New Sliders and Settings

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Aug 2, 2009.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

New Sliders and Settings

Just finished my week 4 game vs UK. I posted all the stats in the game summaries if you want to take a look.

Here's my thoughts:

I like the adjustments, the CPU actually put up a fight and made me think a little bit.

The CPU is still generating too much of a pass rush. Maybe we could turn up user PB a little.

The pass coverage was almost too good. Maybe turning that down a tick could help.

I had much more success running the ball than usual.

The increase in run blocking has a horrible effect on special teams. Maybe you guys notice it too. On kickoffs, the CPU dominates my guys w/pancakes.

If you check my stats, I ran for 279 yds, however I didn't rack up 1 pancake block. Something's wrong with that.

Lastly, I noticed there was only approx 85 plays in the game. That's pretty low. Anyone think going to 7 min quarters would be OK? Just a thought.

2. lilmaggie

lilmaggie Rocky Top Tennessee

7 min. Quarters is perfect. I was thinking the same thing.

3. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

awesome. I noticed in the OFFL league I'm in where they're using similar sliders to ours, that we've had huge issues with the running game being too easy. We should probably consider some changes to tone that down a little. I think they've gone to 55 RBA and 50 R BLK.

4. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Running game was alot easier this time with new sliders, almost 300 yds vs User. First game vs User barely had a 100 yd. I know it will be hard to find the perfect slider, but something in between would be nice.

Kick returns were noticably easier as well.

5. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

That game was about as "sim" as a game of Tecmo Bowl. The default sliders are more realistic than what they are right now.

6. lilmaggie

User vs. User games are played with default sliders. Nothing we can do about the gameplay in user vs. user games.

7. JRC 3

JRC 3 Guest

shouldn't we have a say in the 7 minute quarters? It is way to long.

8. lilmaggie

I haven't touched the sliders in 2 weeks now. So what do you guys think. I think they are close but the CPU defense still seems a little weak. And the Cpu running game is weak. But I will not change anything unless I get an outpouring of input from you guys. Until further notice we will stay where we are at.
    7 min. quarters were implemented to get the game closer to SIM style play numbers in a game. It is long but it makes it more realistic. I don't think that an extra 4 min. per game is gonna hurt guys a lot.