News - S4 - Week4

Discussion in 'TFL: League 1 Red' started by Krebstar425, Jul 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krebstar425

Krebstar425 Thee Mighty DFB

[​IMG]

Hamburg seem to be getting on track at the expense of Atletico Madrid. If it wasn't a bad enough week for the club after learning their star striker will leave for Manchester City next season, they now suffer a 4-2 loss. Nobody is arguing the result, but both sides are arguing exactly how it got that way. Atletico made comments that rubbed Hamburg the wrong way after saying they were 'robbed' after the match. Hamburg responded with the following comments.​

We played patiently, looked for openings, and converted. We had a game with good possession, shots, and shots on target.

Atletico then changed their wording, saying they were 'unlucky' to lose the match. One thing is for certain, the rematch later this year will be quite the game to see. Hamburg said that they'll see if it was a fluke when they meet again, but it's unlikely Atletico will back down at all.​

Yet another rivalry born in L1? It seems so.​

2. Krebstar425

[​IMG]

If there is one side that seems to be a bit overlooked this year, it's Bayern Munich. The perplexing bit is why are they being overlooked? Sure, they were relegated from the Premier League, but so were Atletico Madrid and Zenit St. Petersburg. This team is loaded with talent and will only get better next year. Don't believe me? How about back-to-back wins this week over Zenit and Liverpool. Bayern are serious contenders for promotion and anyone who takes them lightly will be on the end of a 2+ goal deficit. These boys are not sleepers. They're wide awake and quickly making a name for themselves in this league.​

One of the teams they defeated this week is Liverpool, who seem to be slipping into what will be an exciting relegation battle. At this point, it's almost safe to say they'll be firmly in the fight to stay alive this season, although they still are in a good position to float right above the drop given their current position. However, my money is that very soon, they'll be involved in the weekly race for 7th.​

3. Merih

Merih XBL Gamertag: Ambasa10

Small correction...that's 4 wins in a row :D

4. Dylema

Dylema Walk On

Not sure if this is news but I'm like 18-0 on fouls in these last 3 games. I had two PK's denied against Kerb and yes I've seen those given I got shoved off the ball, a ridiculous call when I won the ball in the corner against Bayern and had a scoring chance. These refs are out to get me this year, not that that's an excuse for losing games.

5. Krebstar425

I think they're out to get everyone. The standard of refereeing in the TFL is an absolute disgrace.

6. Merih

Merih XBL Gamertag: Ambasa10

At least when you got screwed in our match it didn't result in a goal...here was a clearly missed offsides where the guilty player ended up scoring for you:

7. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

wow thats a shocking decision!

8. Dylema

Dylema Walk On

True but both linesman made bad calls. You had one on the break that I'm 90% sure I stepped up in time on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.