NFC East Blog

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Kasper, Aug 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

All NFC East related content will go here.

2. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Dallas Cowboys Google Domain
    Depth Chart-

Stats-

3. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Dallas Cowboys season Preview

QB
    The Cowboys have decided to only keep 2 QB's on the roster as they made the decision to add depth elsewhere. Tony Romo enter's his 7th year as starting QB and looks to prove his doubters wrong with a strong season. The cowboys brought in Brandon Weeden to be his backup and that should be enough to prove the Cowboys believe all is well with Romo's off-season back surgery.
    RB
    Demarco Murray leads a stable of 4 hb's into the year. While Murray will get the bulk of the carries look for the cowboys to use Dunbar and Randle throughout the season. The Cowboys like Dunbar as their change of pace back and he his quicker and little more agile, while they really like Randle as a receiver out of the backfield and his pass protection. Ryan Willams might not see a lot of action in games, but is here in case dunbar or murray go down.

WR/TE
    Get ready to put the X up as this is the Dez Bryant show and he has invited you all to sit down and watch. With Dez taking up most of the attention the cowboys will look for Terrance Williams to build off his rookie year and become the #2 that Miles Austin Couldn't be. Beasley and Harris will man the slots. Jason Witten is Romo's best friend for a reason and will look to continue HOF career. James Hanna and Gavin Escobar will both get playing time as the #2 TE.

OL
    The cowboys oline is young and talented with 3 of the being the cowboys 1st rd picks in the last 3 of 4 drafts. The group is lead by probaby the best young LT in the league Tyron Smith. Doug Free will look to keep his job at right tackle and keep Martin at RG, but the coaching staff seems happy with line right now.

DL
    Henry Melton and Anthony Spencer are the best players in this group, but both sat out last yr due to injury. The Cowboys replace Ware with another Demarcus in Demarcus Lawrence who owner Ben James overly hyped with what he has seen so far in practice. The cowboys might not have the best depth on the line in terms of talent, but i think it will surprise people this year.

LB
    Carter, Lee, and Durant make for decent starting crew, but this is a position of worry. If any of the 3 go down for a extended period of time the Boys will be in trouble. The depth quality is probably the worst on the team and the group is really young. Hopefully the training staff can keep everyone healthy.

CB
    With the signing of Jabari Greer the unit becomes one of the stronger units on the team. With Claiborne and scandrick in the slots it should make Qb's sweat when throwing anywhere on the field. Owner James has made sure they will play a defense to their strengths instead of trying to make them something they are not.

S
    Church and Wilcox will hopefully make a great tandem for years to come. In order for that to happen Wilcox will have to put some extra time on the practice field. The one thing this unit will do though is put a hit on someone.

• Like Like x 1
  4. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

*Breaking News*
    Dallas Cowboys and LT Tyron Smith have come to terms on a 4 yr extension worth 44.03M with a 11.2 signing bonus. When reached for comment Owner Ben James told reporters "We feel Tyron is one of the future keys to success for the Dallas Cowboys. It was in my best interest if i want to build this team to a contender to get him locked up early." James now has to look at Bryant and Murray who become free agents this offseason.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Feel free to let Dez become a free agent :)

6. Kevin Gomez

Kevin Gomez Walk On

Week 1
    Redskins: 32 Texans: 6
    Redskins dominated the Texans defensively, picking off Ryan Mallet four times, including taking one to the house.
    RG3 played consistent and the offense was able to remain on cruise control throughout the game.
    [​IMG]

7. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

*breaking news*
    Dallas Cowboys have announced they and WR Dez Bryant have come to a agreement on a 4 yr extension worth 52 million. Dez Bryant was a big part of the Cowboys win against the 49ers. When reached for agreement Dez Bryant told reporters "I just so happy this is over man. I love this team and this city I couldn't think of playing without the Star on my helmet. Ben has shown a lot of faith in me and i am going to everything in my power to earn it starting sunday. The Titans better be ready because the are about to be X'ed out"

8. Italian23beast

Italian23beast Walk On

Gmen beat the Falcons on a last second 59 yard field goal!
    No Passing touchdowns in this game, all rushing
    Rashad Jenning Led with 127 rushing yards on 18 attemps
    Eli Manning led the game with 247 Passing Yards
    Victor Cruz led the game in recieving yard with 96 on 6 receptions
    John Brown made 3-4 of his field goal attempts (All Over 50 Yards)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.