Next Gen

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Glen Cieske, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

I know its very early, but is anyone planning on getting a ps4? I do plan on getting one but it wouldn't be until February/March.

I don't often get to excited about the new iterations of Madden and NCAA I've become very optimistic about what video game football could be with this interview with EA's CTO Rajat Taneja.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/2/26/4033828/playstation-4-ea-next-gen-battlefield-fifa

"eight to ten times the power" of the current generation.

and

"We no longer have to constrain our games or ration computer graphics, memory or bandwidth,"

Those lines have me willing to hope we will see more our football games with the new generation.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

I'm not entirely sure of which next gen system I will eventually get, but it will most likely not be right away. I'm more of a playstation guy, but just want to see what Microsoft can come up with before I make a decision. More importantly though, my girlfriend and I are expecting our first child this September so things will probably be different with next year's game.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

I'll definitely be getting the PS4, can't say when though. I doubt they put out NCAA 14 for it anyway, which is probably a good thing. The first installments of Madden and NCAA were terrible on XBOX 360

4. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

That is very true, I doubt NCAA will be a PS4/xbox. I wouldn't be shocked if they had a Madden though, it would help EAs sales numbers considering it would be coming out during Q4 and Madden for the ps3 would be out during Q3. I doubt it will be any good even if the new architecture of the next gen systems is easier to work with.

I hear ya, My fiance and I are getting married in June of 14 so I will have to willing for fork out some extra cash for the wedding if I want to pick up a next gen system, or put it on my gift registry lol.

• Like Like x 1
  5. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Highly doubtful I get a PS4 and I hope NCAA14 isn't even on it because I would be very tempted to get it. I will probably get one by the time NCAA15 rolls around, at which time it's less than nearly a thousand bucks.

6. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

I will eventually get a PS4 but im not going to be in a rush to get one and like someone said the first Madden and NCAA for PS3 were garbage.

7. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

It will also be tough for me to shell out the money they ask for the new system because NCAA is the only game I play consistently these days. I used to be a big COD gamer and I occasionally play Ncaa Basketball 10 (still a sweeeet game) and used to be a huge MLB The Show fan but NCAA is my real only passion these days.

8. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

I held out for a loong time before I got a PS3. I will probably wait a while for the PS4 as well.

9. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

I have a passion for NCAA and Madden because my favorite sport is football. Also cant wait for MLB 13 the show to come out. I didnt get it last year but i def get it this year

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  10. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

As long as NCAA14 is a litttttle bit better than 13 lets see how many seasons we can run before The OD file gives up lol

11. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

I with you on that. I always get ncaa/madden because it gives me that "fix" during the off-season. IMO the best sports game around is MLB the show so I will be picking it up on the 6th after work.

12. fishdock

fishdock Walk On

PS4 will only be 429 at release.

13. Antonio T.

Antonio T. Walk On

Having been a world traveler and all, if your weighing on the next gen console to get, would say PS4. Having been overseas a few times, you realize quickly what the world is playing. and worldwide, people own iPhones and play Sony PlayStation products. I'm not saying that the XBox and Andriod devices are not good, but you observe and see whats next. I was avid Android person until I got an iPhone, but after the jailbreak, i realize that there's now way I'm going back to an Android device. The same goes for PS4 and the next XBox console. But event then after NCAA 14, it will be free reign on all NCAA football games cause EA won't have the license exclusively. Can't wait to see who brings out a game comparable to EA's product. I love EA's NCAA games as much as the next person, but I saw my son playing NCAA 12 yesterday and I really couldn't tell the difference between NCAA 12 and NCAA 13. I do hope not having the exclusive license anymore will have EA step their game up some. Sorry about the rambling off-topic, but yeah get a PS4.

14. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

I highly doubt we will see a college game from some one other then EA in the years following the expiration of their exclusive agreement. Other studios would have to catch up and essentially build a game from scratch (unless its 2k which already would have a base for the game). All in all I'm glad at the prospect of their being competition for EA, even if no game comes out the fact that if enough people get fed up with EAs games, some college football fans could get funding through means such as kickstarter and make a game themselves. Hopefully that will be in the back of EAs head and they will come out with better products.

15. Rekkapryde

Rekkapryde Walk On

16. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

???

17. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I don't want to play with foreigners. 'murica!

:)

• Like Like x 1
  18. ConiglioSG

ConiglioSG Walk On

:(!

19. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Haha, I literally almost said, except ConiglioSG.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ConiglioSG

ConiglioSG Walk On

How can I trust you now! :(

21. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    The important question...how can you not?:)

Just so *I* know...you know I'm kidding right?

22. ConiglioSG

ConiglioSG Walk On

Of course Mr. Angry owner :)

• Like Like x 1
  23. ConiglioSG

ConiglioSG Walk On

o_O:wacky: o_O!!!