Next Season = the season of reckoning

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Hellisan, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Next Season = the season of reckoning

It's gonna be tough sledding for some teams in the Tradition next season. all of the original players are completely gone, and therefore your recruiting ability is going to literally start to dictate how well games turn out unless there is some overwhelming difference in gaming ability which is rare in our league.

I don't have the time to go team by team, but as an example I'll look at my biggest rival, Georgia Tech. let's look at his team next year.

QB: Luallen is gone. He hasn't signed a quarterback yet, and I don't think there are any true stud starting quality QBs left anywhere to be found. So let's see.... Jeremy Cooke or Andy Jones? Jones has the speed but you dont' want this guy to get hit because he has a shit carry rating, and he has no accuracy. I'm guessing its Cooke, who might be immobile but I guarantee Ga Tech can throw for 5,000 yards with this guy since they won't have a running game. Still he'll be a sitting duck back there with absolutely no escapability and a running game we'll examine next.

HB/FB: At least they signed a FB this season, we'll see if he's any good but the real issue is the backs. He is desperately trying to take advantage of the Miami situation by coming up with Richard Smith, a very solid back. They already have a Richard Smith but I think this guy's better. Orwin Smith and Garrett are gone, so whatever happens, production will likely decrease bigtime. It's gonna be all about the passing game. Look for both passing yards, but also interceptions and sacks, to increase significantly.

WR/TE: They lose a couple of guys. Stephen Hill being hurt all year is something that I'm surprised they overcame, at least up till this point. He'll be gone for good, but overall this unit really will be slightly improved.

OL: Young and reasonably talented. They should be improved next year, quite a bit in fact.

DL: Emmanuel Dieke is a huge loss, but Marcus Gunn will step right in. But NOBODY is going to be able to replace JC lanier. Brooks is strong, but too slow to be a true impact guy.

LB: The outside backers should be o.k., they're young and have decent talent here. The middle is where it looks fucking UGLY. Brandon Watts is gonna be gone. Freshmen Jonathan Webb would need to improve at least 5 points to be considered even a reasonably good starter. None of the OLB look like they'll be a force in the middle if they were moved. Does he have anybody up his sleeve in this class? We'll see.

CB: All the best guys are back.

S: FS Will never be an issue for them, they just take a big fast guy and he wins the thorpe. No issue. SS will also be alright.

Overall outlook: They appear to be headed toward being completely one dimensional on offense, and weak against the run on defense. thank God he's the best passer in T1.

2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Yes Cooke will be the starter. I'll be a sitting duck back there lol. I hopefully will have the Richard smith duo in the backfield and signing that FB is good because he's a good blocker. AT WR, Joe West has been huge this year. He's a big physically guy who can take the hits. I forget the other WR's I have but that Edwards kid I got I do not want starting! Shaun Brown will be back as well. TE I'll likely have 2 more big TE's who are versatile as well. I'm only worried about the skill positions at WR and RB while my sacks should be down. My secondary should be stellar though.

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Not by much!!!:mad:

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Haha you do it against the cpu...

5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

My user opponents would disagree wit your statement...

6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Meh, you get 70% of your yards throwing to a tight end. Not trying to insult you but Mo's legit with the passing.

7. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Keep going......another incorrect statement.....JuJu had 4500 yards last year and 1200 were to Logan. thats 25%.

Just put Georgia on my schedule.......Ill score 35+ and you will score 36+....that's the problem!(n)

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

LOL... Nah it's like 70%

9. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

BTW we are going to have a blast on the Ring tonite.......cya ya thr.....oh yeah I forgot!:p

10. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Now you're hitting below the belt.

11. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

The elephant in the room this year is INJURIES. That's when the makeup of our squads shine through IMO. I lost the best player on my team for 8+ weeks and it has made me completely change up my gameplan. And just when Clancy is set to come back, I lose his backup (who's rushed for 1200 yards this year) for 6 weeks to a torn pectoral.

So to all you freaks out there, watch your depth--it WILL bite you in the ass if you slack on it! I'm just hoping this bad luck now makes the Injury Gods will be compassionate in the future.

12. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    It's more of the timing of the pass.

One play against Bruce I threaded the needle to my #1wr who was surrounded by 4 vols. I love the speed of the game. I feel like a real QB out there. Now imagine in madden that slow speed. I do so bad in that game for some reason it's not even funny.