New Sliders

Discussion in 'Freshmen Phenoms' started by TN_Mike, Aug 27, 2013.

1. TN_Mike

TN_Mike Walk On

Is there anyway we can vote on these new sliders? I was going to stop bitching but others have said the same thing as me. Slant passes are being thrown into the ground in games. Wide open targets missed by 10 yards, etc.

Brandon S.
    D.Earl
    Patster7
    Memphis Blue
    NiceToMeetJew
    Da Rat
    Mcwoods06

2. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

Passing Stats.PNG

Hackenburg was 17/28 which is 61% completion % with 235 yards. That is what we are aiming for with these sliders, stats like PSU. You were 7/17 with a true freshman QB, what do you expect? Dont try to throw the ball so far everytime. There are Hot and Cold streaks in this game, so your QB will be on fire or he will miss everything. Im sorry you cant throw for 5000 yards and have 2000 receiving yards but if i am given the choice between having a league that is too easy or too hard im choosing the latter. Think about the factors that play into your game. Playing vs PSU in a game that is probably nationally televised can shake your QB.

The average yards per completion in the NCAA is below 10 yards, so dont throw it 10-15 yards every play and you'll be surprised how accurate your QB is after you get him in a rhythm.

Pass stats1.PNG

As you can see it isnt impossible to throw the ball. You have to get your QB in a rhythm with short passes before trying anything 10+ yards. Just like in real life.

With this being said, i'll bump up the sliders by 5 and see what that does. Either way, let it be known that i would prefer teams to lose to CPU, i prefer teams to throw 250 yards and not 450 yards, and i dont want to see ridiculous stats so if i have to adjust sliders to make that happen then so be it.

3. TN_Mike

TN_Mike Walk On

My QB Kelly is a Junior, I have to sub in a non freshmen to complete a pass that's longer then 5 yards down the field. Penn State was only able to throw because I had to put 8-9 guys in the box to stop his crazy good running game. The running game is unstoppable and the passing game is a joke now.

4. Da Rat

Da Rat Walk On

mike one thing i have noticed is that you cannot lead the pass like you can in the regular mode. you have to throw the pass while standing still and you cannot direct the pass with the joystick. throwing is frustrating but ultimately i think it will be for the better (even though you and I, being pass heavy teams, are probably the most hurt by the new sliders, but like brandon said running is as low as it can be)

5. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

The running game isnt unstoppable and the passing game isnt a joke. I dont have separate sliders that i only play on, i play on the same sliders as you guys and i can stop the run and throw the ball well. You're basing your judgments off of a small sample size of only 3 games. There are hot and cold streaks in this game. Also, you have played a very tough schedule too. You're playing against teams that SHOULD give you a challenge.

Yes running can not get any lower but the lead passing will work if your QB is in a rhythm. I have used lead passing several times but not EVERY time. You probably can not accurately lead a WR to start the game.