New Stickies

Discussion in '4th Horseman' started by Wyrmreaver, May 22, 2012.

1. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Hey guys, you'll see some new sticky threads popping up, these are all geared toward getting the forum ready for '13.

If you have input, if I miss something, if you think something should look different, or whatever, hit me with a PM or in this thread, I'll likely lock the others just to keep it all clean

2. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

I think you should add an exception where if a player was recruited at that position, then the restrictions don't apply. Because even with the changes EA will make, there will be say DE's of sub 250, etc.

3. Wyrmreaver

So, you mean if you recruit an OLB who weighs 195 you want to be able to move him to another LB spot?

4. Baron

Not to MLB, but like back and forth between the ROLB and LOLB spots.

5. Wyrmreaver

Fixed

6. Abominatrix

Abominatrix Walk On

Question:
    Is there a reason we disallow defensive CPBs?

7. Wyrmreaver

Before my time...... We will allow them next season, assuming people don't abuse them

8. papaloke

papaloke Fifty Shades of NCAA

What is CPBs?

9. Wyrmreaver

Custom playbooks

10. Wyrmreaver

My thought fir defensive CPBs is typically this.... if you want to run a multiple look you should include obly 2 different base looks and you shouldnt have more than a +/- 1 for LBs and d-line.

In other words....

3-4/3-3-5 is cool
    4-2-5/3-3-5 is fine
    4-3/4-2-5 great
    4-2-5/3-4 not so much... going from 2 to 4 LBs is too much IMO.

I would also generally say 5-2 or 4-4 inclusion shpuld follow those same guidelines

I'll try and post our rules for '13 within the next few days

11. Abominatrix

Abominatrix Walk On

My Defensive CPB runs two base packages - 4-3 and 3-4 - and I typically recruit so that I can fill out a 4-4 easily (I don't run 4-4, just need the depth to run both base packages). I just like the added versatility of the 3-4 in passing situations, and the ability to increase athleticism on the field without giving up too much beef in running situations. That sound OK?

12. Wyrmreaver

That fits fine into my thoughts...... I'm pretty open to what people want to do if they have a "football reason"

The only caveat to that is that if a particular formation or whatever is blatantly overpowered we may disallow it (like many leagues and the 1-5-5) but to me, running a "multiple D" is sim

13. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

I'm gonna try out my 4-2-5/4-4 next year. Bud Foster it up

14. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

About the motion rule, why is snapping mid motion with a WR not allowed? It has become a major staple in spread offenses and the normal playbooks auto-motion plays are not well utilized and there isn't a very large selection of them.

Also, I move to get rid of any gameplan adjustments, they overall are just terrible and make the game play so much less sim

15. Baron

The reasoning is that the computer has a very difficult time covering it. Sim doesn't just mean realistic or what we see in real life games, it's putting constraints on things to not exploit the AI.

16. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

I have never seen issues with covering motion receivers. maybe back in 09 or so, but in recent games the CPU actually keys motion pretty well

17. Wyrmreaver

I've seen DBs get "stuck" in the LBs..... we'll see how it works, I would be open to...... "you can snap mid-motion if the WR or HB is outside the tackles past where a TE would traditionally line up" as long as the AI isn't broken. The thing I've seen is guys motioning a WR vs zone, snapping with him behind the line and effectively creating another lead blocker.

As for the gameplan adjustments, I am thinking we should test them out and maybe limit/bar some/all of the aggressive settings

18. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

Yeah, I was gonna suggest an outside the Tackles rule, because inside would be kinda cheesy.

19. Wyrmreaver

Fixed it......

20. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

Wyrmreaver, are we gonna go Heisman recruiting? I have really been enjoying it offline

21. Wyrmreaver

I was planning on starting on AA and going from there..... depends on how everyone does year 1

22. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

I've been playing the early release version the past couple of nights and the off-season recruiting has some new pretty cool tweeks. You can scout the players you have on your recruiting board to reveal their grade in different areas (speed, acceleration, etc.)

Also it projects where your team will finish in the standings four years out.

23. Automatik

Automatik Walk On

I'm really excited for the revamped recruiting. And the future projections thing is sweet.
    Also isn't there a mock draft?

24. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I didn't advance past the players leaving part, but it did show projected draft round for guys leaving. I only looked at one squad and no underclassmen were leaving, so I don't know if it does the same thing for those guys or not.

25. Automatik

Automatik Walk On

It may not be a mock draft but atleast it's something lol