Next years recruiting

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Colemanchu, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Next years recruiting

Trying to see what you all think about the set up we have now and/if we should change it up for next season.
    Option 1- Keep it the same with 1 5 star, 7 four stars plus bonus recruits.
    Option 2- We still limit the total number of recruits you can have as well as number of 5 stars, more than 1 though, but get rid of bonus recruits.
    Option 3- Your idea, lets hear it

I need all you guys to post what you like for recruiting. Im also going to boost user games next year and make a few more changes that I think will make things even more enjoyable for the league.

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

Maybe increase the number of 5 stars to 2 or 3 and only have the celeb recruits the bonus ones. Also have some stuff like if you make all your user games, no rule violations, win your bowl, win the national champ game...stuff like that should earn like an extra 4 star or 5 star. All these things would go into effect following the season, that goes without saying really. All at the same time staying within your roster limit.

3. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

1. No rules. Just roster limit, don't go over 70 or 71.

2. 2 5 star with bonus recruits, like masler mentioned.

4. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I say go with Masler's suggestion. Get rid of bonus recruits except for top 3 players and increase limit of 5 star players to 2 or 3. 8-10 4 star should be plenty and rest would have to be 3-star or lower.

As for earning extra recruits, I like the idea but it could be tough to track. I know it has caused some confusion at The Rivalry. Commissioner in that league decided to scrap limits and just go with roster size as only requirement.

5. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I like that everyone can go after the Top 3. Maybe expand it to the Top 5 limit your 5 stars to 3 not including the top 5. As far as 4 stars, maybe change it up a little like 1/2 of your leaving seniors (round odd number up).

Scenario:

A team has 17 seniors leaving = you can recruit 9 :4stars: recruits

Your recruiting class could look like this:

4 :5stars: (1 celeb top 5 recruit)

9 :4stars:

4 :3stars: or lower

17 total recruits (Assuming team 70 players that season)

What about players leaving early? Are we allowed an extra 4 or 5 star if a key player leaves?

Also as far as another bonus maybe add another 4 star to a teams amount of allowed 4 stars if they win their bowl game.

6. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Id go with top 3 and 2-3 5 star limit and the 7 for the 4 stars

7. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

I'd like top 3 as only bonus recruits, jump the 5 stars to 2 or 3 and the 4 stars at 7 - 8. Right now it is too damn confusing keeping track from week to week if a 4 star guy that I recruited was a multiple of 10 so I don't have to count him toward my limit.
    The holding calls seem to be a bit aggressive as well and the kick sensitivity seems very touchy on field goals and extra points.

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

yea last night I had three holding calls all in the first drive..