New Tackling Mechanic Breakdown

Discussion in 'Madden NFL Football' started by Drifterbub, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:

Sort of shows the different tackling in Madden 15. Also shows the graphical feedback.

• Like Like x 4
  2. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Very nice! Are you able to provide insight on whether the tackle cone can be turned on/off; or is it a mandatory feature in the game? Thx for the insight!

3. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    It can be turned off. I was already used to it after the first day of playing, though.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

So there's nothing really new with the whole tackling system, unless you choose to use the "cone" feature. Correct? They kind of make it sound like it was put in the game for the guy who has never played Madden before. Graphics looking pretty nice though!!

6. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Incorrect.

The conservative tackle is new. LT breaks your player down similar to what it does on defense in FIFA regardless if you turn the cone on or off. Gives you more control over your defender instead of simply pidgeon-bomb tackling all the time. Hit stick and X/square are the same. They are eventually going to free up the hit stick to do other things.

"HIT BUTTON!!!"

• Like Like x 1
  7. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Free up what?

I'm not suggesting you actually have to say if you know what they are working towards but.... I can't even think of what they would do with it?

8. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

The new tackling definitely looks to give us more control on the style of how to attack the ball carrier.
    How does this affect the CPU controlled players? Do they break down like they should, or is it only when a user is in control?
    Also, a big gripe I've had over the years is the lack of AI when it comes to down and distance and how CPU players do not play the correct pursuit angles or depth of coverage that would associate with the scenerio.

For example, a LB that is chasing a running back around the corner should not have the same pursuit angle on a 4th and 1 play as it would on a 4th and 4. The LB can afford to take a less of a direct route with 3 more yards of cushion. Have the "go for broke angles" been fixed by CPU players?

Are you able to comment on that?

To me, those angles were a large part of what made Madden 25 such a headache at times. Gamers would run backwards around the corner and use the speed of the back get around the potential CPU controlled tackler because the pursuit angle was going towards where the RB was going, not where he would end up.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    The angles seemed better when I play tested. I didn't pay specific attention to them, but there wasn't a lot of room to run.

The conservative tackle gives the CPU a big weapon in space. Player swerving is extremely difficult to pull off because the CPU players don't have to necessarily take a step towards you to make a tackle. They simply side-step into your way and bring you down.

• Like Like x 3
  10. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Man, I am gonna blow so many tackles going for the aggressive hit. And I thought hit sticking was bad, they are making it too easy to be greedy.