with you getting things handed to you. You could NEVER get a promotion if you don't play well enough. Additionally, you are also playing to simply KEEP your job. That's the reason you use CC, realistic hiring/firing and having to work for everything owed to you.

Imagine yourself 4-8 for the fourth consecutive season. You are stuck all by yourself in the MAC and everyone else has taken a job in BCS conferences. Really imagine this. Do you feel like you wanna quit? Will this not be okay with you?

I'm the type of person when I struggle it makes me enjoy it in a sense. I know the prize will taste 10x sweeter when I reach my goal, but I still know that may never happen if I don't produce. Just some perspective. This isn't a merry-go-round fellas; this is cold, hard, CFB coaching.

I do think we should restrict initial 1 stars teams in 1-2 conferences, and restrict jobs you can accept to 1-2 conferences. If you get fired from the initial conferences. Maybe we could do some control of firing so people are totally screwed and left on a island. Maybe you can keep your job or pick any 1 star school in the initial 1-2 conferences or something.

My personal worries are getting to situations where we all all spread out and playing 1-2 user games a season and others not remembering the NEGATIVE side of CC. /Rant

11. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I disagree with this. If anything I would say restrict the starting 1 stars to non-AQ teams (This would be Washington State and any team in the AAC or future AAC if we're doing the future movements in year 1). The job restrictions sound fun once the first 8-10 get a job in those designated conferences but what happens when those last few guys don't get offers? This was a problem I had with some buddies and I in a C-USA OD where we could only move to the SEC. Only half of us got offers to SEC schools in 5-6 seasons then it died.

12. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I prefer to use the coaching carousel the way it's intended in the game. No restrictions.

13. IrishBearcat

These are some good points. My opinion is only one, but I'm glad those who are actually experienced are chiming in and giving us better perspective.

14. matthew34brown

matthew34brown Walk On

Draft!!!!!!!

15. -Balla-

-Balla- Walk On

Looks like 1 star open dynasty it is!!!

Please customize the schedule and put user games on there!!

When is draft going to be?

16. -Balla-

-Balla- Walk On

And just my 2 cents, I don't think we should have restrictions put on how high we can jump. Say a guy takes Texas State to a 12-1 record and gets a big time offer. He shouldn't be penalized for having a good year. That type of stuff happens in real life.

17. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

How often does a team hire a dude from a shit school to a job like LSU? The Northern Illinois guy who went 13-1 (lost to FSU BAD in the Orange Bowl) got offered to NC State before the bowl and took it. That's not a major improvement. When's the last time a MAC level school took a top 30 job?

18. IrishBearcat

Seems like half are for a complete unrestricted free for all and some want some boundaries.

Anyone have any experience in an OD where CC worked and the league was long lasting? I have not personally.

19. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Why must I e teased with this... Hmmm.

20. LeGeNd RiPs

I'm fine with the no restrictions if that's the consensus. I think it could work. We'll go the first season with a completely open draft (1 stars) and then we'll see what offers are given and take it from there.

21. -Balla-

-Balla- Walk On

As long as the jump is realistic I don't see what is wrong with it.

22. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

That's what I'm saying. We need to be realistic

23. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Didn't Jim Tressel go from Youngstown State to Ohio State?

24. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Was that the last time it happened?

25. -Balla-

-Balla- Walk On

Exactly.

For someone to say cut and dried what is realistic and what isn't, is a joke.

I think the best thing would be to have the league vote on them. That way the input is from 12 users. And won't have someone going 2-11 and getting a job offer upgrade

• Like Like x 1