Next Season

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Shaun Mason, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Next Season

Guys,

I am just throwing this out there. I know that the no-huddle is basically off limits here for various reasons, but with the prevelance of the no-huddle in college football I have a question:

Since I am running the fleXbox One, would anyone be opposed to me toying with a no-huddle variant of the fleXbox One? For the people who have played as the flex, you know there aren't a TON of options in the offense, so I am looking for a way to add a new wrinkle.

The reason I want to use the no-huddle is that it will give me more time to react to the defensive alignment. Right now it is hard to exploit the line techniques in an appropriate way calling plays then coming to the line and making adjustments.

Anyway, I may not do it even if there is no opposition, I need to play with it offline, but I thought I would throw it out there for discussion.:)

2. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

With GT, I understand where we you are coming from.

3. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Having played a couple fleXbox One teams, I understand what you mean too. I am not opposed to this at all.

4. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

I wouldn't have a problem with it as long as you allowed a good amount of time for the defense to called audibles and you didn't audible out of the fleXbox One formation.

5. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Raz,

Flex is all Army has.:) It's all just variations of Flex.

Now, with tOSU in the West, I have changed to Air Force which is spread combined with flex. I could understand your concern with the audibles.

Anyway, I played Suge last night with the Air Force play book and scored 55 points, throwing the ball I think 9 times.

Pryor had 100+ so did Herron. I think I had 9 first downs to Suge's 24 because I scored about the first play from scrimmage each drive. Suge was lost how to stop it. That said, he passed for 400+ yards on me and made it a game. Denard Robinson was running around like a maniac.

I hope Denard Robinson transfers to Army in the E-League.:)

6. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Heh. I doubt that'll happen this year. Thanx to a freakin' injury, all 3 of my quarterbacks have played enough to be listed amongst the league leaders (which requires a minimum number of pass attempts of course).

7. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Maybe he is tired of sharing the spotlight.:)

8. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

For the record, I'm against the idea of no huddle for any teams outside of the already allowed times (2 mins left in half, down in 4th quarter).

Most of the time it does nothing to give you more time / save time. You get to the line slower in most cases than if you go into the huddle and call a quick play. All it does is keep the same defensive package out on the field (which can be a big offensive advantage).

I don't think the fleXbox One requires additional advantages this year. It seems to be pretty powerful from what I've experienced and read.

9. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I play the fleXbox One with CSU and I don't know why you'd need to go no huddle with it if you have properly chosen audibles (which you'd need even more if you went no huddle). Also, while the fleXbox One playbooks are all fleXbox One, there's still a big difference between the 1 TE/3RB sets and the 2RB/3WR sets. Going from something like the 1st set and then no huddling to the latter one would definitely give the offense an advantage, and I agree with Daz that the fleXbox One probably doesn't need advantages with its revamp.