New Sliders ...

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

New Sliders ...

... go into effect this advance. If you haven't, you might want to try them offline. Our running game has become significantly more difficult, and our tackling has become better, but all in all, I think it's a much more realistic experience.

Just don't wanna catch anyone by surprise.

2. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

no way i go undefeated. these sliders are gonna be a bitch. love em.

3. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

So far, they seem to be the set that plays the fairest game. I'm not interested in predetermining the outcome, but it seems to me that anyone can win or get beat on almost any day. That's what I'm after. Now, I don't necessarily want those wins and losses determined by fluke fumbles and such, but so far, we seem to be getting punished for our mistakes, which is what I do want.

Now, it might be that some of the slower developing plays are getting stuffed with more regularity, but I think we can counter this by checking out of plays that look like bad ideas before the snap. My whole offense is built on taking what the defense gives me. If I execute, I win. If I don't, monk wins. (see you next year, you &^%$#). :monkeybutt:

4. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

We've had a few games with these now. What do we think?

I've been thinking about a couple of slight changes:

1. Kicking seems to be just a bit too tough. I missed a straight 28 yarder against Illinois, and the indicator said I was straight. I was thinking a five point bump to accuracy. Any objections?

2. CPU is jumping a lot of snaps, and we can't counter this with a fake snap without being called for it. (false start slider is set at 100) Anyone have an idea about a setting that might allow us to draw them once or twice a game when they get all aggressive?

MY opinion = the CPU run game is about right, their passing game is overpowered, but should probably stay put to compensate for the huge points we have been capable of putting up.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

5. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

dont know if an abberation, but i just had like 6 facemasking penalties called on the cpu.

6. mbmonk

mbmonk Walk On

LMFAO! You still haven't let that loss go yet :HoosierHoo:

Next year is the game in Miami instead of the horse shoe :)?

7. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Should be. And if it isn't, I'll make it so.

And I never let a loss go. Never ever ever ever ever. That's four evers and a never.