New things for Season 5 (all read)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Jan 7, 2010.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

New things for Season 5 (all read)

There's quite a few things that I'd like to adjust going into Season 5..

1. Writing summaries of your game in the weekly thread.
    -You are no longer required (you can still have one) to hold your own thread in the "game summaries" sub forum. You are, however, expected to give a brief summary of how your game went in the weekly threads. That means giving the box score with a line or two, just copying and pasting the one you wrote in your individual thread, etc.

^^^ #1 is the most important!

2. Season Previews.
    -The season has already kicked off, but I'd like everyone to do a season preview of their team. Offense, defense, recruiting, etc..make it look good, and post it in this thread.

3. Extra 4 and 5 star scholarships.
    -I'm talking about the system we already have. Right now, the most anyone could have is 3, and that is if they won the NC, conference, and made all their user games...I want to add more to that. I think 5-6 5stars would be a good max, and I'll also be adding a little on to the 4 star. The achievements you make this season will effect your recruiting classes NEXT season.

I want it to be this:
    []Win the BCS National Championship = recruit 2 additional 5 star players
    []Win a BCS Bowl Game (Rose, Sugar, Fiesta, Orange) = recruit an additional 5 star player
    []Win a Conference Championship = recruit an additional 5 star player
    []No rule violations (recruiting or otherwise) = recruit an additional 5 star player

[]Win 10 games = recruit 2 additional 4 star player
    []Finish Season AP Top 25 = recruit an additional 4 star player
    []Win a bowl game = recruit an additional 4 star player
    []Show up for all member vs. member games = recruit an additional 4 star player

^^^ I like them, and think they make sense. I also wanted to put more of an emphasis on "no rule violations".

4. Switching Schools/Conferences
    -I propose that we try to just stick to the 4 conferences we are in now. It's too jumbled up! :D Big Ten, Big 12, PAC 10, SEC. Also, I am now opening up the oppurtunity to stick with your school, and change conferences if the computer offers it. However, you must wait 3 seasons since the arrival of a user in that conference in order to give them time to get set up and there isn't a huge advantage. So, Rip is Auburn and this is his first year. At the beginning of Season 8 UCF would be able to switch conferences if the computer offered it when I take it offline. So the earlies this will happen is Year 7.

That's all. Post your season previews here.

2. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Texas Tech Season Preview

Texas Tech starts off the 2013 season poised to make a run for the Big 12 South. They have the play-makers on both sides of the ball, and a new head coach who has worked wonders at a down-trodden program. Coach Max, fresh off a 13 win season and Fiesta Bowl victory over a top-10 Alabama squad, now has the reigns at Tech and has his eyes set on championships. Some have questioned the hire as the new head coach and Texas Tech seem to have completely different offensive philosophies, but Coach Max answered those questions in a press conference by saying "I was hired to be a head coach, not offensive coordinator ...I will say this though, when we do run the ball, teams better be ready. I'll have my hand in every facet of the offense, but it will maintain an "Air-Raid" like feel".
    What many people arent talking about is Texas Tech's defense, which could turn out to be one of the best units Coach Max has ever worked with. With Senior leadership at almost every position, and freak athletes throughout, this Red Raider defense looks to make a lot of noise in the Big12 this season.

Players to watch:
    Offense-
    (RS)Junior QB Kellen Harris (6'0 192lb 88OVR)
    (RS)Senior WR Eric Ward (5'11 197lb 89OVR)
    Freshman WR Cheech Charles (6'3 175lb 75OVR)

Defense-
    (RS)Senior LOLB Dion Chidozie (6'2 222lb 94OVR)
    Senior FS William Robinson (6'5 214lb 91OVR)
    (RS)Junior CB Chris Moore (5'11 189lb 88OVR)
    (RS)Sophomore CB Jacob Outlaw (6'0 187lb 86OVR)

3. Highyella

Highyella Walk On

Akron Zips 2013

After a very successful 2012,the Zips look to replicate what they did last season.There will be some new faces all over the feild.Starting off on offense with the departure of Wackerly our all conference QB(he shouldve been all american but the voters hate!) Will be replaced by True Fresh J Johnson.The offense is his, so dont epect a change here the season will come along depending on his play.Replacing our only all american D Torrence will be his backup T Humphrey who ended the season last year with a complete MCL tear,Will he stay healthy? we hope so, as we will probably be leaning on the running game alot more this year.4 outta 5 of our Olinemen will be back this year..hopefully they improved enough.Our starting 3 Wrs will be returing this year.

On the defensive side of the ball we have a new comer@ CB 2 new starters,Last seasons Nickleback J houser will be taking over the number 1 slot and Jr CB C.Brewer fresh out of Junnior college will be the number 2.second year CB H.Murphy just missed the number 2 slot by a inch,he will however be our main nickle and depending on the first two corners play, switch in and out. We have an Old Face at a new posiition B.Mclntosh will be our new ILB after not being able to find suitable talent recruiting, he was moved from DT to MLB.Our new OLB True Fresh J Smith will be starting this year after losing our Starting OLB to the draft/Graduation.

This season looks kinda bleak because the offense lost almost 60tds in total last year to the draft but we will see where we stand amongst the elite in College football by season end.All in all the Zips are ready for opening day.

4. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Arizona Wildcats Season Preview.

In our first year at Arizona we have simple goals. We want to become bowl eligible, and try to get wins vs the PAC 10 heirarchy, while building toward the future of Arizona Football.

The Offense will be led by RS So. QB Paul "Shampoo" Mitchell and SR WR Dewayne Peace. Behind them is a pretty good running game that should be able to chew up yards behind a veteran offensive line. All in all the offense will be pretty good. We will be sticking with Arizona's traditional offense until we start to bring in some of our own talent then we will re evaluate our strategy. But......

The Defense could be an issue. We have a veteran secondary, but an average LB corp and a good defensive line, but we have little depth on defense and building this defense will be a challenge. This unit is lead by Safties Thompson and Huff. Team speed doesn't seem to be an issue, but any injuries at all could be debilitating. We will be bringing our 425 philosophy with us for this season and just like the offense, we will re evaluate as our depth by position changes.

Final thought...

This is a team that could be good this year. We won't break any records, and won't push for the PAC 10 title right away, but I think we'll be good enough to put a scare into some teams at the top. The two keys will really be health and luck. We may need a break or two, and Mitchell will have to play well. I think 8-4 or 7-5 is realistic in year one.

5. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

2013 Tulsa Golden Hurricane​

Tulsa is coming off of a truly disappointing 2012 as they finished 9-4 (5-3) and their only real glimmer of light was knocking off top 15 Bowling Green in double OT to keep Coach Miles undefeated in bowl games with the Hurricane. Last year was supposed to be the big breakout year for the Hurricane, last year is now as they have returned almost all major facets of their defensive and offensive attacks for 2013. However, it won't be easy as the Hurricane are set to take on a tough OOC schedule with Colorado and Akron on the road and #5 Texas and #19 Oklahoma State at home. As far as the looks and game plans of the team for the upcoming year...

Offense: Its all about the Beaver. This offense will go as far as perennial All-American and Heisman Trophy candidate SR QB Shavodrick Beaver goes. After suffering injury after injury last season Beaver looks to be in the best shape of his career as he managed to improve all major facets of his game in the off-season (88 SPD, 85 AGI, 88 ACC, 78 AWR, 87 THP, 87 THA) and will undoubtedly be the feature of this offense. One reason for that is the graduation of Tony Peoples who with his 4700+ career yards left with every rushing record at the school, he will be "replaced" by SO sensation and former Blue-Chip Jason Horner who, as a backup/number two rushed for 897 yards and 10 TD's of his own. Add to that the decision to start SO FB Andre Bray over returning starter Bobby Mueller, you have a three headed monster in the Tulsa backfield as Bray possesses 86 speed to go along with his great strength and hard-nosed blocking skills. The only questions sit with and inexperienced offensive line with only one senior on it and a receiving crew that is in the same exact boat. It should be exciting!

Key Players:
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    POS YEAR NAME OVR
    QB SR Shavodrick Beaver 92
    C SR Brian Deshane 97
    HB SO Jason Horner 86
    WR FR Steven Kilpatrick 85
    FB SO Andre Bray 83

Defense: Big. Mean. Physical. Those are the attributes that describe this seasons defensive unit that contains 6 senior starters. The defense is led by pre-season All-Americans JR SS Steve Hackett (Thorpe runner-up) and SO MLB Zach Rutlege who each accounted for 98 tackles last season. The biggest area of improvement for the defense this season shouldn't just be age, but also having a, hopefully, more consistent offense as they spent way more time on the field last season than any defense ever wants to. The heart of the D is truly the linebacking corps as they are as deep and talented as anyone else in the nation. The biggest acquisition? The signing of just the second Blue-Chip recruit in Tulsa history and what was the #1 DT in the nation Drew Young. Young is a bundle of mean pissed off in your face and ready to explode dynamite packed in a 6'0" 267LB frame. He is arguably the most talented freshman in the nation posessing uncanny attributes for a big-man in the middle that linebackers love to have keeping O-linemen off of them (70 SPD, 88 STR, 73 AGI, 71 ACC, 61 AWR, 83 PWR, 86 BLK SHED). This could be a breakout year for the traditionally under-achieving Tulsa defense.

Key Players:
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    POS YEAR NAME OVR
    OLB SR Glenn Jones 92
    MLB SO Zack Rutledge 90
    CB SR Sean Evans 93
    FS SR David Chambers 92
    DE SR Larry Coker 90
    SS JR Steve Hackett 86
    DT FR Drew Young 86

6. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

2013 Purdue Boilermakers​

The Boilermakers were dissapointed in the way their season ended last year, but were pleased with the season as a whole, none the less. They were picked second to last in the Big Ten and ended up winning it, receiving on one loss to the hands of Ohio State. The 2013 proves to be as challenging as ever, and Purdue will have to play their best to make a run at the National Championship.

2013 Schedule
    Column 1 Column 2
    Wk Opponent
    1 @ Arizona
    2 Akron
    4 Notre Dame
    5 @ Illinois
    7 @ #3 Penn State
    8 Wisconsin
    9 #4 Michigan
    10 @ Northwestern
    11 @ Iowa
    12 #2 Ohio State
    13 Indiana
    14 @ Texas Tech

Offense
    Key Players: Sr QB Denard Robinson, Sr HB Al Terek McBurse, Sr WR Eric Williams

Everyone knows what Denard is capable, but I'm not sure that everyone is aware of the other offensive threats for Purdue. To counter the QB keep is the 1-2 punch of Sr (RS) HB McBurse and So HB Robinson. They combined for 720 yards and 15 TDs in 2012. McBurse will be named the starter, and Robinson will get some carries and play the "wildcat" position. Leading the receivers is Eric Williams. Eric improved to a 89 overall WR, and is very durable so we will be getting him as many "touches" as possible. So (RS) TE Leon Thompson will see his first action after taking a redshirt last year due to Bryan Ros transferring to Purdue. He has already proved to be very productive, catching 4 passes for 56 yards against Arizona. The offensive line is young, and solid across the board with a lot of depth.

Defense
    Key Players: Sr DT Brian Williams, Sr OLB Nick Tate, Sr FS Ishmael Aristide

The defense lost a couple guys here and there, most noteably at the DT position, but they are as good as ever and rated a B+ overall. The key will be stopping the run, and making plays in the passing game. Senior DT did a great job against Arizona by getting in the backfield and disrupting the running attack, leaving Arizona with only 14 yards on 28 carries. The LBs are solid, but young. They are led by Sr Nick Tate at OLB who had 84 tackles last season. starting across from him at LOLB is true Freshman Jake Hawkins. Jake is the only Freshman that was not redshirted, and brings speed to the LB core! All American Jr SS Chris Bennett, All Conference Sr (RS) Ishmael Aristide, All Conference Sr CB Antavian Edison, and All Conference Jr (RS) CB make up the veteran secondary that totaled 14 interceptions last season.

Freshman
    Purdue brought in a very solid recruiting class, and will have the luxury to redshirt all but one - Jake Hawkins. The former five star recruit is heavily needed in the 3-4 season, and isn't getting the redshirt (as much as we'd like) because we know he can make or break this season. Other top recruits include SS Andy Perkins (81 ovr), FS Jon White (79 ovr), FS Jamie Gaines (78 ovr), CB Carl Graham (79 ovr), DT Michael James (77 ovr), and C Connor "Testes" Estes (77 ovr).

7. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

UCLA Bruins 2013 Preview

Coming off a season where they were picked to finish in the bottom half of the Pac-10, UCLA shocked the experts and ended up finishing #2 in the nation, adding a Rose Bowl win against a tough Purdue team in the process. UCLA is looking to build on that momentum, and the pollsters seem to think they will, spotting them at #13 in the preseason poll.

On offense, QB Kevin Prince is gone. However, he was hurt most of the year and the backup QB at the time, Richard Brehaut, is now the starter. He'll look to make the most of it, having already faced every school in the Pac-10 last season. The line has been completely shuffled, as has the HB position. Redshirt Freshman Jacob Gunn takes over there.

On defense, the secondary loses a couple of guys, but the top players remain. Look for Free Safety Chris Yancey to pick up where he left off, already being touted as a preseason All-American. Joining him on the preseason All-American first team are both UCLA corners, redshirt sophomore Collin Graham and senior Brandon Sermons, who decided against going to the NFL after talking with his folks.

The first two weeks may very well tell the tale for this squad, as they face a tough Auburn squad with a new coach and then hit the road to take on Southern Miss. If they can get two wins, a championship run looks to be VERY possible.

8. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Personally, I don't think it's a good idea to put them in place this year. That's because there are 6 schools which will HAVE to get an at-large bid to get into a BCS game, whereas the other 6 can get in by either winning their conference (which I would suspect 4 of us will do) OR the at-large bid (which seems possible that 1 or 2 of us could). Knowing this extra recruiting bonus ahead of time MAY have changed someone's mind about leaving. Just my thought.

9. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

So you are saying that we shouldn't award a 5 star for WINNING one of those bowls? I think the person who wins the Rose Bowl (you) deserves one, and I think Max deserves one for winning the Fiesta, and I think I deserve one for winning the Orange Bowl with CMU.

All of those teams had GREAT seasons, so why shouldn't they be awarded with a 5 star?

The most 5 stars you can get in this system is 4. I really don't think it's an unearned advantage. We can say that unless you have someone else in your conference you can win that award? idk..I thought it was okay since you have to have a pretty good season to get there, and then you have to win it.

10. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I'm fine with doing it, but it might be better to save it for starting next year. I'm not saying winning a BCS bowl isn't deserving of something better than just winning a bowl. I'm just saying that 6 of us have a much easier path than the other 6. There are 8 BCS spots (not counting the championship). 6 go to the BCS conference winners. That leaves two slots for the 6 non-BCS teams to try and snag. The difference is that for those of us in the BCS conferences, we've got 3 slots we can get (conference champion and the at-large bids). I'm fine with doing it, just thinking someone might have moved on had they known this. I'll go with the majority, though.

11. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Maybe you're right..

but I wasn't really thinking things needed to be even/fair..

these were just things that I thought, if accomplished, would boost your recruiting IRL.

edit: What if I add the GMAC bowl to that list? That is the bowl for C USA vs MAC, and I think most times it will be a user game!

12. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I'm fine either way. Just thought maybe one of the CUSA or MAC guys might have changed schools (if they could) had they known they might be able to potentially score the extra big-time recruit. If they all still would have stayed, I'd say definitely put it in, then. Again, I'll just go with the majority.

13. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Yeah Murk I have had a little time to mull this over. I like the rules the way they are. I don't want to have top 5 recruiting classes for everyone. Thats my take on it. I like the amount of 3 and 4 star guys we get. The way we have it, it makes you worry year to year about your depth. I like finding the diamonds in the rough. I would vote no change.

14. Highyella

Highyella Walk On

I also vote no on the new recruiting thing,you can get what 3 5 stars with the current system?I think thats good enough hey but thats me.

15. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Since everyone else is voting no, I'll vote yes.

16. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

I'll vote no then.

17. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Okey dokey

18. The Shrike

The Shrike Colonel Thrillz

Maybe it has been decided at this point, but I also vote "no". We are already dominating the CPU teams and allowing more/better recruits would just widen the gap. It also seems that teams winning BCS bowls will already be getting a bump in interested recruits. I would support the bump from 4 to 5 to increase incentive for "no rules violations" though.

19. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

yes, that I will be doing.

20. The Shrike

The Shrike Colonel Thrillz

Kent State Season Preview

Kent State Season Preview

Kent State is looking to build on last season's 10-win campaign that ended with a blowout bowl victory over Washington.

Offense:
    Kent State has good depth at QB and HB, allowing Coach Thrillz a number of offensive options.

Kent State has a potent 1-2 combination at the QB spot, with transfer Jordan Lynch ready to contribute after a year of practice with the team. Pushing him for playing time will be sophomore Pat McNair who was inconsistent as a backup last season but whose undeniable talent will be hard to keep off the field. Sophomore speedster Eric Smith begins the season at starting HB, edging out junior Daniel Jones in part due to his blocking ability. WR is a bit of a question mark, as team leader and impact player Garrick Piggot left early for the draft. Filling his shoes will be pair of juniors: transfer Shaun Gordon, a true physical presence, and Brian Williams. All-American and TE of the Year Bryan Wagner is off to the NFL, but Kent State has found a likely candidate to replace him in true freshman Jeff Taylor. Taylor has big shoes to fill, but his speed and power should help him excel.

Defense:

The defense is the best unit the Kent State has seen in some time, with a good blend of experience and talented newcomers.

The D-Line is an experienced unit, with 2 seniors, 1 Junior, and when Kent goes to the 4 down lineman look, 1 true freshman, Chris Miller. Miller is already the strongest player on the team and is capable of starting immediately, giving coach Thrillz the option of going with the 4-3 or 4-2-5.
    Freshman Brandon McNair (younger brother of QB Pat) will start at ROLB, bolstering a decidedly mediocre linebacking corps. Another freshman looking to make an immediate impact is starting SS Gemara Merritt. He joins an experienced secondary crew led by impact junior CB Shawn Daniels.

Special Teams:

Once again, Kent State's best player, ratings-wise, is kicker Tavares Young (who also has the distinction of being the only Caucasian player named Tavares to ever play the college game).

21. Highyella

Highyella Walk On

LMAO,Im dying here

22. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Southern Miss Golden Eagles

Season 5 Schedule

#14 Southern Miss vs #12 Southern California :1stars: Game Of The Week
    Southern Miss vs #13 UCLA (vs The Parrothead)
    East Carolina vs Southern Miss (Rivalry Game)
    Southern Miss vs Texas Tech(vs Maxattax34)
    Bye
    Southern Miss vs Tulsa (vs JMan)
    Southern Miss vs #22 UCF (vs NatiSaint)
    UAB vs Southern Miss
    Houston vs Southern Miss
    Mashall vs Southern Miss
    Bye
    Southern Miss vs Memphis (Rivalry Game)
    Southern Miss vs Tulane
    Southern Miss vs Texas A&M ( Revenge Game)​

Well....This must be the year. It has to be the year! Rumors are swirling everyday about assistant coach Ike's future with the team. He has made it no secret that his heart is torn. With Illinois, Wisconsin, and Minnesota all lining up to offer him whatever he needs, his decision is getting difficult everyday.

This i a very senior driven team. This Southern Miss team is the best team in school history. Graded out by many to be a A-. Loaded with stars and more importantly depth. The Team is led by left tackle "Tiny" Jon Guerry (99). He will be blocking for the combo of RBs Kendrick Hardy (98) and Tracey Lampley (94). Mujahid Assad will be the main playmaker trying to carry on the tradition of fantastic WR play from USM.

On defense USM is offering up a CB tandem of true sophomore Jay Campbell (96) and Martez Thompson (96). Thompson is one of the leaders on defense being a RS senior. Also, speaking of leaders, are the most decorated safety combo in school history. These guys have set the bar. Free safety Sam Cooper will be his cool under pressure self making sure nothing gets past him. While SS Berry who already won a Thorpe award wants to regain his status as top SS in he country.

Well folks there it is. This season has been marked down since Spring Ball....BCS Title, or BS Season....The USM coach never mixed his words now did he?

23. RaveDown

RaveDown Get Worked

BOWLING GREEN PREVIEW​

Offense:Switching more to a pro-style offense this year means SR QB Schroeder will be the starter. His THP and THA are on par with SR QB Shilz, but his speed and ability to break tackles gets him the job.

The focal point will be SR HB Mays who is the best player overall suiting up for the Falcons. Not only in the running game but also in the passing game Mays will be needed.

SR WRs Hopgood, McCellan and Ernst are the top 3 wideouts, while none are great they are solid. With that being said, expect alot passes being thrown to SO TEs Brown and Davis in hoping to get some mismatches against LBs and Safteys.

OLine... pure shit, nuff said.

Defense:Will be a 3-3-5, this is due to a lack of DEs and two good SS. But the 3-4 will be featured alot against running teams. The standouts are SR OLB Owens and the #1 DE from last years recruiting class Mark Henley.

True FR DTs Kaplan and Davis are in front of SRs on the depth chart due to their strength and ability to shed blockers. Which is crucial in the 3-3-5/3-4.

Alot of the sucess of this year's defense will depend on the play of the safteys Burton and the Moore brothers

Synopsis: These chumps are all that I got and they better get me COY

24. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

AUBURN TIGERS PREVIEW​

Auburn's first year coach Riptides looks to continue his winning ways he experienced while at Ball St.

Offensive Outlook:

Everything should run through the Senior QB Tyrik Rollison, he has speed and a strong arm. He does however have a gun-slinger attitude and tries to force passes into tight spots which usually comes back to haunt him. His WR are young for the most part, the lone Sr. Emory Blake should prove to be his go to guy this season.

The offensive line is littered with underclassman. They are hoping this will bode well for next season with the much need game time experience.

At RB they lost 3 players to graduation that were the backbone of the team. With the huge turnover in personnel they will struggle running the ball as a pair of Jr.'s try to carry the load but lack in overall talent. They are hoping to RS a speed back this season who will bring an added dimension to the team next season.

Defensive Outlook:

The Tigers defensive is loaded with upperclassmen with the exception coming at middle lb where true freshman Lay Wood will roam hoping to represent what his name stands for.

Coach Riptides will go back to a 4-3 D instead of the 4-2-5 he ran the last couple of years at Ball St. He feels at Auburn he has 3 pretty good LB's which he was lacking at his previous stop.

Season prediction:

The media has Auburn picked to finish 5th in the SEC west. However, after a tough road game at UCLA the Tigers are hoping to take the SEC by storm and make a run at the West title this season.

The Tiger School paper predicts the final record being 10-2 with a trip to the SEC championship and hopefully a BCS bowl.

STAY TUNED.........

25. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

i like the recruiting as is.......