Next Big Stud Season 1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Cgreen214, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

Predict which recruit from season one you think will be your next stud player. Only pick one. They dont have to be instant starters could take over as a senior and break records, so pick wisely.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

[​IMG]
    Year predicted to start: As a freshman
    Even by his sophmore year I predict this guy will be a tremendous force on the defense. He can cover and he can hit hard.

3. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    I'm gonna have to go with Nate Castillo on this one, beating out Chris Dingle, Matt Scott, Joe Moore, and Lukas Johnson.

[​IMG]
    Year predicted to start: Sophomore/Junior (depending on early departures)​
    He has the look and ability of a run stuffing DT that I love to have. As I bring in players who fit my style, meaning hopefully more pass rushing DEs, a big run stuffer in the middle is huge. He's strong, has very good play recognition skills, and can get off blocks. He will see the field this year as well as a part of the DT rotation.​

• Like Like x 1
  4. chopper393

chopper393 Walk On

I couldn't decide wear to play this guy, but ultimately Greg Lacy ended up at QB.

[​IMG]

Year predicted to start: When Bennett leaves so as a RS FR or RS SO.​
    When I orginally was putting him at QB, I thought he wouldn't start at least until Bennett and Mariota were gone, however after seeing that he won't fumble like Mariota, I will be tempted to start him over Mariota upon Bennett's departure.​
    This guy will rewrite Oregon's record books, especially if he gets to start next year. He had the best speed/passing/rushing combo in his class that I had scouted.​

5. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

[​IMG]

Easily the player with the most upside from my #17 recruiting class. His talents fit my spread no-huddle run-based team perfectly. I need QBs who are fast and are athletic, and he fits that bill perfectly. He'll have time to develop as I'm redshirting him this year, then he'll sit behind Marquise Williams for two years. He probably won't start until his RS Junior year, but I'm expecting BIG things from him.

He was an awesome sleeper recruit as he was a 62 overall ATHLETE when I started scouting him. He could've lined up in the secondary and been just as effective, but he has the potential to be an awesome QB.

6. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

Gosh I have to find QBs like those two

7. UniQue2Three

UniQue2Three Walk On

[​IMG]
    I'm gonna go with DE Scott Horne as he is arguably one of the best defensive freshman in the nation. I'm hoping he wrecks havoc and breaks some records. As Goldman transferred that opened up the DE spot because Edwards Jr. moved to DT. Scott Horne has tremendous skill and will start from day 1.​

8. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

I'm scared of this guy. What a beast. This guy is gonna be 90 overall by the end of his sophomore year.

9. UniQue2Three

UniQue2Three Walk On

He woulda been even more of a beast if I red shirted him but oh well he's gonna wreck shit I hope ha

10. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

NEXT BIG STUD UPDATE
    Lynn Maddox [rolb] - 37 tackles, 14 TFL, 1 FF
    Greg Lacey [QB] - No stats/redshirted
    James Barry [QB] - No stats/redshirted
    Scott Horne [LE] - 35 tackles, 26 TFL, 20 sacks, 2 FF
    Biggest impact so far goes to Scott Horne who seems to be one of the most dominant freshman ever at the DL spot.
    Maddox had a solid, but typical freshman campaign.
    The two QBs in this group have yet to step on the field, but both should see some solid playing time this season.

11. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

After all of these graduate I can make a poll and we can vote as a dynasty on who we think made the biggest impact. If you all think about it we can also take pictures in games of these specific players and post some live game action photos in here. Also, is this something we want to do with each new recruiting class?

• Like Like x 1
  12. chopper393

chopper393 Walk On

Yes I will be highlighting one of my incoming recruits and encourage everyone else to do the same!

13. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

Ill set up a next big stud season 2 thread when we get to the preseason

• Like Like x 2
  14. chopper393

chopper393 Walk On

Greg Lacey Update (RS Freshman Season)
    QBR: 211.9 9/13 for 166yds and 2TDs and 1 Int
    Rushing: 87 carries for 714yds (8.2avg) and 6TDs

Lacey will compete for the starting job next season with Mariota. While Mariota is the superior passer, EA gave him butterfingers when it comes to holding onto the ball compared to Lacey.

• Like Like x 1
  15. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

James Barry Update:

Redshirt Freshman season -

32/52 426 yards 3 TDs/3 Ints
    37 Rushing attempts, 216 yards, 2 TDs

Marquise Williams really faltered down the stretch and there will be a definite QB competition between Barry and Williams starting in 2015. Barry is a far more superior athlete. If he has a good offseason, he could definitely be the starter for the future.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

Ill update mine later today

17. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

Lynn Maddox update:

sophmore season

Tackles: 52
    TFL: 23
    sacks: 8
    INTs: 1
    FF: 1

Maddox continues to improve and has been a force in multiple games making game changing plays when its needed the most.