New Team Threads

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

New Team Threads

OK guys,

Once we do the restart, we'll be looking for new team threads for summaries and recruiting. I'll leave the old ones up for a while so we can grab code or text or whatever.

I think we will be asking for a team recruiting thread in the scouting reports section, and a game summary thread in the summaries section, but what you post is completely up to you. All we ask is that it be updated regularly, even if it's just a sentence or two.

After a few days, I'll start deleting old threads, just to clean things up. Also, look for the forums to change names soon. Things are going to get moving before long. By the looks of the number of people viewing this thread, we're getting a lot of attention, so we should have a full crew here shortly.

Look forward to it.

AG

2. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

However, a team preview would be nice as a first post in the summaries thread. That way, the guys writing the conference previews (I'll be doing the Big Ten) wil have some text to work with.

When the guys doing the Big 12 and Pac Ten get theirs done, you can post them here or send them in a PM. Either is fine.

Go Butler,

AG

3. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Are we going to have the recruiting restrictions in place? Also, when should all of this take effect?

4. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Yes, and soon,

There are some new rules as well. Good time to revisit the rules page and look for the bold print.

The tourney is going, so I'm not asking for anyone to be doing this stuff now. I happen to be in front of my big screen while sitting at my computer, so I'm here.

I expect everyone to be out eating wings and pounding beers, so there's no real rush, but we're looking to move when we can.

AG

5. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

so now recruting A+ speed guys at all? And what about defense? Is the speed restriction on defense as well?

6. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Only for offense. NO A+ speedsters.

7. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

I imagine invites will be sent out this weekend, pre-season stuff can drag out over the tourney if we want it to.

8. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

No restriction on D. You may not, however, recruit a corner and move him to WR, just to get the speed. You also must restrict speed in the kicking game. It's just too big an advantage for us.

AG

9. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

What do you guys think of this breakdown for the first season?

5 or 6 prestige team: 1 5*, 1/2 4*, the remainder 3* and lower.
    Any other prestige team: 2 5*, 1/2 4*, the remainder 3* and lower?

This will give the lower prestige teams one season to have an advantage on the better teams, and from there on out, its strictly performance based like our current system?

Just some thoughts.

10. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I could get down with this. Maybe a new "Year One Recruiting" thread is in order.

11. Larsccw

Larsccw Guest

I'm new here and all, but all these rules on recruiting are very confusing to me.

Are there restrictions on the # of 5 and 4 star players that you can sign?

12. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

Yes, we have recruiting restrictions like you mentioned. It keeps the CPU team relevant and makes putting a good team together more of a challenge.

13. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

It's all in the rules thread. We should all read the rules thread. It's all laid out in detail, including examples of sample classes. Have a look when you get a chance.

AG

14. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Can you commissioners start sending invites out TOMORROW? I am going to be gone from Saturday until Monday night, and I am itching to get started. If you begin and start inviting people, it just sits in the pre-season tasks stage until the commish advances it, right?

I imagine it will take some time to get the scheduling done, to get one more for the Pac-10, and to iron out all the details (recruiting & gameplay rules), but if we could open for business sooner than later, I would appreciate it!

I downloaded the rosters from AG just now and my depth chart is already set in my freakin notebook, as well as the positions I am going to try to recruit. LETS GO!! :)

PS: The Ducks are pretty nasty! Watch out Pac-10/WORLD! ;) :D

15. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Keepin' it 1hunnah.

Featured Threads:
    I plan to do the same tonight.:)

The hard part with USC is keeping the talent level as high as it is.