NFC PlayOff Watch

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by ferocious, Oct 9, 2010.

1. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

NFC PlayOff Watch

PlayOff Watch

At the time of this writing

Alright PMFL here goes the official Playoff Watch straight from the musky smell of the gridiron. There is a lot of interesting scenarios in the NFC/AFC with a lot of teams still fighting for a wild card spot. The top 4 seats in the two conferences are all pretty much and locked up, unless something unexpectable happens……But here in PMFL you is not over till the fat lady sings….

NFC

Teams with a strong jockstrap:

Giants (Phenom) 10-2: This team is holding on to the #1 spot by their jockstrap but maybe be moving to the g-string section of this playoff watch. With teams like the Rams, Seahawks, and Saints only one game behind its gonna be hard to stay on top. Good news is that I see them being in the playoffs for sure and winning their division, with 4 games ahead of the Eagles all they have to do is win 1-4 and they are in.

Rams (Andyman) 9-2: This team is coming on strong after a slow start, and are holding on to their division by the g-string. Having lost to the Seahawks once already and a last game matchup vs them should have them worried on winning the division. The good news for this team is that a postseason awaits them, so were will they stand at the start of the playoffs is totally up to them.

Teams holding on to their G-String:

Saints (Gohard1) 9-3: This Saints team is playing pretty good and have their eyes on the top two spots in the conference. But what they should be worrying about first is winning their division and locking up a sure playoff spot. With another 9-3 team in the Seahawks waiting in the wildcard spot at the moment this team can let up. And with only a two game advantage over the Bucs and having to play them their last game in the schedule, its gonna go to the wire for that division. But I see this team in the post season..

Vikings (Iboogie 32) 7-5: All I have to say is WOW… How this team is holding on to the g-string in the division? I don’t know, maybe he is using some chewed up gum but if they slip just a little they will see their postseason fly away. With their division rivals the Lions holding the same record as them, only the schedule will decide who is in and who is out. Look for the division winner to be decided by week 17 when they face the Lions. As for the team not at the top by then, they can look forward to next season becuz there is no way two teams out of this division makes it to the postseason.

Seahawks (Matt54987) 9-3: Why this team is at the wildcard spot I don’t know. Its hard to imagine a team with a 9-3 record being way down there but they are. But it wont be for long as they already beat the Rams once and will do it again, which will put them to win the division and sending the Rams to the wild card spot.

Lions (Bigsmooth33) 7-5: This team is on life support right now, but pressuring the Vikes. One slip by either of these teams and they will be looking forward to next season. With the Bucs looking under that g-string on both of these teams, look for the Bucs to get in to the postseason and either the Lions or Vikes heading home..

Teams sliding the G-String to the side:

Bucs (Chunk) 7-5: Pussshhh…Ugggghhh….Pusshhh…Ughhhh….
    This team looks like they have been going to labor recently, started off hot and have been on and off since then. They have no chance of winning their division or maybe they do if the Saints take a shit at the end lol…. But the good news for this young team is they will face a team that is holding to their g-string in the Lions and can replace them in the post season. But it still wont be easy as their last 3 games are vs Lions, Seahawks, and Saints in that order. All they can hope for is a strong finish or for those last 2 teams to rest their starters in preparation for the postseason.

Eagles (Slaeyor) 6-6: This team is down but not out, but with 3 division games ahead of them I see them preparing for nest season already. It’s a surprise for this young talented team, but maybe just like in real life. The departure of chunky soup hurt them….

49rs (redlishus) 6-6: This team might be peaking at the right moment by winning their last two games but with the next 3 games going vs real strong teams, I don’t see them in the post season. They will be watching the playoffs from home unless they can pull some upsets.

Well PMFL that wraps up the NFC playoff watch, as you can see the only safe teams here are the top 2 spots. After that is all in the hands of the Coaches and their respective teams. But like I said, it’s not over till the fat lady sings……

2. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Nice analysis Alonso. Hopefully our #1 rated defense can earn us a playoff spot... we've battled through some injuries and expect to get our #2 CB Terrell Thomas back just in time for our game against the Saints in week 17!

3. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Good work!

Man, me and Minnesota just can't pull away from one another.

The Pack handed me my ass this last week after the epic come back win in Lambeau.

Should be interesting in upcoming weeks, but I've got a tough schedule upcoming, with Doug next.

4. Phenom

Phenom Walk On

Nice read Alonso. A lot still undecided with just 3 games left in the season.

5. CHUNKNESS

That's what I love about this league. So much parity. Records can't be taken for granted. That and even if you have a bad season, things can improve after the draft!

6. Phenom

Phenom Walk On

Absolutely Doug. This league is highly competitive so you can't sleep on anyone. You're right things can change quickly for a team with just a few offseason acquisitions (or losses even).

7. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Well the Lions just shit away another opportunity... It's not looking good... Miami then the week 17 showdown in Detroit vs. Minnesota...

8. CHUNKNESS

Yeah, looks like it may come down to week 17 for you Ryan. No pressure...