New users?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by controllerabuser, Oct 19, 2009.

?

Should the new users be put on auto against user teams for the rest of this year?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

New users?

What do you guys think?

2. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

this is a tough one. I bodies saying yes but my mind is saying no.

I think it could come out un-fair if certain users have to play several more user vs user games than other members....... but the again... If I was new to this league, I would want to play all my games and it just doesn't feel right now allowing a user to play his games.

3. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

For fairness, could a new user their choice of the 2 worst teams in either conference?

4. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

i say no..the reason i joined this od is to play real people.... hell thats why we all joined.. for a good sim challenge

5. controllerabuser

Right. The reason why I posted a poll or asked for advice is because I can see both sides.

Yes, allowing them to play users to me is kind of unfair. If had been a little earlier in the year, then I would have no problem at all with it. Derrr came in a couple weeks ago and I felt that he should be able to play whoever. Now, it is going to be week 12 and the story is a little different.

No, not allowing them to me is bringing up the point of waiting till the end of the season then.

I think because we keep having users drop every year or so, I will bring them in as a weaker team as stated above by bcduggan. Also, if anybody wants to switch to a different team or wants to go to the other conference, you should let me know now.

What I do want, is for the new users to be able to recruit for the rest of the season. I know it doesn't make up a lot of ground but it is better than nothing.

6. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

When I joined I didn't think it would have been fair to get a good team. That's why I asked for a weaker team. I would have been just as happy with Stanford or WSU as I am with Washington. Granted they would have been more frustrating and the learning curve with those teams would have been greater. I think I said I wanted Stanford off of the list you gave me but you gave me Washington because they were I think you said average.

7. DerrrFree22

DerrrFree22 Guest

Here's what you do - you give a user who has been loyal to the league but has been playing with a bad team the choice to upgrade to either Ohio State or Wisconsin. I'm sure someone would prefer to be a better team that is in here right now. I know I would! Then, you make the "new users" take over whichever teams got vacated for the upgrade atleast for the rest of the season. That way, no one has to play extra user games if a new guy takes a random team.

Example:

DerrrFree22 switches to Ohio State. New guy takes over Arizona State for the rest of the season. At the end of this regular season - then the new guy can leave for a school he desires more. This way, no extra user games are played.

The point being that a loyal user gets the option of upgrading to a better situation - the new guy has to play out this season to prove he is a good member - and then after the year we can shuffle the new guy if he prefers to be a different team.

8. DerrrFree22

DerrrFree22 Guest

Just put a post up - asking current members if they are interested in Ohio State or Wisconsin - whoever has "seniority" gets them. New guy fills the vacated team and can prove he is worthy and can recruit for that team and then at the end of the season he can choose to stick with it or move on to a team he likes better that is available.

9. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

I would love to trade bk for Oregon... (y) .... even got you a good recruiting class set up (y)

Yep.... I know im probably getting a (n) but it was worth a try.

10. controllerabuser

Actually, Bk had already asked me if you wanted to take Oregon.

I would then offer Bk or ryty to take over Wisconsin & tOSU because they have been around the longest. Bcduggan would have the next seniority of upgrading to Cal? NDcolts could take over Washington. If, Mr.2Bits decides to join, he could take over Oregon State.

11. DerrrFree22

DerrrFree22 Guest

That's a perfect plan CA. We need the most committed users at the top schools to keep the league legit. I think that would be a good switch - also I remember NDColts is a big time Illinois fan - so if BK takes Ohio State and Wisconsin is still free - he might want to go with Illinois instead of Wisconsin.

12. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

YES!!! I would love to take Oregon. Something about playing for my Rival Beavers just rubs me the wrong way.

13. controllerabuser

Thing is, out of the users we have that would or could switch. I would have to give the first choice to ryty32, since he has been here from the beginning. Then, bkhogfan51 would be next.

14. controllerabuser

Ok, with the switch:

Bkhogfan51-tOSU
    Lee.Flex-Oregon

bcduggan, now is your chance to switch..

NDColts, who would be your top 2. 1 from B10 , 1 from P10

15. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

so this is confirmed? Hogan going to tOSU and im getting Oregon? Wow,.... media will be wild. I might get shot in Corvallis before I can even make it down to my Alma-mater.....

(Thinking to self)"What would Nick Saban Do?"

16. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

ILLINOIS then anyone from p10 dont care who i get from them.. and yes i am a huge illini fan so thats only reason why i picked them

17. DerrrFree22

DerrrFree22 Guest

Controller, I would love to get out of Arizona State. Once BK and RyTy make their selections - and the dominoes start falling can you consult with me before you let NDColts and Mr2Bits make there selections? I would prefer to be out of ASU.

18. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

id rather stay out of big ten if i cant have illinois dont have the heart to beat them on a game as they are always losing in real life :(

19. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

If I understand this right, I am being offered Cal?

I've done well with the Huskies, will decide by 8pm central. 7pm now

20. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I will take Cal