NFC Midseason Contenders

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Bluebean, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Bluebean

Bluebean Kansas City Chiefs

NFC Midseason Contenders

The first edition of Bluebean's Playoff Bubble will be published sometime in the next couple of weeks and we should have plenty to talk about with all of the competition in the NFC this season. Only the New Orleans Saints at 7-1 and the Philadelphia Eagles at 6-1 have separated themselves from the 10 teams with 3 or 4 losses in the NFC. Will any of these middle of the pack teams emerge and challenge the top 2 current seeds in the NFC? Let's take a look at the NFC standings.

Division Leaders:

1. (7-1) New Orleans Saints.. Nate has wheeled and dealed over three seasons to build this team to fit his style and nobody has slowed him down.

2. (6-1) Philadelphia Eagles.. Vishal is consistent and has HB Reggie Bush ranked 5th in rushing and a quick defense playing well right now.

3. (5-3) Arizona Cardinals.. PBates has HB Bjoern Mason on pace for a 1,920 yard season and a stingy defense to go along with his style.

4. (4-4) Detroit Lions.. Steven played well in Cincinatti and is capable of beating anyone but just hasn't shown consistency yet.

Wildcard Contenders:

5. (6-3) St. Louis Rams.. Bluebean's second half schedule looks like a playoff schedule and we'll see what the Rams are all about.

6. (5-3) Washington Redskins.. We'll see if the 2-time defending OMFL Champion has enough to propel the Redskins from 0-16 to a playoff berth. His next 5 games are very winnable against the Dolphins, Packers, Jets, Seahawks, and Buccaneers.

7. (4-3) Dallas Cowboys.. Wajo started the season 4-1. After consecutive losses to the Pats and 49ers, he is reeling a bit and faces the Eagles in 2 of his next 4 games.

8. (4-3) San Francisco 49ers.. The defending NFC Champs started the season 0-2 but won 4 of their last 5. They will be favored in 4 of their next 5 also with the Seahawks, Bears, Eagles, Browns, and Steelers looming.

Other Notables:

Emmdot's Vikings are 3-4 and Chrisdstan's Bears are 3-4 and just a half game out of first place in the NFC North. These guys' best shot at a playoff berth will probably be to win the division; but it's still early yet.

SHuffman's Falcons are 3-5 and Claven's Panthers are 3-4 and need to put together a nice win streak to get back in the mix of the wildcard picture

Rest of the NFC:

Packers (2-5).. Jethro is alive in the North
    Buccaneers (2-5).. PittRocks hangs tough with the Bucs
    Giants (2-6).. Cimmy is a much better player than this
    Seahawks (0-7).. Bamagrad will not be last in Madden 11, Guaranteed

2. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Great job Bluebean, nice write up.

3. Big D

Big D Walk On

Rock on bluebean! Nicely done. I agree pretty much straight through how u analyzed this. I think redskins might have too much to overcome with the 'R' attached to their name as the tiebreaker. But as we've found out never count out Jeremy.

4. dritsch

dritsch Walk On

Great job man.

5. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

Nice write up Bluebean. I need you and 49ers to give me a little breathing room.

6. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

Awesome Bean. Im in a damn tail spin right now, gotta find some way to get back on track and stop throwing pics

7. Bluebean

Bluebean Kansas City Chiefs

Sorry I didn't exactly analyze 1-16 like I did in the AFC; but if your in the hunt in the next couple weeks then you will definitely get featured in the conversation.

8. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

dude, bluebean, keep this up man. I love it!