New Staff in Atlanta

Discussion in '1st and 10' started by broth262, Oct 27, 2014.

1. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    Atlanta, GA- After being hired midseason to take over a winless Falcons team, we got see the potential that coach Broth has as his team was the only one to knockoff the Super Bowl Champion Browns. Despite that impressive performance and his tutelage the Falcons still finished the season 1-15. This offseason Coach Broth cleaned house and brought in an entirely new staff. "I came in midseason and you want to work with what you have. Changing head coaches is difficult enough, but we needed some continuity, its a little easier to do in the offseason."

In this theme the Atlanta Falcons have hired coach Brian Stewart to take over the defensive coordinator responsibilities. Coach Stewart has been the defensive coordinator at the University of Maryland for the past couple of seasons, but had previously been the Defensive Coordinator for the Dallas Cowboys under Head Coach Wade Phillips. Stewart brings with him an attacking 3-4 defense, and the Falcons have already taken steps in that direction in the draft.

Offensively the Falcons reached down into the NCAA ranks and hired Wazzou head coach Mike Leach. Leach is known for popularizing the Air Raid offense at Texas Tech, and he brought that with him also to Washington State. Expect the Falcons to really open it up through the air this year with their talented receiving corps of Julio Jones, Trae Landry, Harry Douglas. There could also be a nice QB battle between Rookies Bates and Cabrera and incumbent starter Matt Ryan.

Coach Broth had this to say: "We want to bring back the Dirty Birds. This team needs some swagger. We have the pieces to win here, our players just need to get some confidence back after last season. No position is safe, including QB. I want these guys fighting from day 1 for PT. I expect us to put up a lot points this year, and to get a lot of turnovers. We plan on bringing lots of swagger to the ATL"

• Awesome Content Awesome Content x 2
  2. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Trae who?