New Sliders

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Cimmy24, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

How are they feeling?

I don't want things to be super easy, I want you guys to be challenged and play smart football in order to win, but I don't want easy teams to be beating us handily.

2. Christian Lentz

Christian Lentz Walk On

Cimmy I liked the challenge. OU gave that game to me. I do think
    The CPU pass rush was barely over powered. Step in the right direction. The CPU passing game was a wreck too.

3. voltool16

voltool16 Walk On

drops are getting ridiculous for me. i have had a lot so far, and my number one wide receiver with the best hand ratings is the culprit most of the time. its not that im leading him into coverage or anything, if he gets touched at all he will drop it every time. also in my game with bamagrad, he can attest to this, i had terrible drops. 2 of them on my late 4th down attempts in the 4th quarter to wide open receivers who just drop it. this has been a problem for me in online and offline play vs user and cpu. i have turned my catching to conservative and still get the same results. again, im not just throwing slants and getting my guys killed over the middle. im talking about wide open receivers.

4. voltool16

voltool16 Walk On

other than that, everything has played fine. penalties actually happen and computer was challenging in the first quarter for my memphis game then talent just took over. my other two games have been user games so i cant give any other input than that

5. Daplaymaker

Daplaymaker Walk On

about to play my game now, will let u know.

6. thebouncer24

thebouncer24 Cheese Like MG

Wyoming playing unreal don't know if they good or sliders too hard but this is unreal

7. thebouncer24

Scratch that.. must have been playing dumb football at start

8. Gibby289

Gibby289 Walk On

Honestly the CPU has been kicking my ass lol and in my other league as OSU im doing well these sliders have legit pooped on me

9. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Consensus seems to be you don't like them when you lose, but fine when you win?

10. thebouncer24

For me it was just that Wyoming (shitty team) was making some insane interceptions and my WR's were dropping everything. Maybe it was bad choices but there were some one handed int's from Wyoming LB's but it was a good challenge.

11. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Last night I played VT in Blacksburg, it was tough, as it should be, but I changed the gameplan around and it got better.

12. Gibby289

Gibby289 Walk On

not that at all im just getting beat by crap teams that i know i shouldn't be losing to... idc to lose if it is legit but i feel like throwing 7 picks is a bit unrealistic... especially when im the same team in another od where the stats seem to be a bit more realistic... just imo

13. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

I feel like these settings make you play smarter instead of forcing passes, throw them away.

14. thebouncer24

I agree. It makes you earn wins and hurts you when you make bad choices.

15. Gibby289

Gibby289 Walk On

can we post a page with all the sliders and penalties and all that so i can use it for a n offline dynasty please

16. voltool16

voltool16 Walk On

im throwing a ton of picks to wide open receivers. it is getting absolutely ridiculous. i get punished for damn near every smart decision i make in this game. 7f percent of my picks have been thrown to wide open receivers and are either thrown way out of position or i get nailed by psychic ai. this game on Heisman doesnt do anything but make the computer superhuman. it doesnt beef up their strategy at all or level of difficulty....it just gives the cpu the ability to make plays when they are beat or completely out of position. i am going to continue to have 2-3 int's per game when i play the cpu. i watch the replay of every single int i throw and im disgusted on most of them. Heisman level punishes you for making proper reads and correct throws all the time. i know we had another user with something like 7 picks earlier this year and i just threw 6 to bama, 4 of them being off the wall plays by cpu players or terrible off target while pl;anted throws to wide open receivers. one was a deep battle i lost the battle for and only one of the 6 was a terrible decision where i didnt check off cover 2 on a quick out. out of 6 picks, only one of them was a bad throw and the other just a good play buy a defender. 4 of them were absolute bs plays. im going to start savign only those replays so you guys can see what im dealing with. i know we all are and ive played Heisman level for 12 years. it seems to be the worse it has ever been this year.

so id be all for a bump to human qb acc or cpu int lowered.

17. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

We are doing more research in SH for sliders and guys are doing exactly that, saving highlights to evaluate. Do so and we'll correlate the two.

18. voltool16

voltool16 Walk On

Cool. i didnt want to waste highlight slots to save them but i will now. some of them are just ridiculous. i almost saved 2 form the last game but was just so displeased with the amount of bs i just exited game and turned off ps3 for the day.

it was one of those games where you actually feel the cpu screwing you. idk how to play this game sometimes because te cpu ai actually PUNISHES you for doing things the right way. if i wanted to, even on heisman, i can cheat back and run money plays and nanos. thats not how i play though.

i just find that sometimes the only way to compete in heisman is to abuse things. you have to realize at some point during the game....well....they obviously wont let me run or throw deep so i am going to run screens all day....only problem is being one dimensional will get you in trouble....even if it is the only things the cpu ai isnt screwing you on.

i couldve found a way to beat bama, but it wouldnt have been fun and i dont care about records, i just want a chance to play 3 to 4 user games per year. my defense literally did not make one stop all day....and this is the same with the uga game i played. uga played out of this world but luckily i found holes in their d.

19. mikedredd

mikedredd Crop Life

I am actually kinda okay on the human offensive side slider-wise, the LB's still jump way to frickin high and the DB's run routes faster than my WR's...to me the biggest problem is the cpu offense is ridiculous! I was going 15 play 5 minute drives to have the cpu come right back with a 3 play 40 second drive, and I know I am not the best guy on the sticks, but damn! I don't wanna have to play aggressive jump the snap, play the pass, aggressive interceptions, just to stop the CPU. I should be able to run balanced on everything and compete. I could see against Andrew Luck and getting picked apart, but the QB is just in the pocket for like 4 seconds just waiting and waiting. The reason I say I am kinda okay is look at the scores, we are complaining but putting up 40. Its just with the CPU offense so good the game feels like an arcade game. That is why a lot of games are close but are like I think I seen 51-48.

I am thinking the biggest thing is time in the pocket maybe a shade more for us and a considerable amount less for the cpu. I am seeing too many plays where 3 DL obliterate my OL and are in my face BEFORE my 90 overall WR can run a 4 yard in route. The running game I feel on offense is in our favor but just a little, while on defense it seems the cpu running game is about right. CPU WR break a lot of tackles though it could just be I miss a lot of tackles trying to get a big hit.

I like the game to be challenging but like Voltool I wanna feel challenged without feeling like I am getting screwed. I should only yell out BULLLSSHHIIIT!!! once or twice a game not every other play. IMHO.......

After all of that whatever is done is done or will be done and I am here regardless.