NextFL 2014 Game of the Week

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Masler, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

In an attempt to generate some content in the league and maybe even get a little discussion going I am starting a game of the week where I will spotlight two teams. Starting with Week 5...

NYG vs DAl.PNG

Ah yes. Both teams have gotten off to a very rough start on the season. What a better game to focus on than the one where someone will finally get one in the W column. While both teams can't really say their seasons are over yet, it will be an uphill battle from here on out with the winner of this one another step closer to a better season.

The Matchup

Both teams have virtually no offense with a staggering 43 turnovers between the two teams. This is going to be a defensive battle right down to the end. And when you compare the two D's it looks like they are somewhat evenly matched. The Giants have held their opponents to less total yards than Dallas but the Cowboys are showing they generate more turnovers than New York. The major difference is that New York has allowed much less rushing yards than Dallas, 389 vs 846. If the Giants pound the rock they will be coming away as victors of this matchup, because if they continue to pass at the rate Manning is going (1 TD, 15 INT) they will topple George Blanda's 1962 record of most INT's thrown in a season (42).

Prediction

I think the Giants take this one home, we have a slightly inexperienced coach that just joined us in Dallas. BUT the Giants need to pound. the. rock. Good luck to you both.

• Like Like x 7
  2. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

I think they played last night, haven't looked at the score yet, but I'm going to say my boy PIG BOMB , really bombs this and chucks 3 INTs en route to 0-5 for the ole boys from Dallas....

3. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

I like the Giants in this one... He had me on the ropes the whole game... the balanced attack and running game was hurting me. But, as usual... its all about taking care of the ball...

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  4. Masler

Masler Moderator

This is for Week 5, they couldn't have played.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I would prefer if they both lost =]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Gotta go Giants here

7. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig

8. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

Cowboys have made some roster changes this week, picking up several free agents along with making some philosophical changes.
    Look for the Boys to get it done against the Giants!!

9. UniQue2Three

UniQue2Three Walk On

Ima go with them boys

10. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

I am a Cowboys fan and will pick the Vagiants. You just don't trade one of your best players on the team to suck even more.

11. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

I'm honestly not a fan of the trade either.

Giants win this one.

12. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

COWBOYS 34-17 WIN

13. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

NOPE-- i was too focused on Dez in the passing game-- now we are a TEAM... 1st 100 rusher of the year and we had 4 guys we at least 3 catches and nobody with more than 5... i just throw to whoever is open - no more forcing it to our "star" :)

COWBOYS 34-17 WIN

• Like Like x 1
  14. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

there you go!! my man

COWBOYS 34-17 WIN

15. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

you got it

COWBOYS 34-17 WIN

16. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

NOPE-- Cowboys finally got their shit together!!
    COWBOYS 34-17 WIN

• Like Like x 1
  17. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

NOPE-- Cowboys wake the fuck up and play a good one.

COWBOYS 34-17 WIN

18. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

PIG BOMB - Taking down the haters!!!

This is the embodiment of a Jerry team. I love it.

19. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

20. Masler

Masler Moderator

Week 6

SFvsSEA.PNG

The NFC West has had a great start to the season overall as the division has gone 12-4. The 49ers have dropped two straight while the Seahawks have dropped their first game. This has allowed the Rams to take the division lead. It is a battle for second place (for now)!

The Matchup

This is going to be a high scoring game, both offenses have 2000 yards overall or more. The Seahawks take better care of the ball with just 13 turnovers to the 49ers' twenty. When it all comes down to it though, the 49ers are better defensively. They have given up just over 1300 yards of offense while the 'Hawks have given up nearly 2000. The Niners also have 23 takeaways to Seattles 13. Two very strong offenses going to at it but only one very strong defense.

Prediction

Like I said above, both teams are looking to explode on offense but in the end I think the Niners defense makes just a couple more crucial plays than the Seahawks and take the win. Good luck as always gentlemen.​

• Like Like x 6
  21. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

Looks like moon will be on vaca for this one. I'm going 49ers 57-0.

• Like Like x 2
  22. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

I will be around for this one. Out next week for kasper.

• Like Like x 1
  23. LSUWhoDat78

LSUWhoDat78 Walk On

Season series split! Giants exact a little revenge 2 weeks later. 24-17.
    (y)

24. Masler

Masler Moderator

PHIBUF.PNG

This has the makings of a good game. Both solid teams with solid records. Looking at stats they are damn near identical as well.

The Matchup

Offensivley the Bills have ony gained 8 more total yards than the Eagles but Philly has managed to score a bit more than the Bills. Buffalo did end one game in a tie this season and that could be a lack of offense in that game, at least when it mattered. When it comes to turnovers, Buffalo takes care of the ball slightly better than Philly while on defense the Bills also take the ball away more. But again, outside of these factors these teams are mirrors of each other.

The Prediction

I think the Bills ability to limit turnovers as well as create them win this one for them. Good luck gentlemen. ​

• Like Like x 2
  25. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

In what SHOULD have been the game of the week, the 7-1 Chiefs fell to the 6-2 Vikings.