NEW TRADE RULES - EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY!!!!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Wanted to get this rolled out before the offseason since many owners (myself included!) have made deals already. These are the new trade rules:

The OMFL uses a point system to determine trade allowances. The following rules are used in trading:
    • Draft picks cannot be traded until the offseason, and only for the upcoming draft.
    • Each team gets 8 points per season for trades. This resets every season.
    • Every player 80 overall or less sent by a team counts as a point. Received players do not count as points.
    • Every draft pick from 2nd round to 7th round (if used) counts as 1 point.
    • Every player from 81-89 overall counts as 2 points for trading purposes.
    • Every player from 90-94 overall counts as 3 points for trading purposes.
    • Every player 95 overall and higher counts as 4 points for trading purposes.
    • 1st round draft picks count as 2 points for trading purposes.
    • If draft picks ONLY are traded, no points are used.
    Any questions on these new rules, please ask a board member.

2. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

And to those folks who think this is limiting trades and turnover on teams, I promise you it isn't.

I have 6 of my 8 points spent in principle on deals. Only losing 1 player and 3 picks, and gaining 6 players in return.

Old rules I was done with trades. Now I have 2 more points to spend.

All this rule does is limit big names moving teams, or makes it a difficult trade to work if a team wants to do other things. In fairness, I like this. Keeps teams with players like Manning, Brees, Brady, and other big names from moving them without making it their only deal of the offseason.

3. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

Yes My Friends.... The days of RAPING new owners are over... How I miss the ;)

4. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

• Every player sent by a team counts as a point. Received players do not count as points.
    • Every player from 81-89 overall counts as 2 points for trading purposes.
    Just so I understand, since these are on separate lines, does this mean that if I trade a player that is an 82 for example, he would count as 3 points? It says each player sent is 1 point on 1 line and a player from 81-89 is 2 points on the next.

5. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

no they count as 2 points instead of the normal 1 point

6. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Cool, thanks bud

7. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

What Dave said. Every player counts at least 1 point. Only the overalls/draft picks mentioned as more than 1 point count as....more than 1 point. LOL

8. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

Maybe to make things simpler in the rule book, we should just say players rated 80 and under count as 1 point, 81-89 = 2 points, etc. I think we all understand it, but this may simplify things for new owners that join after this conversation takes place.

9. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

There is a chart that is easier (hopefully) to understand how the points break down to trading players/picks. It is in the "completed trades" thread area of the forums in a sticky.

10. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

NOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please remember one very key thing: Players who have applied for position changes are traded based on the new overall of their current position, NOT their overall based on their position listed in Madden. For example, if Shawne Merriman is traded, he is traded based on his overall at DE (where Dunlap plays him) and NOT at ROLB (his standard position). The new team MUST position change the player BACK if they want him at that spot. Please get with me if you have any questions about this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!