NFC Division Round: Week 1 rematch goes Panthers way

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by ncsu12ddr, Oct 29, 2013.

1. ncsu12ddr

ncsu12ddr Walk On

The Panthers have advanced to the NFC Championship game for the 4th time in franchise history. A game that initially had some internet issues that were finally resolved and lead to a Panthers victory. The running game for Carolina lead the way and the secondary was able to grab 4 interceptions which helped the Panthers get the win.

Good game LtJustice look forward to playing you in season 3 hopefully.

2. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

I have to admit, I'm a little disappointed if this is a recap for a playoff game, particularly with what was on the line. Any specific details that you can provide from your game? A basic rundown of what transpired? Any plays that stand out? Why was your secondary so successful? When did you know that the game was in hand?

• Like Like x 2
  3. ncsu12ddr

ncsu12ddr Walk On

Sorry CHUNKNESS it was late and I was tired when I wrote that. If I remember correctly it was a close game through 3 quarters and the Panthers didn't really begin to take a lead until the 4th. One of the bigger plays was a play on one of my scoring drives. DeAngelo Williams fumbled the ball after a nice run and Greg Olsen was able to recover the fumble. The second fumble recovery he has gotten in the playoffs. If that fumble had gone the other way the game could have also easily gone the other way.

4. ncsu12ddr

ncsu12ddr Walk On

Ok, here goes my attempt to recap the game.

After an opening 3 and out from the Seahawks the Panthers drove down the field to the 1 yard line only to be stuffed at the goalline and have to settle for a field goal. On the next possession the Seahawks capitalized on a 3rd and inches with a long TD pass to Percy Harvin after the Panthers thought it was going to be a run play. After another long drive that ended in another field goal the Panthers picked off Russell Wilson putting the Panthers on the Seahawks 25 yard line. On the next play Cam Newton threw an interception that put the Seahawks on their own 10. The Hawks were then able to march all the way down the field and score a TD to go up 14 - 6 at the half. At the start of the second half Cam Newton lead the Panthers down the field and threw a great pass down the seam to Greg Olsen for the TD. Olsen also caught the 2 point conversion to tie the game at 14. After forcing the Seahawks to punt the Panthers drove down the field and again found themselves on the goalline. This time Cam Newton was able to hit Greg Olsen on a crossing route on the left side of the endzone to put the Panthers up by a TD. This was the drive that DeAngelo fumbled on. After a Russell Wilson interception on the following drive the Panthers were able to run the ball into the endzone on a pitch play to DeAngelo Williams. After another interception the Panthers kicked a field goal to make it a 17 point lead and they were able to pick off Russell Wilson one more time on a long pass down the field.

The game ball goes to every player that made an interception for keeping the ball out of Wilson's hands.

• Like Like x 1