Next patch details

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by ThePlague0208, Aug 2, 2011.

1. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

I dont know if you guys have seen this already but I just thought I would post it.

Right here

2. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Unable to load link

3. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

4. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Works..not finding the advance anywhere feature that is supposed to be available now on the WEB OD...

5. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

these guys are unbelievable idiots. what a condescending article imo...

im guessing the advance week thing comes with the patch and he just used painful wording like the rest of the email

6. TJM

TJM Walk On

" If you are in a Dynasty or Online Dynasty you will not need to restart as long as your Dynasty is still in year one and you have not advanced past “Training Results” in the off-season. If you are before this point, the update will be applied to your existing Dynasty/Online Dynasty and the tendencies will be correct for all players going forward. If you are in year two and beyond, the tendency issue impact will be less and less as the players graduate/are cut from the rosters."

7. TJM

TJM Walk On

so i guess the tendencies for the real life players will be screwed, but at least our incoming recruits will start sorting out properly

8. vatechhokie01

really dissapointed. unbelievably painful rhetoric. and end of the month is like 30 days, lmao. no great gameplay tweaks and i wonder what the heck...

"Fixed an issue where coaches that changed jobs could get stuck in a state where they were still listed as coaching at their old school on the Players Leaving screen, leading to a Transfer Failed issue."

...this means for us. guess we rolll the dice.

9. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Agreed, poorly written....like he just got back form the dentist...

You wonder, we can put a billion dollar space station in orbit, computers to the max and a a error free video game is apparently impossible!

• Like Like x 1
  10. TJM

TJM Walk On

That sounds scary. Hopefully its not an issue that happens all the time as those of us losing our jobs or Weave taking a OC-DC job at a bigger school might crash the league.

11. vatechhokie01

and so goes playing with ea

12. vatechhokie01

anyone up for doing a little research on the crash thing? thx!

13. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

You all know games these days are "gone gold" way before they are ready.

Deadlines deadlines deadlines

14. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

What I don't understand is that a feature that is new for this years game(coaching carousel) and a big selling point for this years game, is possibly broken.

What's up with that?

15. TJM

TJM Walk On

Not to scare anyone but doing some research on the CC issue:

"basically, our online dynasty is stuck. We don't know if it's because someone was fired (one of our owners got fired), or if this is happening to every online dynasty (we've seen this around the internet), but it looks to be a huge bug to where we cannot advance past "coach changes" in the offseason.

This is most likely only an online issue, because offline coaching carousel is a real time event, but online it cannot be a real time event. I hope this is fixed within a week or so, but I'm starting to doubt it. If this must result in a patch, than we could be waiting quite a while for this to get fixed. If it's not repaired, I am definantly taking this damn game back. "http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football/495030-coaching-carousel-broken.html

16. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

can you save the file hoke so that if we get stuck...we can just revert back to it?

this isnt possible is it?

17. TJM

TJM Walk On

After some more research on the issue, if anyone switches jobs, then the dynasty will be locked up (or the player will be locked out I guess too). Issue is still on-going and it happens to anyone in online dynasty, whether its 1 person or 12. Seems it is a sure thing to happen if any of us change jobs, this includes any of us that are on 1 year contracts and try to extend it with the school.

18. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Is this happening to "all" online dynasties or just a select few?

19. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

How many reports have you found?

20. vatechhokie01

i understand differnt. know that it was if the commish got fired the dynasty locked, but they corrected that. sounds like "some" get locked up now for changes, but some have success.

21. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

'As PFC Frost says "I'm telling you man I've got a bad feeling about this drop"

name that movie

22. TJM

TJM Walk On

just do a google search for "coaching carousel transfer failed" you will find plenty of reports. Supposedly they did some server side fixes for this issue, but there are still reports that this is an issue for online dynasties where anyone messes with contracts/moving schools. Not sure if its just an Xbox or PS3 problem.

23. TJM

TJM Walk On

Aliens?

24. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

should we set up a dummy O.D. and run through a season to see what happens?

25. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

has anyone simmed an online dynasty to go through to CC and switched jobs? Does it work?

And yes T Aliens is right answer ding ding ding