New Site Logins

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Archie Griffin, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

New Site Logins

Hey guys,

I have created logins for a number of you, and I thought I'd go ahead and set up the rest. Once that is done, I want to get you guys up to speed on how the site works. It's similar to the blogs we're using now, but just slightly more intricate - there are a few things I need to show you so your stuff gets categorized how we want it to, and there are a couple of things guys should know about adding pics - but it's something we could get through in just a few minutes. I'm working on a "how-to" guide right now, and I hope to have something before much longer. Then, I'll go league by league, and give logins to the other guys. Once all this is done, we can start our preseason hype, or, the guys who want to can.

Look for your logins today or tonight, if you don't already have one.

AG

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

What kind of a sick, twisted, freak would force a UofM man to login to a site with a password of "osurules"???!?!?!?!?!

That's just wrong!

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Just for that, I'll make sure that you feel the wrath of Forcier soon enough!

On a side note, I hope like hell they redid the pronunciation of his name in NCAA '10. I couldn't wait to use him so I put him into NCAA '09 and Nessler pronounces his name like "Four-sear" instead of "Four-See-A". Tate doesn't care one way or the other, but he pronounces it as "Four-See-A" and that sounds so much better.

I had to deal with terrible pronunciation of a Michigan QB in '09, I don't want to have to deal with it in '10 too! In '09, Ryan Mallett's name was all jacked up. Nessler put a ton of emphasis on his name and it sounded really out of place. Every play by play would sound like this:

"And there's the snap. MALLETT drops back. He's looking down field. MALLETT fires a long bomb. Touchdown for Michigan off of the bomb by MALLETT.

Now, if I have to go through 4 years of hearing about "Foursear" running/throwing all over the place, it'll drive me nuts!

4. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

If that's wrong, I don't wanna be right :D

5. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Keepin' it 1hunnah.

Featured Threads:
    You wouldn't have to worry about it, since RRod ran MALLET all the way to Arkansas.

6. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

My password for all three of you would be: thebig10blowsbutsodoesnotredamesoicantreallytalk

:D

7. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

AG / anyone - I put an article in the website (saved as draft), but I'm having trouble with the formatting, particularly the spacing. When I flip over to html, it's an absolute mess. Any ideas on how to clean it up?

I'm guessing it stems from trying to copy/paste over from my blog. Probably kept some formatting in there that wordpress doesn't like.

8. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I've had the occasional issue pasting from Word, also. I'll give it a look.

And guys, drop a comment here and there on the site, especially when new guys post stuff. If they know it's getting read, they'll keep up.

Thanks,

AG

9. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I looked at the post, and for some reason, blogger seems to put in a lot of unnecessary code. I'm completely a do-it-youselfer when it come to geek skills, though. The unnecessary code seemed to have these tags all over it - {div} and {/div}.

I know it's a failry simple code and has it's uses, but removing all of it seems to clean up the communication error between blogger and WP. I took out a couple pics I could't make fit, added a line of text (just to push a pic down the page a tad, so it didn't look out of place) and posted the preview.

Hope the fix is close enough.

AG

10. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

AG I blogged but I am not sure it ended up where I wanted it.. Can you take a look when you get a minute and let me know?

11. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

No problem.