News - Week 2

Discussion in 'TFL: League 1 Red' started by Krebstar425, May 7, 2011.

1. Krebstar425

Krebstar425 Thee Mighty DFB

[​IMG]

The dust and grass of the first week has settled and an unlikely team sit on top of the table. Istanbul BB came into this season with rather modest goals, although there were some who knew their defensive grit could land them near the top of the table. The absolute top is where they currently sit after being the only side to win both of their week one games.​

While it's still early in the season, IBB have two games this week which will test whether or not they have what it takes to win promotion this season. After favorable matches in week one, this week they're set to face Napoli and AC Milan. Napoli will definitely pose the bigger threat out of the two, but the other could be a draw.​

If IBB can muster 4 points from these two matches, they'll still be at least tied at the top of the table if one of the teams sitting at 4 points wins both of their matches. Got that?​

--​

Another team who is set to play two tough games this week is French side Lyon. They're matched up against two title contenders, Fulham and Hamburg. This is a pivotal week in which we will see if Lyon are serious about mounting a race for at 3rd place or if they'll possibly have to search for glory in the CL or EL.​

--​

While IBB have claimed the early top spot and it is a bit surprising, the others around them are no surprises at all. Benefica, Hamburg and Napoli all sit behind them with 4 points and are all expected to finish in an daround that area.​

Two of those sides have some big clashes, as previously mentioned Istanbul BB will face off against Napoli and Benefica will face off against another title challenger, Fulham.​

I expect a bit of a shakeup at the top of the table this week as the top five positions definitely could be switched around quite a bit. Expect a shuffle and possibly some signs of who are real contenders after this week.​

--​

Did anyone know there is a Spanish rivalry brewing in League One? Valencia sure do as they've been talking up their clash with Villarreal. While Villarreal have been rather quiet regarding the matter, Valencia have been itching to get this match played. It'll be interesting to see if their eagerness carries to the pitch and if they find themselves overly aggressive which could end up costing them.​

--​

Lastly, here is the table as it stands right now.​

[​IMG]

@niuhuskie224

• Like Like x 2
  2. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I had Fulham and Hamburg last week. It's a tough draw, but the nice thing about having them paired up together is that they both have similar styles. Hamburg's isn't as aggressive, but you deal with them pretty much the same way.

3. hedache

hedache Walk On

@Krebstar425 why would you post a picture of Gokhan Unal in a Kayserispor jersey, which was before he played for Istanbul BB, Fenerbahce, and Trabzonspor in the descending order. Pretty old school. Poor and discriminating TFL media coverage. This wouldn't be the case if the top team was Hamburg or Lyon, boooh :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. Krebstar425

Krebstar425 Thee Mighty DFB

If you'd like to see this team properly covered, I suggest the team provide the media department with as many images as you can. With a minimum size of 356px wide by 300px tall. This is only required by your club, as they seem to have a minimal amount of media in existence. I apologize for the mistake and will do everything in my power to make sure it never occurs again. :cool:

But really, if you have any images, send them my way. :)

5. hedache

hedache Walk On

:)
    To be honest, even I have a hard time finding something good, with knowing what I'm looking for. So I can't blame you (but I already did, didn't I?). You know I had to give you shit for that, it doesn't happen everyday. I'll try to help you out, let me know when you need something specific, I'm sure it'll be easier to find it for you.

6. elprez98

elprez98 Walk On

He probably thought it was an Istanbul BB match because of all the empty seats.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Bryan Colmenares

Bryan Colmenares Walk On

ROTFLOL xD