NFC South: Started From the Bottom

Discussion in 'Team Management' started by fuzzyl0gic, Oct 22, 2013.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

[​IMG]

Many people dubbed the NFCS the laughing stock of TMFL last season. The Panthers almost made it to the SB with the help of a sim win against the Giants. Josh Freeman tested FA with the Bucs going with Mike Glennon for their future, and Freeman ends up on the Saints after Brees retires. Charles Johnson finds himself traded to the Bucs as the Panthers could no longer afford his huge contract. The Saints trade the best player in the division outside of Cam to hated GM OMlawdog and the Jets. Lots of swapping and confusing moves happened in this offseason for the NFCS. Will it pay off?

[​IMG]
    Panthers (8-8): Started off just terrible last season (1-6), but ripped off a win streak that was enough to take the division and get into the playoffs. The defense played amazing in the WC round game against Noles and his Vikes to sneak away with a 29-26 victory. They won a sim to the Giants, and then faced couggs and his 49ers. The Panthers beat the 49ers in week 10 of the regular season, but cougg showed you can't fool him twice. Both teams ran a lot of RO, and Kap came out on top with a big win. The Panthers almost smelled the SB for the first time since 2003, and they want back. Steve Smith retires, and young rookie WRs have to prove themselves. The Panthers went 4-2 in the division, tying the series with the Falcons and Bucs and sweeping the Saints. They're hoping to do even better this year. My prediction for 2014: 7-9

[​IMG]

Saints (6-10): The Saints were the inverse of the Panthers. They started off hot, but fell of towards the end of the year. They lacked consistency. With the loss of Brees and Graham, this may be another long year for them. Freeman does have a nice arm, but makes poor decisions at times. They'll need to rely on the run game more. Whatever happens with this team, they are LOADED up on draft picks for 2015 (3 in the 1st, FIVE in the 2nd). Talk about rebuild mode. My Prediction for 2014: 3-13

[​IMG]

Buccaneers (6-10): The Bucs had a disappointing year, but I do think they may be the favorite to rise to the top of the division in 2014. They ditched Freeman midway through the season (due to an injury I believe) and decided to stick with Mike Glennon for the long haul. He had a very efficient year for a rookie. The Bucs now have an even nastier defense, a good run game, and a QB who will only get better. They will be a very competitive team and will represent the division well. My prediction for 2014: 10-6

[​IMG]

Falcons (3-13): You couldn't draw up a more comedic entrance for the young buck coach who entered TMFL for the first time. He claimed his team was too talented to not win the division before the season began, and managed to fall flat on his face. Props to him for sticking around though despite the adversity. He also had a moral victory in week 17 against the Panthers, showing tanking was not in his blood. This year he has loads of young talent, and Matt Ryan hopes to cut down on his mistakes. My prediction for 2014: 8-8​

• Like Like x 4
  2. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I've got Tampe Bay this year outta the South

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  4. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    Oh?

• Like Like x 2
  5. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:

This is pretty spot on tbqh. Showers isnt as quick as I would have liked out of the draft, but at this point hes a younger Mark Ingram. I'm not resigning Sproles or Ingram this offseason in hopes of finding a speed tandem (either through the draft or FA) to compliment Showers. The WR I took in round 2 (Tyson Ellington) will be moving to TE. That guy is a complete monster and should eventually fill Jimmy Grahams shoes nicely. At 6'6", 231 lbs hes a mismatch no matter where you put him on the field, just needs a bit of refining. Moving him to TE also allows us to promote Kenny Stills, who seems to have a ton of potential. One thing I learned from Week 1 was that the team is very much too slow, Stills speed helps to remedy that. Regardless though, 3-13 is probably a spot on prediction for this season. Lets just hope I learn how to scout / draft before the season ends.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

Panthers will be tough as long as they have Cam, he is a bad bad man. Bucs will be right there as the young guys start to gel, should be a great race! Saints & Falcons can still upset the others, see if these early draft pics pay off for these boys.

• Like Like x 1
  7. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

NFC South: Season Two First Quarter Report

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The first quarter of season two is in the books, and the division is starting to take shape. The Panthers are atop the division so far, with the Falcons just behind them. The Saints seem to have found something in week three, as they held the Panthers to a season low score total in week two, and finally found success in week three with a 20 point win over the Titans. The Bucs dropped their second game of the year in a disappointing offensive performance against Carolina in week three. The Falcons started off the year strong, going 2-0, but faltered against the Colts in week three. They couldn't stop Luck's arm, and Matty Ice threw four picks. It's still anybody's conference as this point, thanks for tuning in to the NFCS quarterly report. Bucs Cole Copeland NeuroticTruth

• Like Like x 2
  8. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Our defense _so far_ seems much improved from last year, finally starting to put things together. Offensively though we won despite Freeman. His stats werent all that bad, but both of Colstons TDs were lucky plays. I'm still struggling to find my stride with Freeman, luckily though Showers has proven he was worth his #1 OVR pick the last two weeks.

9. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

I'm pretty consistent in Tampa in being able to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Similar to real life.