NextFL 2013 First Quarter Report

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by The Richuation, Dec 19, 2013.

1. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

image.jpg
    image.jpg

Passing Leaders
    (Top 5 should be ignored, site glitch)
    image.jpg

Rushing Leaders
    image.jpg

WR Leaders
    image.jpg

TE Leaders
    image.jpg

NextFL

• Like Like x 3
  2. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

Schaub 4000 yards?? glitch? Lol.

EDIT: nevermind, im assuming those were stats from 2013.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  3. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

And I see the CPU Rams have really been holding it down without me....

4. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

The top 5 passers are glitched on site. Passing leaders actually start at Matt ryan

5. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Should frame that shit and send it to Weeden , only way he ever is top 5 lol

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Can't remember the last time I lost 4 in a row in a league (1 was a sim, but still). Sigh. At least its sim.

7. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

I wonder if Run DMC will top 3000 yards?

8. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I certainly hope not. Of course, not giving him 25 carries a game would help. It's obvious from these stats I need to increase the difficulty of running the ball.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I think so , a good back plus a good user = silly stats. When Baron and I played he had about 138 yards in the first quarter , I feel like he took his foot off the gas then to avoid 500 yard rushing day and ended up losing. I won't rush for 100 all year if you change it but I'd rather suffer than see 2500 yards backs lol.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Ive only had one game of running success and it was super laggy.

11. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Yes, i've mentioned in the slider thread, tackling needs to go way up. run blocking should be decreased as well, the WR on the outside block the hell out of the CB, so once you get past the LOS, peace out because no run support on inside runs and definitely not outside support.

Dont worry about having dmac break any records, i've set record pace with dmac in pretty much every season in TLY in m13 and m25, i limit him and bench him towards the end of the season or he gets hurt. i've done it every season and never actually went over 2k yards if i recall and end up not even winning the rushing title.

Also, if not both coverage/reaction, at least pass reaction needs to be bumped. after a pass is caught, defenders dont react and just led the receiver run by initially and you have to catch up after the wr runs 5 more yards.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  12. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

I struggle running the ball as is....don't touch the sliders just yet!!!!!!!!!! :confused:

• Like Like x 2
  13. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

top 10 YPC - looks legit :eek:

yards rushes YPC
    750 102 7.35
    630 77 8.18
    548 98 5.59
    539 87 6.20
    449 89 5.04
    424 76 5.58
    417 108 3.86
    393 107 3.67
    362 83 4.36
    348 76 4.58

14. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Apologies to MoonBBad , getting more than 2 wins with the Skins is actually super impressive. Haha.

• Like Like x 2
  15. publik drunk

publik drunk King of the East

Doesn't appear tackling is the problem if the YAC stat is correct. Last year nearly half of AP yards were after contact. Only one in the top 10 is close to that. IMO looking at the stats run blocking is too high, even though im struggling running the ball myself

16. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

in my testing in the current madden, tackling improved shedding and pursuit and not just making tackles.

Now this is assuming the slider works the same way next gen which i would assume it does.

In my testing, I used one stretch play since stretch plays are probably the best run play in the game IMO, and used a 4-3 stack man and cover 2 zone defense. Ran it 10 times each time against a man and zone defensive play.

It was a very simple, but extreme test where i would test 0 tackling and 100 tackling so i could clearly see if there was a difference. Whether zone or man tackling, on 0 tackling, tackling and pursuit sucked. I believe my testing out of 10 straight runs 7 were 10 yards plus and 4 of them TDs on average, some of those the RB was untouched.

At 100 tackling, using the same zone and man plays i think only 1 or 2 of them ended being a 10 yard run with no TDs.

Every other slider was on default, i only changed the tackling slider so everything was the same. Now i didn't do this test on nextgen, nextgen defense is better than current gen no question, but running needs to be difficult, it needs to be hard to get 4 yards a carry. This is why imo, tackling needs to increase and run block decrease. At what level, not sure.

• Like Like x 2
  17. publik drunk

Wasn't thinking of it from pursuit angles so that is very interesting. It just goes to show that no matter what sliders we increase or decrease their will be no perfect solution we can only attempt to make it close.

18. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

my test is only one test and it was as simple as can be. Would be nice if others can take some time to test as well just to see other perspectives, but i agree, is there a simple solution ? No, but i know that running should be hard and getting huge plays should be harder, not in this game. At least we can try to get it close to realism the probelm is, if the game is too hard, will it turn people off? Probably, not me, harder the better.

19. publik drunk

Yeah I agree, would just hate to go the other direction where guys with power backs cant run at all because tackles arent broken.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

Chalk up another L in Tennessee had a solid game plan but Alex Smith did his best impression of Michael Vick and worked dat Read Option to perfection :eek:

21. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Did he keep the ball?

Did he use the triple option?

22. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

Haha yea he did ran for almost 150 on 6-7 carries...and no he didnt lol

23. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

By the way, I posted this to trigger some discussion about the season, not critique the sliders.

• Like Like x 1
  24. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  25. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I thought the point of any discussion was to annoy Shaun :D

How are we 4 games in with such lack of content :( I this isn't a PL but dang !

• Like Like x 1