New XBOX 360 League "Battle for the South: an Acc vs Sec OD"

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Shino45, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

New XBOX 360 League "Battle for the South: an Acc vs Sec OD"

Battle for the South:
    An ACC vs SEC Dynasty

Description: Battle for the South is a new TF Online Dynasty for new members where we will have six members in both the SEC and ACC. This will truly be a battle for the south both on and off the field. With six users in each conference you will truly have to be on top of your game to make it out of your conference and to a National Championship game. Having 12 user teams located in the vicinity of the southeastern section of the US, you can expect many recruiting battles.

Expectations: Please Read and Understand each of these expectations before requesting a position in the league.

1) You must be flexible with your time when it comes to the scheduling of your games. If your schedule is very busy with little time openings this will not be the OD for you. With each user having between 4-6 user games a year in addition to possible bowl and conference championship games you must have the time flexibility to get these games played before the deadline. We will be advancing on a soft 72 hour timeline. If all games are played we will advance before the 72 hours, and in special circumstances the timeline maybe extended.

2) You are expected to active within the league. Meaning you should be able to check the board on a daily basis to check for any important messages or news. You should post a game summary to the dynasty wire after every game. Your summary does not have to be an essay; at minimum it should give a brief game recap for other members to read and enjoy.

3) You should adhere to Tradition Football general rules in regard to sim gameplay. In addition to these rules be mindful
    a. That you do not constantly run money plays
    b. That you mix your plays up… Ex: do not run sweeps and outside runs all game, or run the same routes over and over.
    c. That you do not move your defenders pre snap except for special situations. Ex: Moving your safety up to stop the run on 3rd or 4th and short. Preplay player movement should beat a minimum in this league, so moving defenders off of the D-line before a punt will be a violation.
    d. That you do not late pitch the ball… if you do you should run out of bounds with your HB.
    Remember the goal is to achieve Sim gameplay here.

4) You should be dedicated to the league and a show good sportsmanship. More than likely you will lose multiple games and you may lose 5+ games in a season. If these things bother you, and you’re not in it for the long haul then this is not the league for you.

Team Schedules: Every year each team will have their 8 conference games, 2 OOC user games (1 maybe a rivalry game), 1 Game vs a top CPU opponent, and either a warm-up game or OOC cpu rivalry game.

Sliders: We will be using modified 7-min AA sliders TBA later.

Rosters: We will use the latest version of the OS community roster. The only exception is that we will use a rerated Alabama roster, therefore if you are considering using Alabama know that there will be some rating changes to counteract EA’s National Champion Bias.

Team Selections: All Acc and Sec teams are available for use (minus Georgia Bulldogs which I will be running with unless someone makes a great pitch to use them). When applying to the league please let me know your top 2 teams to run with and why. I’m looking for people who are going to be passionate about their team and the battle for the south.

For those interested in joining:

1) Please post a link to your APPROVED TF Member Application
    2) Acknowledge that you’ve read and agree with the expectations of the league
    3) The Sec or Acc teams you would like to use, and why.
    4) The Number of TF Leagues you are currently in.

Currently I am only looking for members without a league. After awhile if the league is not full I will consider TF Members all ready in another league.

Welcome everyone who will be a part of this league, and I look forward to being in a league with you!

SEC
    Georgia (Shino45)
    Alabama (EUBlink)
    Arkansas
    Auburn (War Eagle)
    Florida
    Kentucky
    LSU (DreSmithJr)
    Mississippi St
    Ole Miss (JCSpartan2)
    Tennessee (MartyWebb)
    South Carolina
    Vanderbilt

ACC
    Boston College (Pagamer07)
    Clemson
    Duke
    Florida State (HotRod)
    Georgia Tech
    Maryland (phbaseball1335)
    Miami (Williatr)
    NC State
    North Carolina
    Virginia
    Virginia Tech (hoosierjoe)
    Wake Forest (Spudnasty)

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Southern Exposure is reborn...GoGators ran a similar dynasty last year and it was great. We ended up merging with the Rivarly and added the Big 12 so the Southern aspect was lost. Good luck with your OD, I'll keep an eye on it!

3. War Eagle

War Eagle Banned

http://www.traditionfootball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28446
    I have read the rules and will abide by them
    SEC- Auburn I am a student at Auburn and have became a huge Auburn fan.
    ACC- Clemson I grew up in Clemson territory. I always want them to do good. Just not when they are playing Auburn which is the case this year.
    4) The Number of TF Leagues you are currently in. 0

4. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

Thanks for the kind words. Yea there are so many rebuilding or small program leagues this year that I wanted to do something not in that direction. Also most leagues are doing 3,4 or more conferences and I was like we need something competitive within a small region and a couple of conferences... of course there's no place better than the south with an Acc vs Sec OD. With a good group of owners we should have the same success you guys enjoyed last year with Southern Exposure.

5. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

Review your Application and..... welcome to the league War Eagle. Even in your App you stated you would like to play as Auburn, so your wish is granted. Your the type of new member I'm looking for. Glad to have you aboard.

Just keep and eye on this thread, depending on how things play out we may start moving forward to the next step in the next few days.

6. War Eagle

War Eagle Banned

Sounds Good. I have been waiting for a 360 league to open up. It made me smile when I saw it. My gt is xAuBuRn if you needed it. Lets get this thing going. The bulldogs have been owning Auburn in real life as of lately. Hopefully that will change this year. Looking forward to this league.

War Eagle!

7. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

http://www.traditionfootball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27606
    I agree
    LSU or Georgia Tech- I like both of the schools in real life but mainly they have the personnel to run the type of offense I want to run right off the bat.
    1 "The Uprising"

8. phbaseball1335

phbaseball1335 Walk On

9. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

10. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

I'm definitely going to keep you in mind for a position in the league. I really want to give the guys without a league a chance to sign up first... after a few days I will open it up to you and others if we don't fill up.

11. phbaseball1335

phbaseball1335 Walk On

Thank you sir. I look forward to playing in this league.

12. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

13. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

1) http://traditionfootball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26139
    2) Yes. Sounds perfect.
    3) First choice would be Boston College. I live in the northeast and have always liked Boston College for some reason (maybe it's because I cant stand Notre Dame). 2nd choice would be the Gamecocks. I lived in SC for about 13 years, so I do still follow the team.
    4) 1. Currently the commisioner of The Redshirts. I am looking for another dynasty here in Tradition Football. The ACC appeals to me because the conference doesnt get much prestige. I would like to change that.

14. prewett53

prewett53 Walk On

1) http://www.traditionfootball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25036
    2) I acknowledge, read and do agree with the expectations of the league.
    3) I would love to play with any team in the SEC. I grew up in the south and the SEC is all I watch when i'm not playing that weekend. My top two choices would be Alabama, because I love using their offense sets or Kentucky for the same reason.
    4) 1 - The Cradle

15. DreSmithJr

DreSmithJr It Be So EMPTY, WITHOUT ME...

http://www.traditionfootball.com/forums/showthread.php?p=253467#post253467

I Have read and i agree. Im off at 5pm eastern time during the week every day and free on weekends.

1) LSU - Love The idea of playing with a young offense centering around Tolliver.
    2) Arkansas - 2 Words Ryan Mallett lol
    3) Florida State - *ohhhhh ohh ohhh ohhh..* lol

0.. im a new member

16. Spudnasty

Spudnasty Walk On

- http://www.traditionfootball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28712
    - I have read the rules and agree with them and will follow them
    - SEC: I'd like to be Southern Carolina because I have a few friends at USC and always like to see them do well
    - ACC: I'd pick Wake Forest since they do decently every year and who wouldn't want to be the Demon Deacons!
    - I'm not in any TF leagues currently and looking to be in my first one

17. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Yo Shino, mind if I jump in on this? I would actually love to start one up as Ole Miss. I understand your just looking for new members, but if you'd like another TF vet in there let me know.

18. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Same I'm looking for another dynasty to participate in.

I would be interested in FSU. Had a couple close cousins of mine go there.

2nd choice would be Miami.

But don't wanna barg in on the format of new members. So feel free to turn me down if necessary.

19. williatr

williatr Walk On

20. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

Your in!! You continue to add to the type of new members I am looking for with this league. Welcome Dre and your LSU Tigers to the league.

21. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

Another solid addition to the league. I know this is your first online league, but I am confident that you will be happy with your decision to play here at TF, there is no community better for what your looking for. Glad to have you and the Miami Hurricanes in the league....

As a side note I noticed you're originally from St. Louis. I just relocated here early this year, and all this city cares about is the Cardinals. I can't go to any bar and watch a sport on the big screen if baseball is on (Including the NBA finals). But were liking it here so far.

22. williatr

williatr Walk On

yea, that's very true we love our cardinals. I currently stay in ohio because it where I went to school. I am very excited to be in a league finally.

23. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

Were excited to have you here at TF, and I'm glad that you will be apart of this league. I did go to my first Cardinals game last Tuesday and it was great... besides the $8 Bud light and the $6 hot dog that I could not get chili on even though there was a chili machine right there that they use for the nachos. :mad:

24. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

Actually I prefer having a couple of TF vets. But first.

Spud I believe you will be another solid addition to the league so you are definitely in. It seems you are okay with either Wake or the real USC so I am going to hold off on assigning your team at the moment, but you definitely will be playing as one of the two.

JC I know you recommend Spud to the site, so you can definitely be one of the vets of the group and play in a league with spud. Consider Ole Miss yours.

Welcome Both of you to the league.

25. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

You've done great thus far with the redshirts and I can not turn you down if you want a second league. Glad to have you aboard! Let's see if you and Boston College can help raise the prestige of the ACC!!

FYI- Even though I do not live there currently, SC is still home for me. I lived there for 8 years with my mother, and most of my family is there. Georgetown, SC to be exact.