Next Season - Carousel

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by AndyVanSlyke, Aug 24, 2011.

1. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

Alright guys -

Some of you have expiring contracts this season.
    Those of you on your final years, will you get retained? what do you think?
    Who here wants to stay at their school and build it up?
    Who is counting down the moments till they get out of town and onto a new campus?
    Any semi big jobs that you would like?

Lets get some conversation going.

2. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

I am on my last year, sitting at 52 percent and I should reach all my goals but one and that one has no negative effect. So I would assume they will retain me. I am not leaving unless I get a HC job at any BCS school or like a TCU or Boise St sorta of thing. I would take an OC job at Penn State or Oregon, thats about it.

3. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

counting down the moments. hate washington state and hate coordinating. not even sure i want the wash st job although clearly i wouldnt turn it down. but for some reason, i have ZERO affinity for the school.

im secretly hoping UNLV wants me back. i'd say f-you, accept the job, then rebuild the whole program. they are terrible without me. more terrible than when i was there.

4. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

I'm doing pretty good approval wise and I'm in a contract year. I plan on staying at SJSU for at least a few more seasons to see some of my recruits graduate and make this program something its never been. Basically, I'm going to put San Jose on the map come hell or high water.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

My recruits know the truth. I'm leaving on that first big BCS bird out of town.

No wonder it takes forever to sign a player.

• Like Like x 2
  6. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

47% year two...thats after the loss to NT and before the loss to FI!....figure I can hang in there one more year if I pick up two more wins....3-5 at this pt.

7. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

Im starting to enjoy kicking ass in the MWC. The only thing that might interest me would be the chance to kick some ass in the Pac-12.

8. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

or you could just reword that and say :

The only thing that might interest me would be to run away from SJSU and go to the Pac-12. Either way though same thing;)

9. TJM

TJM Walk On

I might end up where I was last year, with some tough opponents for the final games. If something good comes up or if I am not rehired I will prob stay at Tulane. I think it will be more fun to build up a program instead of taking over an established one.

10. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Take WKU for a day and see how much we are having!.....we are even looking at a new offensive coordinator from WSU.....Heath???....guy with the bushy eyebrows....always looking up??...yeah that guy.....hoping he comes on as a volunteer, money is tight!