Next Advance - Wed. 1/18 @ 11PM

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by The Dude, Jan 15, 2012.

1. The Dude

The Dude Professor of Dudanomics

bdub said he was done with recruiting, so I thought we could advance a couple hours early.

If I have a number of restarts, it's because I'm simming a loss to Stanford. Like I said, I'm not walking into a title shot. That ain't right.

2. The Dude

Just thinking about this - Now that the entire Pac 12 has dropped out, should I play this one? I don't care either way. Just trying to find the best outcome for everyone. We gonna get a CPU-CPU title game?

3. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

If I win the SEC championship I think I will be in the game.

4. Goose

Goose Walk On

I say play it, haven't you played most of the ND games this season anyways?

5. bdub

bdub Walk On

Easy will be in if he beats me in the championship game.

6. The Dude

OK - Any of the non-user conferences have a shot at making the game?

I'd prefer a user-user final to a user-CPU, but I only want to be that second user, not the first user playing the CPU. It's kind of a tough call. Let's say I win - if UW wins and Easy wins, then there's no way around the user-CPU final. If I win and Easy wins and UW loses, we get our user-user final. I think. My worry is that, if I win, could I jump over Easy if he wins also? I don't think I could, since he's rated higher now and has the SEC title game he could win (though I'm guessing if bdub gets there it'll be a coin-flip). Now, if I lose and Easy loses, could anyone else make the game?

It looks like I'll be in a situation where a win could put me in the game, but only if the Pac 12 rematch goes to 'Zona, who might then jump me anyway. As long as I'm not capable of knocking out any deserving user team, I'll play. Otherwise, I'm taking my sim loss and letting things play out.

7. bdub

bdub Walk On

You should be OK playing. If UW wins and easy beats me then they play. If easy loses and you win then you will play. Not on my PS3 so can't say what would happen if zona wins but that could setup a game between you and easy.

8. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

There is one major problem with all of this. We are trying to understand the logic of a program that has proven to do things in a logic that we don't understand. The only thing to do is play and let the chips fall where they will.

• Like Like x 1
  9. The Dude

Probably right. I think this is what I'm going to do. My guess is the SEC champ plays the Pac 12 champ no matter what I do. I think I could jump a 2 loss LSU SEC champ, but all other roads lead to the SEC champ playing the Pac 12 champ, I bet. Zona wins, Zona jumps me. UW wins, they play for sure. Easy wins, there's no way I jump from #4 and unseat him at #2, so it looks like there's no way I can take a spot away from a user. I think I'm OK to play it. But if UW and/or Zona were still user teams, I wouldn't be.

10. The Dude

OK, so I played it. Won 42-17. Pitched a second half shutout after being down 14-0 in the first.

Game didn't upload.

So, I figured God wanted a sim ... so I simmed it. 52-21 good guys. Dynasty central didn't even register the second start, so I thought I'd post and let you guys know what I did.

• Like Like x 1