New to the league

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by robmacdog, May 23, 2011.

1. robmacdog

robmacdog Walk On

Hey guys

I wanted to take a sec to introduce myself. I'm Rob and I'll be joining the league as a new coach for the remainder of the NCAA 11 cycle to get acquainted with you all and move on into NCAA 12. Kasper saw my new member app and told me that you guys may have an opening so I PMed Masler and he was nice enough to get me on board. I'm new to the forums here, but I can assure you I'm a sim player and I would have been on here sooner if I had heard about the site. Thankfully I saw a post on Operation Sports and came on over.

I've been playing NCAA football since the '98 edition. So you could say I"m loyal to the franchise... I've played in an online dynasty with a group of friends for the past 2 years that died off earlier this year once basketball season rolled around and I've been looking for a solid, sim league to join. (I tried others....loaded with cheesers, so that didn't work out)

Masler said that there is a need for a Big East coach, so I wanted to get some info from you guys about the current status of the teams in that league. He told me that USF and Rutgers are taken and that Syracuse was left in decent shape by the last coach. How about the other teams available? Obviously, I don't want take a team that's a national title contender already (if there is one) but don't want a complete bottom feeder either.

Thanks for your help and I look forward to playing with you guys.

Rob

2. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Welcome to the league. The conferences right now are ACC, Big 10, Big East, and the PAC-10. Since this dynasty is setup as you pick a 3 star team or 4 star unranked team and build them up. In the Big 10 You have Illinois, Minnesota, and Northwestern. Those teams are rather poor since the computer has been controlling them the majority of the time. In the Big East the only good teams that you can pick up on our Syracuse and West Virginia, I myself am moving into the Big East conference after the season is over and I will be taking over Cincinnati. ACC has V Tech at 4 stars is sadly the only good looking team as of now, other players have the other good teams. The PAC 10 is disbanding as their are only 2 members left in there. I myself am a PAC 10 player and another one of our members broth262. Always nice to have a new member along and I hope you enjoy your stay here.

3. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    Welcome aboard. There are a couple of team worth looking at. In the Big East I would reccomend, Pitt or WVU. In the ACC I would reccomend MD. Those teams were user controlled a couple of seasons ago so they have some foundation. Curious as to what conference you pick because I still haven't decided where I want to move to.

4. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Hell yeah join me in the Big East man, I took over USF. Don't take Syracuse! let the cpu have a decent team to play against us. Take over a scrap job like me and buckle down for the last few seasons here haha!

5. robmacdog

robmacdog Walk On

I think I'm going to go with West Virginia.

6. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Welcome aboard man, glad to have you joining us. The Big East finally wont be such a lowly conference.

7. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

hey now...

8. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    Don't get ahead of yourself. Long way to go for that. Although with Cougars there next season, you guys will have some real competition, I guess that means I need to pick a Big 10 or ACC team. I wonder if I can win it all in my first season again...

9. Masler

Masler Moderator

You need some competition lol

10. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Lol, Cincy is balls dude their RB's are sitting in the 60's right now lol!