New TMFL Roll Call

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Keller, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

New TMFL Roll Call

I need to know everyones top 3 choices for a team ASAP. The TMFL may be merging with the SMFL. We would use the salary cap spreadsheets method to manage rosters. If you don't post your team choices within the next 24hours I will assume you no longer want to be a part of the league. Feel free to post any questions or concerns.

Can everyone please post their current team in the TMFL as well?

2. Austin811

Austin811 Go Dbacks!

Is this a done deal?

Well
    1 Jets
    2 Jets
    3 Jets

See how that goes...

3. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Let me get this straight, the premiere league (TMFL - more active users) is merging in with the non-premiere league (SMFL - less active users) and then adopting those principles of the non-premiere league?

4. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

5. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Whu.....Fa real?

Only reason I bought this damn game was to run in a league with the Bears. Soooo

1. Bears
    2. Bears
    3. Bears
    Etc.....

6. DreSmithJr

DreSmithJr It Be So EMPTY, WITHOUT ME...

1.)Jets
    2.)Raiders
    3.)Eagles

7. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

TMFL Team: Colts

1- Colts
    2- Redskins
    3- Whoever

8. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

I'll take my SMFL team, the Giants, if possible, but I'll roll with any team, preferably one with good CBs.

9. Austin811

Austin811 Go Dbacks!

I know your listing your choice, but bro theres no way in hell you get the jets (y)

10. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

What he said...We have 20+ plus guys now we gonna scrap everything 4 weeks from the season being over. Somebody help me understand.

11. Brewskie19

Brewskie19 I Bleed Green & Gold!

PACKERS OUT - QUIT

I'm out.
    This was not part of the deal.
    Frankly I have been thoroughly disappointed with much of the TMFL.

From the settings, to certain rules, to the fact that people aren't on when you schedule a time, and frankly, it's too many games to play in a short turnaround.

Adding this extra management of a salary cap is too much. I just want to play football.

12. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

We should at least finish this season in TMFL. Set a hard advance. If you don't get your games in, oh well.

13. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

complete TMFL season-1

Yes, we definitely should. We are in week-13 now and to make any changes is just a bad idea.

14. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Wait how was this decided out of the blue? Was there a vote amongst TMFL members?

15. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

I've been commishing for awhile now and restarting=slow death. If we restart once then I'm gonna assume we'll restart again and then what's the point? Just bring in some more users and find somebody to hit the advance button every couple of days. We might not have super content now but that's better than having no content when a bunch of jaded users have to restart.

This league is fine imo. I've played mostly user games recently and I've been having fun. If we want to have a non-premiere league merge in then great but why would the premiere xbox Madden league merge into a smaller non-premiere league? (no offense to SMFL, Keller) I'd like to think that premiere leagues don't restart unless totally unavoidable.

16. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

No this was not voted on nor even fully discussed.

Its not happening. Keller I love ya but thats not how things get done.

A. we have not had a power transition. and B no one who paid for their spot in TMFL got a vote.

17. Keller

This roll call thread is here so I'd like to take roll. Nothing is final, I just want to take roll.

18. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

All,

I understand the merger but do not agree with it. For one, if we had people step up in the TMFL and take ownership of the role from HotRod, this wouldn't have happened. So shame on us for not wanting to lead but conversely condemning those who try and do so. Furthermore, this is all preliminary, a merge is not inevitable. However, I believe that we should finish out the TMFL. We are in week-13 and this is the only fair option for us TMFL team owners. I am 2-9, so I am far from a playoff run. But after 13 weeks, I am interested to see who will be crowned king and excited to see all the scores / recaps once the playoffs are here.

My only 2 grips have been with content and activity levels. There are a few team owners who never use TF (preferred and part of the TF terms) and only schedule games through XBL. I would not invite them back. In fact, after the TMFL season-1, I would place a bid out to the SMFL and TYW members to see if they would like to step into 1) the current empty spots, and then 2) the user spots who we kick down to the non-premier leagues (lack of content, activity, etc...). Overall, I have never had any issues with getting my weekly games in.

I actually like the pace of the TMFL and do not mind having a few CPU games. As busy as life can be, its a bit refreshing when you have a CPU opponent as your not tied to any time-slots. This is how it is in the NCAA OD, so I see no reason why we cannot continue with CPU slotted team owners in the TMFL.

- Randiesel75

19. Keller

Again, nothing is final yet but my guess is this is how things will shake out.

We will find the true number of active TMFL owners and we will have the true number of active SMFL owners. You put those two numbers together and get close to a full league.

Then you ask TMFLer's what file to use and they of course say "we want to use the TMFL file." Then you ask SMFLer's and they say "we want to use the SMFL file." Whats the fair solution? Start over. Heck, maybe we even sim the first season and start the first season of the new TMFL with the rookie draft then free agency?

Like I said, nothings final, but right now thats my best guess on whats going to happen.

20. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

there is a vacuum of leadership in the TMFL and at this point, it's hard to say either league is really a premier level of league. The participation and content is not on par with what the PS3 Premier Madden leagues are throwing out there... would you argue with that?

Were trying to build ONE solid premier XBOX league... if it takes merging leagues then that's what we have to do. Nobody is trying to step on toes or say this league is better or anything like that.

Were all on the same team here, trying to put together a 32 team league with solid leadership and active owners who really take the premier league label seriously and do the things to make a league successful.

21. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

that's too bad. It's tough right now with no real online franchise model and i think guys are doing the best they can to supplement. The reason were doing this is to make a REAL strong league that IS active with guys who WANT to be here.

hopefully you will reconsider... if not, good luck elsewhere.

22. Keller

Thanks for the help Ryno. I think having you speak up lets people know that this is pretty serious.

Listen guys, I'm not unreasonable, I'm just trying to sort of "right the ship." I realize that not every decision I make is going to be popular but right now the Xbox leagues sort of need some unpopular decisions to be made.

Right now, all I'd like to do is get this roll call thread back on track.

I need team choices and the team you currently own the TMFL so I can tabulate everything and look at what all we have. No decisions are final, I just want to take roll.

23. T Bird8239

T Bird8239 Walk On

I too have been disappointed with this league.....ive had as many sim games as games played....i post game times and the week advances without so much as a response from my opponent, or direction from the commish to play the cpu...with that said, I have hopes it will turn around but I will not take part in any leagues using spread sheets...iam not an accountant and thats a deal breaker for me....
    1Browns
    2saints
    3chargers

24. Keller

I'm sorry you feel that way Tbird. Spreadsheets aren't rocket science but I understand the resistance to them. Trust me when I say that once the initial work is done, it is completely worth it. We're talking about simulating a real live and functional salary cap that allows for free agency bidding etcetera. It completely changes the league and gives people a vested interest in things. Hell, if there aren't too many people that need it, I will gladly do your initial sheet for you. It only takes about 20 minutes.

Also, what team do you currently own?

25. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Understood, but only after the TMFL season-1 is completed should this drastic measure be considered a viable solution.