New Sliders

Discussion in 'Freshmen Phenoms' started by Brandon S., Aug 12, 2013.

1. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

As of Week 12 we have had some crazy offensive numbers and will be testing out new sliders to make offense more difficult and hopefully bring some teams back down to earth. These will not be in effect until Week 13.

Game Play Sliders: User/CPU

QB Accuracy: 5/5
    Pass Blocking: 15/35
    WR Catching: 40/40
    RB Ability: 50/50
    Run Blocking: 0/35
    Pass Coverage: 70/85
    Interception: 35/45
    Rush Defense: 55/100
    Tackling: 55/55

Special Teams

FG Power: 40/45
    FG Accuracy: 25/50
    Punt Power: 30/30
    Punt Accuracy: 60/60
    Kickoff Power: 10/30

Please let me know the feedback on your cpu games online, I have tested these offline and i like them a lot but online sliders appear to work differently.

2. TN_Mike

TN_Mike Walk On

I think we also need to keep in mind that different teams are going to play better / worse based on their coaching skill. For instance, several of the users have noticed that Virginia Tech is near unstoppable. I believe this has to do with the fact that Frank Beamer has as much coaching XP as just about any head coach when the game begins. That has to factor in on how teams play and why some teams are tougher to beat.

3. Brandon S.

I dont care about the users beating CPU teams, i care mostly with the stats of the players. Offensive stats are padded, and its not entirely the users fault.

But i do see your reasoning and the logic in that.

4. Brandon S.

5. TN_Mike

TN_Mike Walk On

Totally. I just want people to be aware when a certain team stuffs their run up the middle or stops them cold at a certain point in a game, could be contributed to coach's XP and they should totally judge the sliders.

6. Brandon S.

Yeah im adjusting the sliders off of the 12 weeks of gameplay, not just against 1 team. We have some stacked offensive numbers and that has to do with the game being ridiculously 1 sided offensively.

7. Brandon S.

Slider Stats.PNG Slider Stats2.PNG

Last season when these 2 teams played they ended up with slightly similar stats. We strive for realism at TSO and these sliders make the games much more realistic.
    Real Stats.PNG

I didnt feel it was impossible to play defense and my offense only seemed unstoppable at certain points. Considering the 78 rated defense vs the 85 Off it should be that way though.

What are yalls thoughts on these new sliders?

GDip
    -Cougars-
    TN_Mike
    D.Earl
    Patster7
    Memphis Blue
    Cole Springer
    NiceToMeetJew
    Da Rat

8. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I ran for 427 yards. But the defense was able to force 4 turnovers, I didn't exactly dominate this game at all. It was a good game.

9. Patster7

Patster7 CARDSTRONG

Defense was alot better, great game personally. I really enjoyed the new sliders alot more.