Next Year's Wish List

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

OK, here's my goal:

Each year, I want to find something new that works. I don't want to add any work for you guys, but I want to add some bit of interesting content. This year, we had the StatWatch, which I think works pretty well. Guys seem to like it.

What can we do now? Is there a way to jazz up the blogs and make them something we post in more often? Should one guy do a weekly conference update maybe?

Let's get creative. I want to give us something new and cool, but do so without burning anyone out. I'm all about making things easy in the bottom half of the year. I want all of us to start next year's game together, and you'll see the leagues with heavy demands going bye-bye here soon.

So throw out some ideas. Easy, fun, new. That's what I want.

Thanks,

AG

2. thatguy188

thatguy188 You know ... THAT guy.

3. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I like them, too. Thing is, leagues that demand high content output from their members usually suffer a lot of turnover. In the first few months after release, guys are pretty good about it, but in the second half of the year, it usually becomes something that, if required and harped on, makes guys quit. Taking shots of the box score is about as easy as it gets, and guys are keeping up with that. If we could find a good way to add to that, or a way to stir up chatter among the conferences, I think that might add a little something, and do it in a way that doesn't feel forced.

I kind of figured that any increased content going forward would probably have to come from me. Guys aren't going to do it, and I'm not going to be one of those pushy guys who ends up hurting more than helping. Volunteers for any kind of weekly anything would be great, but I don't think anyone should feel obligated. Just post. That's all I really need. If the post count keeps climbing, we have a good shot at going premiere when the next release comes out. If I keep you guys happy and playing (and posting), that should happen.

Right now, I'm thinking of adding a conference "Week in Review" post to the conference blogs, one conference per week. It'll be a way to keep guys informed on the races outside of their own, and it might stir up some chatter and a little anticipation for upcoming games. That's about all I have in the pipeline at the moment, so I welcome any and all suggestions.

4. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

Rig the system so I get some good recruits ;)

5. bdub

bdub Walk On

I really like this idea Arch. Its sometimes hard to keep track of whats going on in the other conferences, so this would be a great way to keep everyone up to date. Each person in each conference could trade off doing a weekly update. That way people don't get burned out as easily.