NFC North: Talking That Trash

Discussion in 'Team Management' started by KnightNoles, Oct 22, 2013.

1. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

[​IMG]

From the chatbox to the forums, the talk is real between the Vikings and Lions while the Bears can make an uproar here and there and lastly the Packers are the quiet but business team of the division. This should be a slobber-knocker of a division with the crown up for grabs every single year.

Chicago Bears: Gravity
    Detroit Lions: Hova
    Green Bay Packers: dakota7
    Minnesota Vikings: KnightNoles

History

2013-2014
    Detroit Lions 12-4 (5-1)
    Minnesota Vikings 10-6 (4-2)
    Green Bay Packers 7-9 (1-5)
    Chicago Bears 6-10 (2-4)

• Like Like x 1
  2. KnightNoles

[​IMG]
    Gravity and his beloved Bears finished last in the division and I believe he started to figure out how to play the game and work his strategy/gameplan. The Bears will always be centered around their defense and I think that is how Gravity likes to play. He still has Cutler who likes to chuck it around to Marshall and Jeffery then give the rock to Forte.

[​IMG]
    Hova won the the division and will be consistently in double digit wins. Adding Roddy White to the receiving corps, either him or Calvin will be open. The Lions faced off against the Seahawks ( PAgamer07 ) and then faced the eventual Super Bowl Champions in the 49ers ( biggcoug65 ). H added to the line in FA and Draft so he can get some ground game going, with Leshoure and Bush being thunder and lightning. I'm not sure on the defense but with the kind of offense that is running the D, he will just need a stop or two.

[​IMG]
    dakota7 A disappointing year with what he had in his arsenal, getting only one division win will leave a sour taste in his mouth. He went out and got JJ Watt and gave up Jordy Nelson, I think that is good for the division... I know he is going to have some issues trying to resign all of the WRs but getting rid of offense in favor of defense is a meh even if he is a 99 guy. Look for the Pack to bounce back and get multiple wins against the division.

[​IMG]
    KnightNoles Coming down to the last week of the season to take the division, they failed to do so. They slipped into the playoffs as a WC team and lost to the Panthers ( fuzzyl0gic ). The Vikings wanted to upgrade their secondary to contend with Marshall and Jeffery, Cobb and Jones, and then of course Roddy and Calvin. Of course I think my own team gets over 10 wins again but this will be a much more competitive division and I think we are good enough to get both WCs into the playoffs.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
    • Like Like x 4
  3. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Packers do the unthinkable, sweeping the season series with da Bears. Honestly, a 3-3 split in division is the goal. Off to a good start only 5 weeks in.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  4. KnightNoles

Quarterly Report
    [​IMG]
    2-2
    Chicago 17 Arizona 45
    Washington 21 Chicago 27
    Chicago 41 Green Bay 48
    Oakland 38 Chicago 40

PF: 125 PA: 152

Chicago started off slowly and did the whole win-loss-win-loss ordeal. The Chicago defense looked very suspect as they gave up two 40 pointers and then another 30 pointer to a rookie qb in the Oakland Raiders. The D has to right the ship because they have enough offense with their three scoring outburst so far on the year.

[​IMG]
    3-0
    New York G 17 Detroit 30
    Minnesota 20 Detroit 27
    Denver 17 Detroit 30
    BYE

PF: 87 PA: 54

The Lions opened up 3-0 with their most difficult game coming at home against the Vikings in which they played tough defense and didn't break against Peterson and company. Then took on best friend Mas in a home game against the Broncos that he won going away by 13 points.

[​IMG]
    2-2
    Green Bay 20 Carolina 34
    Green Bay 29 San Diego 17
    Chicago 41 Green Bay 48
    Green Bay 10 St. Louis 20

PF: 107 PA: 112

The Packers didn't start off too hot against Cam and the Panthers but fought back and won two straight including one against the hated divisional rival Bears. Green Bay then dropped an unexpected game to the Rams, as it looks like their offense didn't come to play.

[​IMG]
    3-1
    Minnesota 20 Seattle 17
    Minnesota 20 Detroit 27
    Oakland 17 Minnesota 31
    Minnesota 20 New Orleans 9

PF: 91 PA: 70

There isn't much to say about this four game opening stretch to the season, the Vikes came back and fought to pull out the victory in Seattle. Week two they traveled and played a decent game and let Detroit hold onto the victory, week three was a sim and then a lot of stuff clicked defensively against the Saints to hold them to 9 points.

Gravity
    Hova
    dakota7

• Like Like x 1
  5. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

Good stuff, but why isn't our game in there bruh KnightNoles

• Like Like x 1
  6. KnightNoles

Ummm, you will figure it out soon.

• Like Like x 1
  7. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Cut him some slack he's a college student. Lol

8. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Quarterly Report

9. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Should be called the prehistoric report with the timing :rolleyes:

Tell us about the Dinosaurs of that period as well :pompous:

10. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Hova wins the award of the biggest beating taken in the history of TMFL against biggcoug65. Next quarter ammo. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. KnightNoles

We will soon get to the large dinosaur egg laid by the pre-historic Lions in the Niners game.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

Oh yeah......FUCK YOU ALL

• Like Like x 2
  13. dakota7

So the Packers knocked off 4 in a row, including a big win over the Lions. Then the bye week hits and they lose all their momentum, get blown the fuck out twice and the entire offense is now on a cold streak (literally).

Awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  14. KnightNoles

Another quarterly report will come within the next day or two

15. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Bye weeks are such bullshit. It'd be one thing if there was some way to make you not be actively fucked by them (better coaches have better results off a bye, worse coaches only have some small negative impacts).

But the way they are now, it's almost a guaranteed loss off the bye. I was plus... I want to say 18 in turnover margin before my bye week. Coming off the bye, I had 8 fumbles in two weeks. It was infuriating.

• Like Like x 1
  16. dakota7

The thing I don't understand is you can miss your individual goals but win the game and still wind up on a cold streak....particularly a quarterback. Winning should make it almost impossible to get on a cold streak.

• Like Like x 1
  17. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Good, I'm glad!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

You are the worst kind of person.

19. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

My team was lights out vs nellycuz coming off our bye.

20. dakota7

Not me.

21. KnightNoles

Quarterly Report
    2nd Quarter Record (Overall Record)
    [​IMG]
    2-1 (4-3)
    Green Bay 27 Chicago 20
    BYE
    Minnesota 14 Chicago 30
    Chicago 44 Kansas City 38

PF: 94 PA: 79

Chicago down 20-3 at halftime of the Packers game and made it interesting in the second half, outscoring the Pack 17-7 but fell a TD short. The Bears would grab two victories as they came off the week six bye as their defense played extremely well against the Vikings and then had a shoot out against the Chiefs, as Alex Smith threw for 411 yards with 4 TDs and 3 INTs while Jamaal Charles burned the Bears D with 195 yards on 32 carries.

[​IMG]
    1-3 (4-3)
    Detroit 27 San Diego 14
    Detroit 31 Carolina 33
    Detroit 0 San Francisco 58
    Detroit 13 Green Bay 30

PF: 71 PA: 135

What an abysmal four weeks for the Lions as they suddenly lead the division being undefeated and lose three straight games and find themselves in second place. All four games were on the road and weren't good enough to pull the split out and were flat out embarrassed on the West Coast by the Niners and then go up to Green Bay and lose the lead in the division, surely they bounce back.

[​IMG]
    4-0 (6-2)
    Green Bay 27 Chicago 20
    Green Bay 32 Oakland 24
    Kansas City 13 Green Bay 17
    Detroit 13 Green Bay 30

PF: 106 PA: 70

The Packers were a dominant force this quarter, with four victories with a margin of victory average of 9 points. With the Lions slide and Packers running rough shop, they would take the lead in the division. An offense on point and a defense that gave up 17.5 points a game was the recipe for nice success and it shows.

[​IMG]
    2-1 (5-2)
    BYE
    Minnesota 27 Kansas City 10
    Minnesota 14 Chicago 30
    Minnesota 27 Denver 14

PF: 68 PA: 44

A sim win and then a butt whipping at the hands of the Bears and then a solid victory in Denver isn't too much to get up for. The Vikes did enough to stay in the divisional hunt, one which looks like it could be a four team race to the finish line.

Gravity
    Hova
    dakota7

• Like Like x 1
  22. KnightNoles

Quarterly Report
    3rd Quarter Record (Overall Record)
    [​IMG]
    1-3 (5-6)
    Tampa Bay 23 Chicago 48
    Carolina 56 Chicago 29
    Chicago 31 Minnesota 42
    Chicago 7 Detroit 30

PF: 115 PA: 151

Chicago went through a terrible stretch losing three games, two of those being division contests. At best it looks like they could have been 2-2 in these four games but the defense only decided to show up in one of these games. With five weeks to play, the Bears are on the cusp of missing the playoffs and I believe one more loss will do that. BEAR DOWN

[​IMG]
    4-0 (8-3)
    Detroit 38 Minnesota 23
    Atlanta 17 Detroit 37
    Detroit 28 Tampa Bay 13
    Chicago 7 Detroit 30

PF: 133 PA: 60

Started off with a sim win against the Vikings which might end up being big when all said and done and then they took care of business against two NFC South teams and then against the Bears. Offense played a major part outscoring the opponents two to one. This looks to have turn into a two team division race and the Lions hold the tiebreaker.

[​IMG]
    0-3 (6-5)
    BYE
    Minnesota 31 Green Bay 3
    Denver 34 Green Bay 7
    New Orleans 16 Green Bay 10

PF: 20 PA: 81

What happened to this team? The offense scoring 20 points, what in the blue sky and green grass... They went from the hottest team to the coldest team and gave the division lead away as quick as they took it. Can the Pack regroup and make this division more interesting with a three team race?

[​IMG]
    3-1 (8-3)
    Detroit 38 Minnesota 23
    Minnesota 31 Green Bay 3
    Chicago 31 Minnesota 42
    San Diego 24 Minnesota 27

PF: 123 PA: 96

Stated already, the sim loss against the Lions might come back to haunt the Vikes. Besides that, the defense has played really well besides against Chicago but they came up big with key plays late in the game to make it a two team race with the Lions. Will either one of them slip up and allow one to get an upper hand? The last five games of the season should be a wild ride, keep an eye on the Packers also.

Gravity
    Hova
    dakota7

23. dakota7

Packers close out NFC Norris play with a 4-2 record, sweeping the Bears and Lions but laying a complete turd against the Vikings. Looking for the reason why? Turnovers. A combined +14 against the Lions and Bears, but a dismal -6 against the Vikings. Pretty obvious what needs to change going into next season.

[​IMG]

24. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

You're gonna wear more eye patches??

25. dakota7

No!! We need to reduce the turnovers against the Vikings!