New Xbox

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by GoGators, Sep 17, 2011.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Well, I got the new xbox 360 slim yesterday. I think I worked out a pretty good deal too.

New xbox 4gb slim kinect bundle = $300
    Target issued a gift card w/purchase = ($50)

So I basically paid $250.

Then, I added the kinect which is sold for $150.

I took apart my old 20 GB hard drive and put it in the new one (easier than it looks).

So essentially, my end cost was $100 to replace my xbox. And for those that haven't tried it yet, the Kinect system is amazing!!! It's like Tom Cruise in Minority Report. The wife loves it. I'd highly recommend it for anyone with a couple extra bucks laying around.

Now I just have to decide what to do with the old xbox. Send it to microsoft to pay for it to get fixed so I can have one for another room? Or just throw it away. What can you do with a broken xbox anyways?

2. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

When my old one died, me and my dad wen't berserk on it and it was an amazing experience. I've got the old one here but it died out two years ago but i decided with my free time i'm gonna get it running again :) it's a good time. I can post pictures later so you can see how ghetto it is.

3. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

4. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I've been on the fence with the Kinect, can you tell me more about what you're playing on it? If I purchased I was thinking of doing cardio workouts with me and the lady, but how are the games?

5. GoGators

6. GoGators

We played the Dance Central demo last night. She loved it. It was pretty funny when the alcohol became mixed in. You can also look into the UFC and NFL Training Camp videos for workouts. I'm not sure what else is out there for games right now. It seems Dance Central and Kinect Sports are the two main ones that I'll probably pickup for us to goof around with. The technology of it is really impressive though. So far it seems to work really well. Just make sure you have at least 6-8 feet from your TV for you to use as an active area because the camera's need that distance to be able to pick up your whole body.

7. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Thanks, that's good to know. Unfortunately, I don't have that space in the current setup. Perhaps best for me to shelve the idea until we purchase a house and I build it into my mantown.

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

I sold mine to GameStop. They charged like 15 bucks to send it in a get refurbished...you might get around 50 out of it like I did (after the fee).

9. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

is it actually the power brick that is wrong with it?

10. Masler

Masler Moderator

Don't know. I know my xbox needed a specific power brick though, unlike they are now where they are pretty much universal