New Xbox League Starting ASAP - New Members

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by sreese, Jul 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sreese

sreese Walk On

New Xbox League Starting ASAP - New Members

Ok guys myself and Korenth are starting a new xbox dynasty. Its basically a copy of a league ran around here last year with a few new added twists. Ultimately this is about your coach moving up to a bcs school or staying at a mid-major and trying to make them boiseish! Please read below for the instructions on hiring and firing. If you think your interested send me a message or post here. The instructions are below. U may not get the 1st team on your list as we are going to fill conferences while accepting your applications.

Rules for initial school selection.
    All coaches will begin at a school from the list below. Interested coaches will be asked to submit a top 5 list of desired schools via PM. Schools will be assigned on a first come, first served basis. Please make sure you choose teams from each conference not all from one. We will have 4 teams in each confence (WAC, Sun Belt, MAC) with the MAC having two teams in the Eastern division and two teams in the western division. Also please post a link to your application for tf.

Any coach who joins after the dynasty has started will be required to start at a school currently rated at 1* and a overall rating of 70 or less.

Current List of Teams to Choose From
    WAC
    La Tech-sodaaddict
    Idaho-Velocity3107
    New Mexico St envyzero
    Utah St-sreese

Sun Belt
    Arkansas St-quietfool
    FIU-Whygodwhy
    North Texas-mr Kasperson
    WKU-patster7

MAC
    East-closed
    Kent St-killernuts
    Miami (OH)-Korenth

WEST
    Ball St.-shibdid
    Eastern Michigan-Ryalanman

Rules for being hired/fired

After Three years at the current school, a coach may be hired to any school during the offseason that meets the following criteria.
    1. The school must have a prestige rating equal or lower than your current school
    2. The school must have had two losing seasons in the last three (.500 or less)

In the case of multiple coaches, the following will be used (in order) to determine who gets the school.
    1. Overall Win-Loss record
    2. Bowl Game record
    3. Record for just the previous season
    4. Win/Loss of bowl game during the previous season
    5. Highest achieved BCS ranking during the season
    6. Highest Current BCS ranking
    7. User-vs.-User Win-Loss Record
    8. Coin flip or other random method

Once at higher ranked schools, coaches must live up to expectations, or they may find themselves fired.
    Expectations are:
    3* schools: Receive a bowl invite once every 3 years
    4* Schools: Win a bowl game once every 3 years, OR end the season in the top 25 at least once every three years.
    5* schools: Win a bowl game once every 3 years, OR end the season in the top 25 twice out of every three years
    6* schools: Receive a BCS bowl invite once every three years

If a coach is fired for not meeting expectations, they may apply for any school that meets the above criteria with a prestige rating less than their current school.

2. Korenth

Korenth Walk On

And for those of you wrroeid about gameplay settings....

Difficulty: AA (both game and recruiting)
    Length: 7min
    Sliders: TBD
    Rosters: TBD

Planning to advance every 48-72 hours.

I've played in or ran a dynasty like this every year since the OD feature exisited..from Launch to Launch, its not uncommon to go through 8+ seasons. So while we all start off at places like Miami-Ohio or Bowling Green, theres no reason we can't all end up at top tier schools like 'Bama, Oklahoma, USC. Also to reason you can't take a school like Tulane and make Boise State's rise to power pale in comparion to your own. Tons of fun to be had...looking foward to meeting and playing against you all.

3. Patster7

Patster7 CARDSTRONG

I sent you a msg Sreese. So Im pretty excited about this league. Seems like it will be really fun.

4. sreese

sreese Walk On

Welcome patster and killernuts.

5. shibdib

shibdib In Nacho We Trust

You've got pm, love the idea of a realistic either u grow ur school or you do well enough to get hired to a bigger school.

Gonna be tough to choose between staying with the team you built or moving to greener pastures

6. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Kind of confused as to how you can move up to higher prestige schools?

7. osudds2014

osudds2014 Walk On

Yeah me too. That was my main question

8. shibdib

shibdib In Nacho We Trust

not sure if im shidbud and u just had an epic typo.. or if u havent seen my pm yet haha

9. sreese

sreese Walk On

Well over a year or 3 your teams prestige will go up according to how well you do. And as other teams lose their prestige will go down. Also not listed is a rule that you wont be allowed to go from your starting team to a bcs team without a stop somewhere else unless you stay at your school build it up after 4 or 5 years you maybe able to make a big jump. Hope this helps!

10. sreese

sreese Walk On

major typo my bad lol

11. Korenth

Korenth Walk On

Example of the above idea:
    You choose to start your coaching career at Eastern Michigan. You're there for three years and thanks to your briliant recruiting skills, a couple of bowl win, and a conference championship, E. Michaigan is now a 3* school. Sreese and I will have been tracking the performances of all the non-player schools, and release a list of schools that are hiring new coaches, ones that have had losing records and would tradtionally be lookings for a "new direction" You and other coaches would then choose which schools, if any you would want to move to. We go through the selection process listed int he first post if more than 1 coach wants to move to the same school and you get to go through the off season with your new team. You would then be unable to apply for aa new school until another three years had passed, unless you stayed with your origional school, at which point you'd be able to try to move again next year.

That help any?

12. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Yep makes sense now.

13. SodaAddict

SodaAddict Proud Hurt Locker Commish

I'm already in the Proving Grounds dynasty here, but if you can participate in 2 dynasties on this site, I am interested in being in this one. I like this type of league idea.

As far as which team, I would have to look through the play styles and such before I could let you know, but just let me know if I am in and I will get back to you asap.

14. sreese

sreese Walk On

this isnt premier so i think you are cool. send one of us a list of teams.

15. Korenth

Korenth Walk On

Don't think we're full yet..go ahead and send a team list to Sreese...hes taking care of team assignments while I'm at work today

sniped by Reese...lol

16. QuietFool

QuietFool Walk On

Just sent a PM to Reese for either Ball State or Bowling Green.

17. SodaAddict

SodaAddict Proud Hurt Locker Commish

Hmm, I guess I could give Louisiana Tech a try. I like spreading it around, so why not?

18. Patster7

Patster7 CARDSTRONG

Sreese Im in right? Just making sure..and um are you from Kentucky? I saw that..and was interested to know

19. Korenth

Korenth Walk On

I saw on the front page you're signed up to play WKU, so you shoudl be good to go...welcome to the dynasty

20. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

dropped you a PM Korenth.

21. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Just sent a PM to you sreese

22. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

also pm'ed sreese

23. sreese

sreese Walk On

Sent you a pm back. ball st was taken and mac east is closed.
    wac (need1)
    San Jose St U
    New Mexico St

Sun Belt (need2)
    Ark st.
    Fiu
    Fau
    Ul monroe

24. sreese

sreese Walk On

Mr Kasperson check your pm. you are in but just wanted to give you a choice. thanks guys.
    Looks like we need 3 more!!!

25. sreese

sreese Walk On

yea your in and im from western Kentucky. Not the university but near the mississippi river

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.