News - Week 9

Discussion in 'TFL: League 1 Red' started by Krebstar425, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Krebstar425

Krebstar425 Thee Mighty DFB

[​IMG]

It has returned! No, not the news, the silly season of the TFL, also known as the off-season. Okay, so we're not to the offseason quite yet, but we're in the final week. Plus, there are already rumors swirling around about possible clubs leaving and new clubs coming in. As for the absence in the news, part of that was due to the makeup games that had yet to be played. You see, the media doesn't like hypotheticals and reporting on a team moving up three places only because other sides had many makeup games just isn't any fun. However, we're looking good now, so the news.​

We start with the biggest rumors I've been able to dig up these last few weeks and that is that we'll be seeing a few clubs drop out of the TFL, only to be replaced by new ones. That is not to say we're losing owners/managers, just that their services might be used by other clubs. The first up is Olympique Lyonnais. This one is less of a rumor and more fact. The French side have struggled mightily in League One and their owner, known as Krebstar, has made it rather public that they will not be returning to the league. When asked if this meant he would be returning to his beloved club of Borussia Dortmund and bringing them along with league favorite Jürgen Klopp back into the league, he had no comment.​

Staying in Germany, there are rumblings that Hamburg may have played their last season in the league. How confident am I of the rumors? Well, that is up for you to decide. The source is decent, but it's not solid, either. Who could we see replace them? Look to France or Italy, my friends. That is also part of the not so sure rumors, but it's the best I have for now. Specifically who do I mean when I say look to France or Italy? Can't go as far as to say that yet, although Fiorentina, Udinese, Lille and Marseille are all possibilities. But you didn't hear it from me.​

Lastly, we go to Turkey. Istanbul BB have been the classic underdog this season, and they've proved that it's not all about word class talent. They've shown that teams in this league can have some success with well tuned tactics as well as well tuned skills. Manager hedache has long been linked back to his former club Galatasaray. By 'long been' I basically mean since the beginning of the season. Will he land up there? My prediction is yes. The calls for him to return have been long and loud and even though he lost control of recent transfer activity, he will return to finish what he started and that is promotion to the Premier League.​

Speaking of promotion to the premier league, it's officially been decided as to what teams will be moving up from League One. They are Napoli, Fulham and the returning AC Milan. Napoli were a preseason dark horse pick by some and they've almost captured the title. AC Milan are returning back to the Premier League after sharpening their skills in League One and Fulham have fulfilled their destiny of moving to the top flight. We wish all three the best of luck.​

So, away from facts and back to rumors. I've been sniffing around the TFL offices and there is some talk of expansion. No, not into another league, but teams. Without getting myself in too much trouble, I can say that we could have more than twenty sides playing next season. We could still be at twenty or we could have a few more. One thing is for sure, watching the league grow is a great thing.​

As for the fourth season, we're not too far away at all. I can almost confirm that the season will start on July 8th. Not 100% confirmation yet, but it was the dirt that I was able to dig up.​

Check back for some more news from this week, including more rumors, if I can dig/make some up.​

• Like Like x 6
  2. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Damn, where's all the League 1 guys??

3. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I liked it!

Fairly cut and dry. It will be interesting to see who will be the new teams selected.

4. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

[​IMG]

5. hedache

hedache Walk On

I'm curious how we will be selecting them.

6. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

yeah wait and see personally priority i think should be given based on league positions? dunno just a thought

7. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Your draft order is the table order top-down. Starting with the 3 PL teams coming down.

8. hedache

hedache Walk On

So how come League 2 gets to pick teams before we do??? Why is League 1 treated like shit. You might as well call this League 2 and put the new guys in League 1 Rich :) But on a serious note I must say I have a problem with the way draft order is going, especially after what happened last season.

9. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Good write up. Thought Liverpool would get some love after improving their form under new management. :cool:

10. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Are there L1 members that want 4 star teams? Any? Speak quickly if you do.

11. hedache

hedache Walk On

Well I want to change my team and it depends strongly on what else is going on in this league.

12. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Right now the PL is choosing teams, through PMs. When we are done, the L1 will be able to choose from the left overs. I wasn't anticipating any PL or L1 members wanting a 4 star team. But, since you brought it up, I will hold their draft and ruin the feel good draft party for the new guys so they can wait for 20 guys to himhaw over team choices.

13. Krebstar425

You wait, sir, you wait. ;)

14. hedache

hedache Walk On

I am such a party pooper am I not now? :) Living up to the expectations, being the Turk of the league. What would you guys do without me? You should treat me a lot better than you do Rich!!

15. Wick36

I'm having a difficult time deciding which team I'm going to take... thank goodness it's not my pick yet. Sevilla v Dortmund v Napoli

16. Krebstar425

Not funny! You shouldn't be able to switch if you're being promoted. Come on!

17. hedache

hedache Walk On

I will bring it up once more, Kreb is known as "THE" Dortmund guy, he can still pick it after you pick and you'll be screwed, so my suggestion is you better pick yourself another team and be safe. Weird things happen in TFL drafts ;)

18. Wick36

What's the joke? :confused:

19. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

no the 3 teams coming into div 1 pick first then us in order

20. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

I'm kidding... You are totally right. Although I wasn't anticipating people moving to 4 star, I guess its possible. We are finishing PL now and L1 is next.

21. Krebstar425

Stay away from my beloved Black Yellows. :(

22. Wick36

:cool:

23. Krebstar425

Plea
    This guy...this guy is something else. :rolleyes:

24. Wick36

They're the best overall team available atm, but I would feel a little (not too much) bad about taking them. I will probably end up picking out of a hat!

25. Krebstar425

So the team that got you promoted isn't good enough?!

Plus, they lose their best player, Sahin in FIFA 12. So there is that...