New Texas Coach

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MexiRican35, Dec 4, 2010.

1. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

Coach Mexi will be leaving Columbia for the open coaching spot at the University of Texas. Here are some of Mexi's comments on the move.

Reporter: Why the move to Texas?
    Mexi: Going to school at Texas, as soon as I heard of the vacancy I jumped at the opportunity. This stadium, this team feels comfortable for me. And it keeps me close to home.

Reporter: How do you feel about leaving Missouri?
    Mexi: I'm going to miss it. I talked to the team about the decision, and they understood. That was a great overachieving team there, taking top ranked teams to the wire and just missing out on a big 12 title. QB Franklin is a playmaker, and only a junior, so whoever takes over the reigns has some nice pieces to play with. If we get to play against them, it will be a nice matchup.

Reporter: How was the offseason?
    Mexi: It was hectic. I was rushed to find prospects who hadnt signed and that I wanted. We pulled in some good prospects. Now we just need to get out on the practice field and get my players comfortable with the playbook.

Reporter: What are the expectations on the season?
    Mexi: Having followed this school since I was a kid, I know that the expectations are much greater then at Mizzou. Any loss will be greatly criticized. Everyone here expects wins and a shot at the national championship. My thoughts are the same. We are ranked high enough that if we win out, were in. Its going to be a long season, and I look forward to the challenges that await this team and I.

2. SodaAddict

SodaAddict Proud Hurt Locker Commish

Nice write-up man.

3. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Ditto..