New York Giants 2013 State of the Union

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by XLenceofXQtion, Apr 19, 2011.

1. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

The New York Football Giants surprised the entire league as new head coach brought them all the way to the Superbowl and nearly the Lombardi Trophy. With such a successful season the front office saw it fitting to attempt and keep the roster together as much as possible. And we did so as every starter will be returning for another race to the superbowl.

QB – We believe in you Eli! Despite a large number of turnovers at this position, this younger Manning got the job done almost all the time.

HB – Ahman Bradshaw could be dynamite if he can remain healthy this year. Brandon Jacobs is aging, and we all hope he has enough bulldozer left in him for another season…probably his last as a Giant.

FB – Nothing really wrong with our only Fullback on the roster. Hedgecock stays healthy and does his job.

TE – Rookie no more Sanjay Nash is quite possibly the tops at his position. I would give Vernon Davis the nod over Nash though. Backing up Nash are two more than capable guys in Travis Beckum and 2nd year man Reid Smith.

WR – Potentially the best WR core in the league. Hakeem Nicks continues to be our clutch big man with great hands and route running. Victor Cruz will see an upgraded role this year with his progression, being a taller WR with the speed of a slot guy and great hands. We have been undecided throughout camp about our starter at the slot position. Smith is such a clutch WR and can run the shit out of any routes, but Manningham is so much faster…thankfully both can catch the ball. Our latest decision….We will use them both. Second round pick Jamel Bonner (Raiders took Walker right before us) will see time on the field as we will now have the means for a deadly 5WR attack. We like to show many looks from our offense and this will be another nice addition.

Offensive Line – Aging gracefully. We like our size and strength and their ability to protect our QB and make hole for our running backs.

Defensive Line – Debated on re-signing Osi Umenyiora…we did it. This solidifies this defensive scheme remaining intact. Speed on the ends with Osi and Jason. Stout in the middle.

Linebackers – All starters return and improved. MLB Jaqwaylin Lewis isn’t the biggest and certainly not the fastest, but his awareness and 99 tackle rating makes him a dependable guy. Heck our whole core isn’t very fast but we can break to the ball and tackle you.

Cornerbacks – Last season I thought this to be my Area of Weakness. My starers were getting older and slower. I drafted a rookie in Vonte Aaron who played admirably as nickelback. This year Thomas and Ross has to be re-signed as my starters and we drafted another rookie Adrian Boatwright who will be our new nickleback this year with better coverage skills than those of Aaron’s. A slight improvement…but really my Secondary overachieved last season. Can they do it again?

Safties – Solid starters in Antrel Rolle and Kenny Phillips, they definitely get the job done. We drafted Vintize Thompson in the offseason for depth to cover both positions and will have aging CB Corey Webster as depth as well.

Kicker – Was maybe looking to draft a strong legged kicker in the 3rd round, but someone beat us to it. Tynes is an ok kicker…but damn, would like to be more clutch over 50 yards.

Return game – not much of gamebreaker for us in this position last year. We used our 5th round pick to draft a guy primarily for the return game, Ty Carter. 99 OVR as a kick returner, 99 acc 91sp…we’ll see.

Overall, all of our starters are returning and we added a little depth from the draft. We were not able to make a play in FA bidding due to our cap restrictions. Only FA pickup was a new backup to Eli Manning in Tony Pike. Where do we think we stand this season? Playoffs at the least.

2. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

Nice write up. This should be an interesting season. Too bad we don't play till week 14! What kind of crap is that? Lol. By then Im sure we will both have a ton of people out with collarbone injuries lol.

3. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

[​IMG]