New Texas Coach

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MexiRican35, Dec 4, 2010.

1. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

Aug 14, 2010
    Coach Mexi will be leaving Columbia for the open coaching spot at the University of Texas. Here are some of Mexi's comments on the move.

Reporter: Why the move to Texas?
    Mexi: Going to school at Texas, as soon as I heard of the vacancy I jumped at the opportunity. This stadium, this team feels comfortable for me. And it keeps me close to home.

Reporter: How do you feel about leaving Missouri?
    Mexi: I'm going to miss it. I talked to the team about the decision, and they understood. That was a great overachieving team there, taking top ranked teams to the wire and just missing out on a big 12 title. QB Franklin is a playmaker, and only a junior, so whoever takes over the reigns has some nice pieces to play with. If we get to play against them, it will be a nice matchup.

Reporter: How was the offseason?
    Mexi: It was hectic. I was rushed to find prospects who hadnt signed and that I wanted. We pulled in some good prospects. Now we just need to get out on the practice field and get my players comfortable with the playbook.

Reporter: What are the expectations on the season?
    Mexi: Having followed this school since I was a kid, I know that the expectations are much greater then at Mizzou. Any loss will be greatly criticized. Everyone here expects wins and a shot at the national championship. My thoughts are the same. We are ranked high enough that if we win out, were in. Its going to be a long season, and I look forward to the challenges that await this team and I.
  2. SodaAddict

SodaAddict Proud Hurt Locker Commish

Jul 13, 2010
    Nice write-up man.
  3. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Oct 16, 2009